PDA

View Full Version : Wheel well/quarter panel rust starting to bubble...

Ferio_vti
09-06-2018, 03:35 PM
Hey guys,

anyone know a good shop that does welding and cutting sheet metal?
unfortunately starting to bubble a little bit on the underside of the rear wheel well lip (you know, the pinch welds).
It looks like it's in the early stage. Unfortunately, I didn't remove the lip rubber sooner.

I spoke to Screamin' Paint works, they will only replace the entire quarter panel, which I would love to do... but for that money, I can get a new car instead.

firebane
09-06-2018, 03:38 PM
Hey guys,

my 2001 Prelude is unfortunately starting to bubble a little bit on the underside of the rear wheel well lip (you know, the pinch welds).
It looks like it's in the early stage. Unfortunately, I didn't remove the lip rubber sooner.

I spoke to Screamin' Paint works, they will only replace the entire quarter panel, which I would love to do... but for that money, I can get a new car instead.

Not worth it unless you have a huge investment in to the car.

Skrilla
09-06-2018, 04:28 PM
Hey guys,

my 2001 Prelude is unfortunately starting to bubble a little bit on the underside of the rear wheel well lip (you know, the pinch welds).

Depending what you want to spend, I just did something similar on a tailgate. Sanded it down, used a little filler on the spot (size of a toonie) after using POR15. Prepped and painted. Looks good enough for my eyes, and I spent around $80.

J-hop
09-06-2018, 10:19 PM
I use a dremel with one of those extension attachments so you can do fine detailed grinding, get a few different grinding stones. Grind to bare metal, coat with a rust converter (I use a rust converter/primer from rust check) let that dry then use a touch up brush (if it’s a relatively small area. Never had rust come back