PDA

View Full Version : Electronic Documents vs. Traditional Paper (via Canada Post)

Masked Bandit
09-14-2018, 09:11 AM
Hey Beyond,

I'm looking to gauge typical Beyond behavior when it comes to document control. Things like bank statements, phone bills, insurance policies, etc.. Any thoughts one way or the other would be appreciated.

Thanks!

:winter:

lasimmon
09-14-2018, 09:14 AM
I think insurance is the only thing I still receive as paper because as far as I know there is no electronic option.

mr2mike
09-14-2018, 09:14 AM
My company has all their wellfiles scanned to digital. Traditional paper wellfiles are all gone. Talkin' 1000 page pdf's. Mostly not labelled properly.

If they're well labelled and you can search them in the database. It's easy.
If they're well backed up, I see no issue.

EK 2.0
09-14-2018, 09:38 AM
I am indifferent as to whether paper or electronic.

I like the idea of electronic as everything is in "one place" to access, but if there are companies that I interact with that still paper bill/invoice/authorize I am ok with that as well....

I also just LOVE shredding documents so I like that aspect of paper....(makes me feel like Donald Trump at 3am when I can't sleep shredding illicit documents haha...)

The_Penguin
09-14-2018, 09:45 AM
Electronic whenever possible.
If I do get paper, it's scanned then shredded (unless it is important like insurance, etc.
All of my electronic docs are searchable. If I have a hard drive fail, type in the serial number, up comes the receipt.

ExtraSlow
09-14-2018, 09:46 AM
I lean towards electronic, but don't mind paper.

HiTempguy1
09-14-2018, 09:52 AM
Electronic, because I can always make a paper copy if I feel its necessary.

One of the worst things in my daily life is mail. I fucking hate mail. Mail is almost always bad, rarely does anything good come in the mail. And its always a surprise, you have to open it to see.

I'm not an anxious person, but I HATE mail. Email all the way.

CompletelyNumb
09-14-2018, 09:58 AM
All electronic. Hubdoc for my paperwork, receiptbank for my receipts.

Masked Bandit
09-14-2018, 10:46 AM
I also just LOVE shredding documents so I like that aspect of paper....(makes me feel like Donald Trump at 3am when I can't sleep shredding illicit documents haha...)

+1

Another fun activity is to accumulate documents that will need to be destroyed throughout the year and then take a rubbermaid tote full of them camping. I use the paper to start campfires and then as we sit around the kids crumple up paper and toss it in the fire. When they go to bed I get a little more efficient and start tossing in 15-20 sheets at a time. Ever walk past a campsite at 2:00 AM and some guy is sitting there drunk AF tossing insurance documents into a fire? Nope, no Sir...nothing shady going on here...lol.

thinmyster
09-14-2018, 11:20 AM
I'm all about dat paper.

Mostly due to my business

Masked Bandit
09-14-2018, 11:45 AM
I'm all about dat paper.

Tree farmer?

EK 2.0
09-14-2018, 03:44 PM
I'm all about dat paper.

Tree farmer?

Probably drug...err....Pharmaceutical Distribution.....

dirtsniffer
09-14-2018, 04:27 PM
Gmail makes it so easy to save documents to the drive. The best.

schocker
09-14-2018, 05:08 PM
Everything PDF and then I save it to dropbox.

ercchry
09-14-2018, 05:50 PM
my job would be so much easier if no one ever was able to send me scans or jpegs of physical documents... the worst. but would it be easier? probably not, cause these same people that just dont get it would probably just take pictures of their computer screens instead of hitting the download button and sending me a nice zip with everything in it... and i wish this was just a hypothetical :rofl:

even my dad is guilty of this... he manages tech projects for a living. last time i saw him his accountant requested 12 months of bank statements and he was complaining about having to find them all, and then scan and upload everything.... uh dad... you have online banking, you use online banking... i know you know your login in... you have access to at least 5yrs worth of statements already in perfect, secured PDF form!!!! jesus...

AndyL
09-14-2018, 06:06 PM
If I never had to see Canada Post again - I would be the happiest man alive.

Oh wait, except for filament. I like filament deliveries. But even those, could come by anyone but UPS and I'd be happy. (UPS driver doesn't even come to my house, just automatically sets it for pickup at the airport... I'm outside okotoks ffs!)

Thaco
09-14-2018, 08:30 PM
I hate paper, i can never find the shit when i need it, use search in my email and bam, there it is.

I get bank and credit card statements and stuff like that in the mail, 90% of the time i don't even open them, straight to the shredder, i have access to it all online anyway

max_boost
09-15-2018, 02:26 AM
I'm all about dat paper.

Mostly due to my business :bigpimp: