PDA

View Full Version : Rolex servicing

Asian_defender
09-22-2018, 10:23 PM
I have a vintage datejust that I would have to have serviced. Birks and JV Anderson both send their watches to Rolex in Toronto. Brinkhaus does it in house supposedly but I cant stand the staff there.

Where does that leave me if I prefer local? Kongs??
He says he gets genuine rolex parts but his store doesnt strike me as a place that would have a rolex parts account.

Suggestions?

Pacman
09-23-2018, 06:47 PM
J.Vair should have an option to have Brynn (their watchmaker) do a factory Rolex service in the store. I had it done earlier this year. You get a factory Rolex warranty along with a Rolex warranty card filled out.

Independent watchmakers won't have access to Rolex parts from Rolex directly. They are using aftermarket parts or getting them from another source.

Asian_defender
09-24-2018, 09:37 AM
When I called them they told me they send it out, maybe I got someone new.....
All the forums say not to send out anything over 20 years old to Rolex as you have no say in what they do. The lume on the dials are not working anymore but its a 1984 so thats to be expected. I'm worried that RSC will replace the dial

Impreza
09-25-2018, 10:02 AM
Pacman is right. J.Vair can do it in-house. They always offer that service but I just ask them to send it to Toronto instead. RSC also takes forever... I think it took over 2 months last time I serviced my watch.

Asian_defender
09-25-2018, 10:10 AM
what did the service cost you guys?

Impreza
09-25-2018, 08:24 PM
I recall it being about $700-$750

civicHB
09-26-2018, 08:34 AM
I recall it being about $700-$750

sounds about what it costs here in Edmonton

CMW403
10-01-2018, 01:41 AM
Pacman is right. J.Vair can do it in-house. They always offer that service but I just ask them to send it to Toronto instead. RSC also takes forever... I think it took over 2 months last time I serviced my watch.

Thats why I love Audemars Piguet.

I have sent three of my timepieces down to Clearwater Florida Audemars Piguet for different warranty and non-warranty servicing and they pay for overnight shipping both ways, and the longest I have waited was like 14-17 days. Servicing is a breeze with them.