PDA

View Full Version : Official NBA Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Manhattan
10-01-2018, 01:55 PM
I'll kick this thing off by asking what's the best streaming service for games that's not league pass? Preferably something that caches games so I don't spend 3 hours watching every game.

jabjab
10-01-2018, 01:56 PM
i just use firstrowsports, seems to have every game but you have to close all these pop ups which can get annoying

Manhattan
10-01-2018, 02:31 PM
I don't mind paying by the way. Usually split it a couple ways between friends. League pass has too many black outs.

max_boost
10-01-2018, 03:49 PM
Exciting season for sure. So many story lines.

sexualbanana
10-01-2018, 05:23 PM
I don't stream games, so I can't help on that front. If I really feel compelled to watch a game that isn't broadcasted, I stick with highlights on Youtube. There are some channels out there that show basically every basket and/or notable play in a game.

As for storylines, there's lots that I'm interested in:
1) Toronto's all-in with Kawhi and what that means for the future. I like the trade more than most people, so I'm intrigued to see how this is going to work out for them. It's an incredible gamble for a lot of reasons.
2) Lebron mixing in with the Lakers. They've got some ball-dominant playmakers like Lebron, Rondo, and Lonzo. Ultimately, everyone, coaching staff included, has to cede control to Lebron, which is worrisome if you're Walton or Magic.
3) Hopefully we finally get a full season of Hayward and Kyrie. With the acceleration of Rozier and Taytum, it can cause a mix of feelings and egos that could be difficult to manage.

brucebanner
10-09-2018, 10:34 AM
Let's hope this thread stays lively this season.

As far as streaming, I'm going to try an IPTV service.

Excited for this season, very interested to see what happens with the raptors this year. I also like the trade, he elevates the team to a much higher level as long as he's healthy and the guys gel. A lineup of Lowry/Green/Leonard/OG/Pascal is scary for most of the league and the team is deep.

Lakers are going to be interesting to follow.

Lots of interesting rookies to follow.

OKC is a lot deeper this year if they can get/stay healthy.

Rockets got worse defensively

Among other story lines.

max_boost
10-09-2018, 04:08 PM
Boston tho. So much depth. hope they can all make it work. Stevens is a genius tho.

sexualbanana
10-18-2018, 09:27 PM
Toronto's ball movement looked nice last night. Ibaka and JV aren't known for their passing out of the post, but they did a pretty good job of finding the correct pass - JV to a cutting OG, and Ibaka finding Green for a 3.

Watching the Laker-Blazers game now and they're basically trading 2's for Portland 3's. If they keep going this week, I can see the Lakers scoring a million points in transition, or Lebron is going to the line 16 times a game.

brucebanner
10-19-2018, 08:28 AM
Caught the last 3-4 minutes of the Raps opener, so I didn't get a good feel for how they were playing, happy with the W though. Leonard played 37 minutes, very good signs that he is healthy.

Boston fully outplayed the 76ers as a whole, they're going to be super tough this year. Tatum is so nice already, if he keeps developing like he is, I can see him taking minutes from Gordan.

Watched the first half of the Lakers / Trailblazers and the Lakers are a lot of fun to watch. Extremely deep at the 1/2 position. Need to play Lonzo more but Rondo played well so it was hard to take him off the floor. As a team they shot poorly from 3 and that's the knock on the team, I think they'll shoot league average over the course of the year, no 3's were dropping last night. I think they'll make noise in the west, I'm leaning towards top 5 finish.

Looking forward to the Celtics / Raps game tonight, I'll only get to watch the second half but this matchup is the key matchup of the east. I really think the Raps can come out on top and make the finals this year since there is no Lebron to go through anymore haha. Thrilled that the NBA is back!

kJUMP
10-19-2018, 10:45 AM
i'm a big time dubs fan. i followed them loosely before but then lived for a year in the bay area just south of san francisco during their 73-9 season. it was crazy, everyone just got sucked into the atmosphere over the season despite the end result. steph is so insane with his handles and shooting and KD is an assassin too. it'll be interesting to see how boogie is integrated into the lineup, but the season is long.

of course, i support the raps also. it was disappointing last year in the second around against the cavs; if they had only won that first game... they've got a lot to prove this year.

rockets are good, but i think less so than last year. they've lost a couple depth pieces, CP3 is older, and carmelo is just a poison pill.

boston i haven't watched that much but with kyrie healthy and hayward improving, probably a contender.

LAL and OKC storylines will be interesting as well.

sexualbanana
10-19-2018, 02:05 PM
Watched the first half of the Lakers / Trailblazers and the Lakers are a lot of fun to watch. Extremely deep at the 1/2 position. Need to play Lonzo more but Rondo played well so it was hard to take him off the floor. As a team they shot poorly from 3 and that's the knock on the team, I think they'll shoot league average over the course of the year, no 3's were dropping last night. I think they'll make noise in the west, I'm leaning towards top 5 finish.

Looking forward to the Celtics / Raps game tonight, I'll only get to watch the second half but this matchup is the key matchup of the east. I really think the Raps can come out on top and make the finals this year since there is no Lebron to go through anymore haha. Thrilled that the NBA is back!

Yeah. I think the Lakers Showtime is basically going to look like youth basketball where they just look to cause turnovers and run the fastbreak as fast as they can. They've got so many ballhandlers, playmakers and finishers, but no shooters.

