PDA

View Full Version : APEGA NPPE Volunteer

The Cosworth
09-13-2018, 09:36 AM
Anyone done the volunteer gig with APEGA to help draft questions for the NPPE? I was asked to participate and wonder how it was. I used to sit on the board of ASET before I became a PL.Eng and it was a bit painful and am a lot more hesitant because of that experience.

bjstare
09-13-2018, 01:18 PM
That organization (APEGA) is the biggest self serving circle jerk I've ever seen; they are utterly useless.

I wouldn't touch it with a 10' pole, unless you want to use it for CPDs or something (although, there's a long list of stuff I'd do if I needed CPDs before I'd do that).

Sorry, that may not be helpful. I have 0 experience with volunteering for NPPE question development. But I have enough experience dealing with APEGA that I want no part of it. Literally everything is a headache with them (except paying dues, they figured out how to make that easy).

The Cosworth
09-13-2018, 01:24 PM
That organization (APEGA) is the biggest self serving circle jerk I've ever seen; they are utterly useless.

I wouldn't touch it with a 10' pole, unless you want to use it for CPDs or something (although, there's a long list of stuff I'd do if I needed CPDs before I'd do that).

Sorry, that may not be helpful. I have 0 experience with volunteering for NPPE question development. But I have enough experience dealing with APEGA that I want no part of it. Literally everything is a headache with them (except paying dues, they figured out how to make that easy).

Haha no worries. ASET hurt my head the 3 years I sat on the review board. Actually was a big reason I gave up my membership and went with my P.L. Eng after. I wonder if it is just the nature of the beast of these things. Luckily I don't struggle for CPD due to my job responsibilities.

msommers
09-15-2018, 02:37 PM

Agreed, but is there a professional organization out there that isn't?!

bjstare
09-15-2018, 05:27 PM
Agreed, but is there a professional organization out there that isn't?!

Highly unlikely.