Are you saying top 5 in the league? Or the west?

brucebanner
10-19-2018, 03:29 PM
Yeah. I think the Lakers Showtime is basically going to look like youth basketball where they just look to cause turnovers and run the fastbreak as fast as they can. They've got so many ballhandlers, playmakers and finishers, but no shooters.

Are you saying top 5 in the league? Or the west?

Ingram, Hart, Kuz and KCP are all good shooters. Those shots will fall more than they did last night.

I'm saying top 5 west, I think top 5 in the league is a bigger stretch.

Warriors, Celtics, Raptors. Rockets, Jazz top 5 in the league I think, in no particular order.

Manhattan
10-19-2018, 03:50 PM
Ingram, Hart, Kuz and KCP are all good shooters.

All those guys are average shooters. You wouldn't set up a play for any of them to shoot an open 3 at the end of a game. Lakers shooting was atrocious last night. Even if they even out to be league average that means they'll be an average team which means fighting just to make playoffs. Too early to judge a team after 1 game but Lakers are far from a finished product in terms of personnel. Without a doubt they'll be shopping for shooters and a shot blocker at the trade deadline.

max_boost
10-19-2018, 05:26 PM
Reminded me of the Houston game lol Are these guys gonna sink a 3 here or what? haha

brucebanner
10-19-2018, 06:27 PM
I'm not saying they're knockdown shooters like Reddick, Korver etc. but I think they're going to be reliable. I don't disagree that they'll be shifting personal before the season is up. 1 game is definitely far too little to go off for sure, fun to watch them for the first half anyway (I went to bed after that haha).

max_boost
10-19-2018, 10:32 PM
The Raps and KL :love:

Keep it up!

brucebanner
10-20-2018, 10:53 AM
Leonard looks healthy, little more rust to shake off. Toronto is going to make some noise this year. Long as they stay healthy, NBA finals here they come!

sexualbanana
10-24-2018, 11:31 PM
I swear Masai Ujiri has dirt on every other team president/owner/GM in the league.

Convinces the Knicks to give up a first-rounder for Bargnani (Bargnani!) - To be fair the Knicks will Knick, so maybe it's not so surprising.
Trades Vasquez (Vasquez!) for a 2015 2nd-rounder who turns into Powell and a 2017 first-rounder who turns into OG (OG!)
Finds FVV off the undrafted scrap heap
And, the icing on the cake:
Trades Demar and Poetl for Kawhi AND gets Danny Green as a salary match! I'm pretty sure Green may go down as the greatest salary match of all time.

sexualbanana
10-26-2018, 06:03 PM
http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/25075452/david-stern-dell-demps-new-orleans-pelicans-lousy-general-manager

In explaining his veto of the trade that would have sent Paul to the Lakers, Stern calls Pelican's (then Hornets) GM Dell Demps a "lousy general manager."

Some strong words from a guy who is still somewhat involved in the league about a GM who is still active.

sexualbanana
10-29-2018, 02:40 PM
Boooo. No Giannis, no Kawhi tonight!

sexualbanana
11-02-2018, 06:24 PM
The curse of coaching Lebron may be coming sooner than originally thought.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/25156914/magic-johnson-admonishes-luke-walton-los-angeles-lakers-slow-start

max_boost
11-05-2018, 12:18 PM
Suffice to say the Raps felt good about owning Lebron last night? lol

Klay going off for an effortless 50 makes Kobe's 81 not that impressive. :dunno:

Manhattan
11-05-2018, 02:27 PM
Klay going off for an effortless 50 makes Kobe's 81 not that impressive. :dunno:

Scoring 50 is a lot easier when the defense is focused on KD and Steph. Try to name a couple of the players on Kobe's team when he scored 81.

colinxx235
11-05-2018, 03:22 PM
^+1

I really don't see how someone putting up 50 would take away from Kobes 81 at all... Quite a few guys have tossed up 50+ in the past few years but I clearly don't view it the same way of taking from another guys accomplishment who put up 31 more

The 06 lakers were a garbage squad too, Kobe carried a ton of dead weight.

06 Lakers - 1 All star/1 HoF'er (Kobe)

18 Warriors - 5 All stars/2 MVPs/5-6 Future HoF'ers

sexualbanana
11-05-2018, 04:52 PM
Any one else enjoy that the Raptor's best pitch to keep Kawhi was to basically crush the Lakers in the first quarter?

max_boost
11-07-2018, 08:54 PM
Jordan 63 > Kobe 81

Anyway, Kyrie sure got upset the other night.

sexualbanana
11-12-2018, 01:54 AM
Jordan 63 > Kobe 81

Anyway, Kyrie sure got upset the other night.

Another one of those lame unwritten rules things that seems to be so prevalent in pro sports. Though I can understand that no one likes getting the score run up on them, 50 is a pretty nice milestone. It's not like Murray was shooting the 3 to get some weird number like 54.

At the end of the day, neither team is going to remember this game and if Kyrie wants to get salty over it, then he'll have to wait 5 months when the Nuggets play the Celtics again.

max_boost
11-15-2018, 02:00 PM
A little torn last night with the Raptors lol Was up 20 I think only to lose it at the end. Good for Dwayne Casey tho.

Is the beef between Dray and KD for real? I'd keep KD over Dray, right?

kJUMP
11-15-2018, 02:09 PM
A little torn last night with the Raptors lol Was up 20 I think only to lose it at the end. Good for Dwayne Casey tho.

Is the beef between Dray and KD for real? I'd keep KD over Dray, right?

i just caught the last few minutes, seemed pretty tense. kawahi had a couple miscues and an offensive foul which i think tilted the odds in the clutch. sick block by siakam before the buzzer beater.

not sure what to make of that "feud" either. seemed like it came out of nowhere but dray's apparently upset that KD has been mum on his commitment to GSW and is considering his options for upcoming free agency... i'm sure it must be tough to balance all that talent and the accompanying egos.

i'm not sure who i'd pick to keep... dray is the emotional leader and defensive anchor but KD is automatic from mid-range and an all around player...

sexualbanana
11-16-2018, 12:39 AM
i just caught the last few minutes, seemed pretty tense. kawahi had a couple miscues and an offensive foul which i think tilted the odds in the clutch. sick block by siakam before the buzzer beater.

not sure what to make of that "feud" either. seemed like it came out of nowhere but dray's apparently upset that KD has been mum on his commitment to GSW and is considering his options for upcoming free agency... i'm sure it must be tough to balance all that talent and the accompanying egos.

i'm not sure who i'd pick to keep... dray is the emotional leader and defensive anchor but KD is automatic from mid-range and an all around player...

For me, I don't really care about KD's commitment to the Warriors, or lack thereof. He can't say he's leaving, because the season just started and that would be difficult for the team to deal with; nor can he say he's staying if he's not planning to. It's a lose-lose situation, and I would expect most of the players on GSW understand that because the core is going to be facing that question individually in the future.

But I also think that if you're talking about the two players most likely to drum something up to troll the media, Draymond and KD would be near the top of my list. Draymond because he's kind of an asshole like that, and KD because he's been so vilified by media and fans for joining the Warriors that he's sort of been in a fuck you-mode to everybody.

jabjab
11-16-2018, 09:02 AM

Draymond is a liability to the team I think. Looking at his defensive numbers and points he points up he's slightly above average and he will probably be a nobody on another team. As much as I hate KD, I would pick him over Draymond any day of the week. The two players can't be compared as they are on different levels.

max_boost
11-17-2018, 01:51 PM
For me, I don't really care about KD's commitment to the Warriors, or lack thereof. He can't say he's leaving, because the season just started and that would be difficult for the team to deal with; nor can he say he's staying if he's not planning to. It's a lose-lose situation, and I would expect most of the players on GSW understand that because the core is going to be facing that question individually in the future.

But I also think that if you're talking about the two players most likely to drum something up to troll the media, Draymond and KD would be near the top of my list. Draymond because he's kind of an asshole like that, and KD because he's been so vilified by media and fans for joining the Warriors that he's sort of been in a fuck you-mode to everybody.

Amazing plot twist if they are doing it to troll ppl lol

My bet is DG probably went to KD and cried his eyes out with Steph and Klay and all is well.

Last night's game was intense between Celtics and Raps. That Kyrie was beast mode.

brucebanner
11-18-2018, 07:40 PM
Durant wants LBJ treatment during this free agency, he can't come out and say he isn't going to resign but I think there's a good chance he moves on. It'll be interesting to see what goes down in the off-season for GSW.

Kyrie is unreal.

Very happy the raps finally won a game last night. Hard to see to see them lose 3 in a row, the pistons and Celtics games were very winnable. Leonard still shaking rust off.

Walker with 60 last night, more than his team combined!

brucebanner
11-19-2018, 12:47 PM
Apparently the Wizards are ready to blow it up. Everyone avaliable for trade, including Wall and Beal.

sexualbanana
11-19-2018, 03:03 PM
Apparently the Wizards are ready to blow it up. Everyone avaliable for trade, including Wall and Beal.

Beal is more tradeable than Wall. Unfortunately, the Wizards re-signed Wall to a supermax deal, so he's expected to make something crazy like $38 million+ starting next year. I don't think there's anyone in the league that's willing to pay that. Not to mention the matching salaries would be craaaaaazy.

Beal's, in contrast, is making a more 'manageable' $27 and $29 million the next two years.

brucebanner
11-19-2018, 03:58 PM
Oh I know, plus I believe Wall has a 15% trade kicker in his contract.

Personally, I'd rather Beal over wall but I'd probably take Porter over both of them. He's younger, slightly cheaper and fits way more in today's NBA. Beal is a better offensive player but Porter is better defensively and a better team fit in most cases.

sexualbanana
11-19-2018, 04:50 PM

Personally, I'd rather Beal over wall but I'd probably take Porter over both of them. He's younger, slightly cheaper and fits way more in today's NBA. Beal is a better offensive player but Porter is better defensively and a better team fit in most cases.

I think it'll be a hot market for Morris. An expiring $8M deal for a 6'10 player with a halfway decent 3-pt percentage and a reasonable defender on the perimeter.

The problem with Porter is I think he's grossly overpaid. Don't get me wrong, I think he's good. I just don't think he's $28M good. He's making more than Wall and Beal this year, which, comparatively is insane.

brucebanner
11-20-2018, 06:47 AM
I don't disagree with you about Morris or Porter. Teams love expiring contracts and Morris is definitely useful.

Porter is over paid, but overall his cheaper and younger than Beal and Wall. Some team is going to pick him up and squeeze more out of him than the Wiz have. Back to what got him paid in the first place and more.

How about Kemba! Playing out of his mind the last couple of games.

Lots of good story lines to follow this year as well. Warriors are still favs but the drama opens the door.

Top teams in East are excellent with room to improve.

Interested in seeing if/when the Lakers make some moves around LeBron.

Keeping track of the rookies, Luka / Young / Anton etc.

Where Melo ends up

I'm so happy NBA is back in full swing haha.

sexualbanana
11-22-2018, 11:21 AM

According to Haberstroh, apparently the trade kicker is in effect before his supermax kicks in. So if the Wizards wait until July 1 to trade him, the kicker goes down to $0.

hurrdurr
11-22-2018, 01:35 PM
I've been a raptors fan since the expansion draft but i can't fucking stand their back office. I hate what they did to Dwayne and Demar. I don't care if they're better this year - I won't cheer for a team like that any longer.

I think LA sits in bottom half of the 8, closer to 6/7 as a seed. If they end up playing GSW in the first round they're out in 5 games easily. Next year the Lakers gotta move these young punks and bring in another all star.

I'm curious where Melo goes for sure. Sad that his career has turned into this

Manhattan
11-22-2018, 02:01 PM
Fultz is like the Kwame Brown/Oden pick of his generation. Drafts are such a crapshoot.

jabjab
11-22-2018, 05:38 PM
I've been a raptors fan since the expansion draft but i can't fucking stand their back office. I hate what they did to Dwayne and Demar. I don't care if they're better this year - I won't cheer for a team like that any longer.

I think LA sits in bottom half of the 8, closer to 6/7 as a seed. If they end up playing GSW in the first round they're out in 5 games easily. Next year the Lakers gotta move these young punks and bring in another all star.

Why move the young punks?! Lakers will have room to sign anoher max player. There is such a high ceiling for Ball, Ingram, and Kuz. Trading them would be silly

hurrdurr
11-22-2018, 05:55 PM
Why move the young punks?! Lakers will have room to sign anoher max player. There is such a high ceiling for Ball, Ingram, and Kuz. Trading them would be silly

I can't stand Ball or the original hype around him and the BBB. I am not a huge fan of Ingram or Kuzma either, i feel that they'll demand money they're not worthy of in the future. They're ballers but they're not basketball players. I don't know how to properly articulate that. I always get the sense the Bron is babysitting them. I don't mind being proven wrong but until then :dunno:

sexualbanana
11-22-2018, 11:26 PM

The Raptors had topped out under Casey. He did a phenomenal job changing the Raptors from what they were, but ultimately you can't get swept out of the playoffs 3 of the last 4 years and not expect a change, especially when you consider how well they had played in the preceding regular season. Casey was badly outmatched and outcoached in the past couple playoffs, and it was highlighted when the Raptors got swept for the second straight time last year by the Cavaliers who were then taken to 7 games by a Boston Celtics team missing their two best players.

It's not unlike what the Warriors did under Mark Jackson. Warriors were 36-46 under Smart, and within 3 years he had them at 51-31 - and Jackson had a much better playoff record than Casey did. But Jackson had gotten outcoached in those playoff matchups, and sometimes teams need a different coach/style to take them over the top.

sexualbanana
11-22-2018, 11:36 PM
I can't stand Ball or the original hype around him and the BBB. I am not a huge fan of Ingram or Kuzma either, i feel that they'll demand money they're not worthy of in the future. They're ballers but they're not basketball players. I don't know how to properly articulate that. I always get the sense the Bron is babysitting them. I don't mind being proven wrong but until then :dunno:

Most lottery picks will get a max extension whether they deserve it or not. Lonzo is pretty decent player, but his value gets diminished because people don't want to deal with his dad. The younger Balls aren't likely to make the league though. The Lakers, from an individual skills standpoint, are a really good team. The problem is they're just weirdly constructed with too much overlap of styles and skills, while being noticeably lacking in other areas.

Ingram, Kuzma, and Hart are really good finishers inside. Lebron, Rondo, and Lonzo are all ball-pounders who are really good at creating shots, unfortunately no one is really effective enough of an outside shooter to take advantage of the attention that these guys attract inside.

If this team existed in the early- to mid-2000's, they would crush the league. But in this era of pace and space, they're not as effective as they could be.

The thing that gets me about the Lakers though is all the positive news about how the addition of Tyson Chandler has brought a veteran leadership to the team from someone who has lots of championship experience. Do they not notice who has been in that locker room since the beginning of the season?

sexualbanana
11-28-2018, 08:02 PM
Alright kids. We're about a quarter of the way through the season. Some big surprises and big disappointments in both the West and the East, so who do you think is making the playoffs and who is getting homecourt advantage?

West:
1. Warriors
2. Blazers
3. Nuggets
4. Clippers
5. OKC
6. Memphis
7. Lakers
8. Spurs

East:
1. Raptors
2. Bucks
3. 76ers
4. Pacers
5. Celtics
6. Pistons
7. Hornets
8. Wizards

brucebanner
11-30-2018, 10:06 AM
I don't really disagree with your choices making the playoffs, so hard to nail down who's going to be in what ranking though!

Man, the clippers are playing such good ball right now. Shai Gilgeous-Alexander has been steady for them as well. Great draft choice for LA.

Watched the warrior's @ raps last night from the 2nd quarter on. Obviously the warrior's were missing curry and green, so they will be much better. I think there's lots of room for improment out of the raptors as well. I think the raps are a deeper team which could be the X factor over a series. I think after Kyle & Kawhi, Pascal is the most important player on the team this year.

Super exciting game, Durant is just unreal. One of, if not the best scorer the league has ever witnessed.

sexualbanana
01-03-2019, 06:29 PM
Kawhi returns to San Antonio tonight.

Boos? Cheers?

kJUMP
01-04-2019, 12:12 PM
unreal GSW/HOU game last night... great offence beats great defense everytime, and there ain't no one better than harden atm

didn't watch the spurs game but heard about all the boos for kawahi. good for demar to get the trip-doub

Manhattan
01-04-2019, 12:50 PM
Demar must be used to the sports headline this morning - Demar plays great, Raptors lose.

The KD out of bounds save was ridiculous. Childrens league refs would make the right call.

max_boost
01-14-2019, 12:26 PM
Harden 1/17 from 3 and still gets 30 pts lol

brucebanner
01-14-2019, 09:01 PM
Still waiting for the Raptors to fully click, hopefully by playoffs it happens. May have to pickup another shooter if Miles doesn't rediscover what he gets paid to do. All said, they're still #1 team in the league in the standings but need to get better as they can.

Loving watching Luka this year, kid is a stud. Mavs totally could of won the game yesterday against the warriors. I bet the hawks are kicking themselves for that trade. Young will get better but I don't think his career will come close to Luka's, as long as they both stay healthy.

Lakers need Bron to get back ASAP to keep a playoff spot. The west is crazy close this year!

Harden is completely balling out of his mind the last few weeks, so much fun to watch.

Everyone's mid season award winners?
MVP - Harden (Giannis a very close 2nd)
DPOY - Miles Turner (Paul George)
Coach of the year - Budenholzer or Nick Nurse (I'm biased and think Nurse)
6th Man - Sabonis (I'm sure Lou Williams will make a good run once again)
ROY - Luka hands down even though Ayton is having a good year
Most Improved - Pascal Siakam

colinxx235
01-15-2019, 10:04 AM
Funny how much it has changed in the last 3-4 weeks. Cause 4 weeks ago Harden wasn't even in the top 5 for MVP voting.

MVP - Giannis (Harden)
DPOY - Toss up between Turner/Gobert
Coach - Budenholzer (Malone) - I can't give any consideration to Nurse because he over took a team 1st in the East who gained a top 3 player in the NBA. Anything shy of top 2 in the East would be viewed as a failure
6th Man - D. Rose (Sabonis/I Think Kuzma could sneak in)
ROY - Luka, pending no injury he pretty much already has this locked up
MI - Rose might win this too. Siakam sitting there

brucebanner
01-15-2019, 08:19 PM
Funny how much it has changed in the last 3-4 weeks. Cause 4 weeks ago Harden wasn't even in the top 5 for MVP voting.

MVP - Giannis (Harden)
Coach - Budenholzer (Malone) - I can't give any consideration to Nurse because he over took a team 1st in the East who gained a top 3 player in the NBA. Anything shy of top 2 in the East would be viewed as a failure

I agree with what you're saying about Nurse and like I said, I'm biased since they're my favorite team. He's doing things much differently though (so many starting lineups etc.), he'll remain a top candidate I think. Also, Pop could sneak in and take the award too, what he's doing with the Spurs this year has been great.

I see the argument for Rose for MI since no one would give the guy a chance anymore besides Thibs but I really hope Pascal get it.

colinxx235
01-16-2019, 10:35 AM
Yah I was a bulls fan from a little kid up until they traded Butler. Loved watching Rose at Memphis and when bulls pulled that 1st pick I lost my shit. Only jersey I own, my favorite player and felt so bad for his absolutely insane list of injuries. So I'm just so happy he is sustaining some play time and also doing a sick job. If he keeps winning games and stealing the show every bit with some monster performances I can easily see him taking 6th man + MI. Go from a couple minutes a game and ~2-5 points to his numbers is a huge leap. Hopefully next year he finally gets courted for some teams and a decent contract instead of vet min.

As a Canadian I root for Toronto right now, I haven't formally picked a team to now cheer for. It was going to be Kawhi and the spurs because I love him. I don't think he is staying in TO either. Otherwise it is going to be wherever Butler stays because that guy is my other favorite player. I loved the shade he threw last night after the Wolves got just smashed. Embiid too, guy is the best troll in the NBA.

But yah, much as I enjoy the Raptors I can't fanboy a coach who was given that situation to win, but who knows. That and honestly depending where Spurs finish, shit to do you ever have to give a nod to Pop. Loses a top 3 player, loses a great vet like Green, Parker/Ginobli move on. Yet still 25-20 in the west... damn

max_boost
01-16-2019, 12:23 PM
the Warriors proved why they are the Warriors

ain't no team beating that shooting lol

Boogie back soon! :eek:

sexualbanana
01-16-2019, 10:18 PM

MVP - Giannis (Harden)

My only concern would be giving 6th man to a guy on a team who fired their head coach part way through the season. I don't think any of the awards have ever been given to a player whose team had a mid-season coaching change.

brucebanner
01-16-2019, 11:40 PM
Yah I was a bulls fan from a little kid up until they traded Butler. Loved watching Rose at Memphis and when bulls pulled that 1st pick I lost my shit. Only jersey I own, my favorite player and felt so bad for his absolutely insane list of injuries. So I'm just so happy he is sustaining some play time and also doing a sick job. If he keeps winning games and stealing the show every bit with some monster performances I can easily see him taking 6th man + MI. Go from a couple minutes a game and ~2-5 points to his numbers is a huge leap. Hopefully next year he finally gets courted for some teams and a decent contract instead of vet min.

As a Canadian I root for Toronto right now, I haven't formally picked a team to now cheer for. It was going to be Kawhi and the spurs because I love him. I don't think he is staying in TO either. Otherwise it is going to be wherever Butler stays because that guy is my other favorite player. I loved the shade he threw last night after the Wolves got just smashed. Embiid too, guy is the best troll in the NBA.

But yah, much as I enjoy the Raptors I can't fanboy a coach who was given that situation to win, but who knows. That and honestly depending where Spurs finish, shit to do you ever have to give a nod to Pop. Loses a top 3 player, loses a great vet like Green, Parker/Ginobli move on. Yet still 25-20 in the west... damn

Rose isn't playing better than he ever has in his career though, ROY & MVP. I understand his career got derailed because of injuries and I'm happy to see him play at a high level again, I was guilty of writing him off as well, so it's good to know I was wrong.

Raptors fan through and through, Vince is my favorite player ever to this day. That said, I just thoroughly enjoy the NBA. I'm big Lebron fan and a bandwagon fan of where ever he plays, I think he's that good. I really like all the young guys that recently come into the league, future looks bright. Big Luka fan, watched some of his career last year and really following him/Mavs this year.

I just can't get enough of the NBA! Actually getting to catch the Grizzles and Raptors Saturday, just have to see what the best tickets are that I can get my hands on for a reasonable price. :D

the Warriors proved why they are the Warriors

ain't no team beating that shooting lol

Boogie back soon! :eek:

I watched that game wire to wire, they played un-fucking-real last night. Going to be really scary if Boogie can stay healthy playing that fast. The Pels were playing fast last year when he went down.
Also, Steph Curry is the best shooter EVER. Watching him go off on the Pelicans right now.

colinxx235
01-17-2019, 10:14 AM
Yah I know he's not playing at the peak of his career, because prior to his injury he was an MVP force. Was very sad to watch how many brutal injuries he suffered. So I don't know if the criteria for MI judges you against that or if its like hey this guy was pretty much tossed out of the league and written off by everyone except Thibs. Now he's putting up steady points/minutes and won some huge games for his team. We will wait and see.

The warriors make me sick, I really want that team to collapse in the offseason. KD/Klay/Boogie all leave elsewhere. If KD ever wants to think of himself as an all time great he needs to go to another team and win a ship by carrying it. Not hopping onto the #1 team like he did.

jabjab
01-17-2019, 11:18 AM
Yah I know he's not playing at the peak of his career, because prior to his injury he was an MVP force. Was very sad to watch how many brutal injuries he suffered. So I don't know if the criteria for MI judges you against that or if its like hey this guy was pretty much tossed out of the league and written off by everyone except Thibs. Now he's putting up steady points/minutes and won some huge games for his team. We will wait and see.

The warriors make me sick, I really want that team to collapse in the offseason. KD/Klay/Boogie all leave elsewhere. If KD ever wants to think of himself as an all time great he needs to go to another team and win a ship by carrying it. Not hopping onto the #1 team like he did.

IF Boogie can get back to form he will def leave as he will get a higher paying contract. A big like that usually will not be the same player but regardless he will use this season to show he is worth more money and leave. KD will leave as well.

max_boost
01-17-2019, 12:10 PM
How you guys feel about Kyrie's comments about the young Celts, reaching out to Bron, apologizing etc? I respect that man, respect that a lot. He was excellent vs the Raps.

jabjab
01-17-2019, 01:08 PM
How you guys feel about Kyrie's comments about the young Celts, reaching out to Bron, apologizing etc? I respect that man, respect that a lot. He was excellent vs the Raps.

I like that he called them out but he should have not done it in public, perhaps kept it in the locker room. As for him reaching out to Lebron it shows his maturity level now and that is great that he is evolving into a leader. Kyrie to the Lakers?! haha

sexualbanana
01-18-2019, 08:45 PM

I like that he called them out but he should have not done it in public, perhaps kept it in the locker room. As for him reaching out to Lebron it shows his maturity level now and that is great that he is evolving into a leader. Kyrie to the Lakers?! haha

Personally, I don't like it. He's turning into a Lebron-style leader where he constantly refers to himself as the leader. Like Chuck said, at some point you have to stop calling yourself the leader and just be one.

brucebanner
01-29-2019, 02:39 PM
Sooooooooooooo

Who's getting AD!? Before the deadline or in the summer?

He's stated he's only resigning with the Lakers but I mean you get him for a full season.

Tons of rumors. Since I'm biased, I like the one about the raptors getting in the mix. AD & Leonard? Sign me up, even if it's for rest of this season. :clap:

jabjab
01-29-2019, 03:08 PM
I hope AD goes to the Lakers ( I'm a Lakers fan). I think they become instant contenders but should not give up too much cause he wants to go there no matter what. I'd be ok with Ingram, Lonzo and Zubic

max_boost
01-29-2019, 09:36 PM
Kyrie joins the Lake show. That's a gangster big 3 :eek:

Manhattan
01-30-2019, 01:17 AM
Ingram, Lonzo and Zubic

It would be another swindle job by LA. All 3 of those guys are just average role players. Ingram & Lonzo in particular have been major disappointments. Ingram is not KD, he's more of a poor man's Tayshaun Prince. Kuzma is the best of their young core and he's still nowhere near untouchable.

colinxx235
01-30-2019, 07:33 AM
Yah unfortunately the value on Ingram has dropped heavily this year. They should have tried to trade him back for PG when they had the chance.

You want AD, I bet the trade will be around what Nick Wright discussed on the show. Lonzo, Ingram, Kuz, Zub, Stephenson, 2 x 1st rounders - 0 protection. If they got him for Ingram/Ball/Zub that would be probably the biggest fleece job in the history of the NBA.

jabjab
01-30-2019, 08:55 AM
AD has gone on record saying he won't resign with any other team but the Lakers, so I don't see other teams taking a gamble on throwing a better package than the Lakers and running the risk of him just walking unless you're a team like the Raptors and want to win now and bring home a ring

colinxx235
01-30-2019, 09:19 AM
PG also said he was going to the Lakers. Kawhi said he wouldn't suit up for other teams. Etc etc.

Toronto could make a good trade and go all in for this season if they want. Granted I'm still so hesitant because Warriors with Boogie now too is just stupid. Depending what TO gave up they could definitely compete with AD.

But if they don't trade AD before the deadline, you sure you want to wait until summer when Boston and others put the hat in the ring?

Guaranteed NO gets a better off than Ball/Ingram/Zub for AD, even with only 1.5 years guaranteed of him playing. Guy is a special talent.

Manhattan
01-30-2019, 09:37 AM
AD will command too much for TO to mortgage their future on a season and a half. Imagine if Kawhi leaves next year and AD the year after. All they've built up will be gone in a flash and they'll be bottom feeders for another decade.

Both NO and Memphis will likely be looking to relocate soon. Would be interesting to see if one of them lands in Van again. Seattle rightfully has the best odds of landing a team followed by OC, Vancouver, and Vegas.

brucebanner
01-31-2019, 04:30 PM
It'll be interesting to see if anything happens before the deadline with AD.

Big news with the Mavs & Knicks!

The New York Knicks have agreed to trade Kristaps Porzingis to the Dallas Mavericks in exchange for Dennis Smith Jr., DeAndre Jordan, and Wesley Matthews, sources told the New York Times' Marc Stein.

The Mavericks will also receive Tim Hardaway Jr., Courtney Lee, and Trey Burke in the deal, and will send two future first-round picks to New York, sources told The Athletic's Shams Charania.

Porzingis healthy and Luka? New Dirk and Nash!

max_boost
01-31-2019, 05:02 PM
Shit man. That be exciting as hell for the Mavs!

And then Kyrie joins Bron and AD in LA next year :D haha

sexualbanana
01-31-2019, 09:31 PM
AD will command too much for TO to mortgage their future on a season and a half. Imagine if Kawhi leaves next year and AD the year after. All they've built up will be gone in a flash and they'll be bottom feeders for another decade.

They were already rebuilding if Kawhi doesn't re-sign with the expirings they have after 2020. Even before trading for Kawhi, the rebuild plan would've been scheduled for 2021 when Demar's contract expires.

Trading for Kawhi was an all-in move that was either going to get them a chip or speed up the rebuilding process they were already going to go on by a year.

Both NO and Memphis will likely be looking to relocate soon. Would be interesting to see if one of them lands in Van again. Seattle rightfully has the best odds of landing a team followed by OC, Vancouver, and Vegas.

That's a lot of western cities. I don't think Memphis is going anywhere. Their lease is up after 2021, but they still have a termination fee with the city that makes relocation extraordinarily cost prohibitive (starting at $63M) until 2027.

All that said, I would offer a package of Serge-OG-Pascal-and a protected 1st-rounder for a shot at AD. I firmly believe this is a sell-high opportunity on Serge, but the trade is contingent on whether the Raptors are ready to pull the game restrictions on Kawhi because of the amount of depth they'd be giving up. Trading away the depth while Kawhi is still sitting on back-to-backs and every 4th or 5th game is a recipe for regular season disaster.

colinxx235
02-04-2019, 04:11 PM
https://www.tsn.ca/report-davis-willing-to-sign-with-four-teams-1.1252051

well Imma just leave this here :devil: cause he never went on record saying anything about just the Lakers. And Pelicans have already balked at the initial offers by the Lakers. Sounds like they have already stepped up to 4-5 players + multiple draft picks haha

max_boost
02-06-2019, 12:35 AM
So savage the Pacers fans haha

"Lebron is gonna trade you" lol Ingram haha

sexualbanana
02-06-2019, 08:22 PM
https://www.tsn.ca/report-davis-willing-to-sign-with-four-teams-1.1252051

well Imma just leave this here :devil: cause he never went on record saying anything about just the Lakers. And Pelicans have already balked at the initial offers by the Lakers. Sounds like they have already stepped up to 4-5 players + multiple draft picks haha

Thing is, no one can really put together a package that gives the Pelicans a chance in the future. Basically every team that he wants to go to can only offer late 1st-rounders, which usually don't work out well.

I don't think the Bucks can make any kind of reasonable offer that doesn't gut their chances of winning this year.

So savage the Pacers fans haha

"Lebron is gonna trade you" lol Ingram haha

KD isn't wrong when he says that Lebron's presence on a team is toxic. Any team he plays on is going to be a championship contender, but the pressure that puts on a team that's ill-equipped (like the Lakers are right now), it's going to have a negative effect on team chemistry. It can't be easy being on the Lakers right now knowing that there are 13 other guys on the trading block.

colinxx235
02-07-2019, 07:30 AM
Yah, the pelicans are in a tough situation. They want an elite player in return, but what team is giving up an elite player for 1 1/3 years of service with no guarantee? Right now I would feel is the lakers highest offer, because they get 2 playoffs out of him. And from what everyone saw the other night, the team is clearly pissed. I can't blame them.

I feel like the celtics are toying with Pelicans to screw the lakers, and I believe other teams are too. It is pretty funny.

I'm definitely in the Lebron hater category, funny enough I thought him signing with the lakers was a bad move for the franchise. Because his me me me attitude shows and I don't think most of the top 20 wants to play with him. I'd be curious if in another world PG signed with the Lakers if Lebron wasn't there. I also don't see Butler, Kawhi and quite a few others going to Lakers because of him this offseason. Kyrie might because he's probably realized he alone can't carry a franchise to a ship. AD has same agent and are buddies but he's got 1 year to wait if FA. Klay might because of his family roots.

I hope that all the big names band up in Clip city or NY. Too bad Miami has so many shit contracts because with the taxes they are always a hot spot.

sexualbanana
02-08-2019, 08:00 PM
I really like JV, so it's a tough trade to take. But Gasol is a major upgrade in a lot of areas.

brucebanner
02-08-2019, 08:20 PM
I really like JV as well. I have no doubt that Gasol is the more talented player and raises the Raps floor but all the numbers suggest sticking with JV would of been okay too. JV has better defensive numbers this year and their counting stats are not that different.

Gasol adds more versatility on offense, Toronto has never had a talented big that can operate out of the post/elbows like Gasol. Bosh wasn't that guy and when Toronto had Hakeem, he was way past his prime haha.

I'm interested who the Raps chase in the buyout market since they still have a few roster spots open.

sexualbanana
03-01-2019, 07:42 PM
Oh man. What an arms race in the East between the Raptors and Bucks.

brucebanner
03-02-2019, 11:23 AM
Bucks have been killing it all year. It'll be interesting to see if anything changes in the playoffs.

Boston is not playing to their roster on paper.

I still like the raps coming out of the east. Going to be a tough road though.

max_boost
04-16-2019, 12:28 AM
Warriors blowing 31pt lead lol :nut:

brucebanner
04-25-2019, 03:14 AM
Dame with a huge game and bigger shot to put out okc last night.

Houston closes out the jazz, capella in the post game saying he wants the warrior's next and CP3 shaking his head :rofl:

Clippers came out big tonight, see what they can bring on Friday.

Nuggets could close the Spurs tonight, see how that goes.

Can't wait for the raptors and 76ers to start Saturday. Both teams looking good.

Bucks destroyed the pistons, with Boston waiting and finally clicking. Really looking forward to the series starting as well.

Playoffs have not dissapointed at all.

brucebanner
04-28-2019, 01:32 PM
Raps dominant in game one, hoping that trend continues.

Boston just took care of business in Milwaukee. Shut down the paint and played good team defense to shut down the bucks offense.

Warriors(Steph and Klay w/ ankle issues) are banged up to start today's game against Houston. Will be interesting to see how this game goes.

kJUMP
04-28-2019, 06:11 PM
f*ck the rockets. harden and CP3 are flop actors, so annoying. also the refs aren't going to call a foul on every 3pt shot when you jump into the defender.

https://imgur.com/a/duij4hK

max_boost
05-06-2019, 10:56 AM
Kawhi:love:

brucebanner
05-06-2019, 11:18 AM
Kawhi:love:
Best player in the east in the playoffs.

Durant best in the west in the playoffs.

brucebanner
05-07-2019, 08:44 PM
How about those Raptors! :clap::clap::clap::clap:

max_boost
05-07-2019, 09:11 PM
Indeed! Joel looks lost out there and Simmons not doing very much either but so much can change game to game. I think it’s gonna go 7.

brucebanner
05-07-2019, 09:16 PM
The fanboy says they're going to close it out in Philly but we'll see.

Klo finally had a complete game. If they play 80% this good on Thursday, they'll close the series out:D

taemo
05-09-2019, 09:41 AM
A little disappointed about the Celtics but the Bucks are the better team.
Cheering for the Raptors too but I think Bucks will win the East.

Hoping for a miracle from the Rockets but I wouldn't be surprised if Warriors wins the West.

brucebanner
05-09-2019, 11:23 AM
Celtics just haven't been what they were supposed to be all year. On paper they're a nightmare team to face.

Bucks are playing so well and getting MB back is huge for them. I'm not sure how to stop that team but Toronto can beat them. Raps need to get through 76ers tonight, can't wait for the game.

Rockets fucked up last night by not taking that game with KD going out late in the 3rd. It'll be interesting to see how badly or not he's hurt. That'll play a huge storyline for the warrior's.

It'll be interesting to see if Joker and crew can close out Portland tonight. Joker has been a unreal these playoffs and for the last few years, definitely a guy that wasn't really known outside of Denver's market.

Playoff season is the best. :D

kJUMP
05-10-2019, 09:47 PM
F*CK the Rockets. What is their excuse now? Good riddance to those over-rated clowns.

max_boost
05-11-2019, 12:45 AM
Those daggers at the end by Steph to finish them. Go Warriors. I thought Klay was gonna pop off for 50 with Steph pointless first half.

kJUMP
05-11-2019, 01:24 PM
It was a team win man. The whole bench stepped up and played with intensity. They kept things afloat until Steph and Klay iced it at the end. I know there are a lot of Dubs haters but you can't discount a character gutsy win like that.

beecue
05-11-2019, 02:52 PM
Raps better not choke tomorrow!

max_boost
05-12-2019, 07:33 PM
Omg Kawhi

Revenge for 01. Fkn crazy that bounce. No words.

Go Raps!

J.M.
05-12-2019, 07:36 PM
Kawhi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

taemo
05-12-2019, 07:46 PM
crazy ending.. everyone was silent for the last shot then exploded after the ball bounced twice then go in!

cant wait for wednesday now