PDA

View Full Version : Mr Clean, Auto Dry

teggypimp95
03-27-2004, 05:01 PM
Today i bought a mr clean auto dry. It seriously works amazing, i dident touch my car with a towel and it looks like a just waxed it! only costed 30 bucks! very good investment, any questions or comments let me know!

NickGT
03-27-2004, 05:16 PM
Got any before/after pics by chance? Or at least something of the finished product?

teggypimp95
03-27-2004, 05:19 PM
Ya ill try to get some soon

vtec
03-27-2004, 05:49 PM
and where can you purchas this mr. clean auto dry?

Moe Man
03-27-2004, 06:05 PM
canadian tire, is your car black

vtec
03-27-2004, 07:05 PM
no its silver

JordanLotoski
03-27-2004, 08:04 PM
yeah i got one today at walmart for 28 bucks/......i have 2 black cars....i washed them this afternoon...sware it looks like i just had them detailed....best hand wash ive ever had

Kaos
03-27-2004, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by SIRCANADA
....best hand wash ive ever had

HHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

I bet it was the best, I'll have to try for myself :D

Toms-Celica
03-27-2004, 08:21 PM
I tired mine today. Some small things they left out is that for hard on stains and dirt you need a sponge or wash mit. Mine was able to dry by its self in some areas and not in others, going to have to give it another run I guess :dunno:

teggypimp95
03-28-2004, 03:27 PM
You forsure need to use a mit or something to scrub after u soap it, thats just a given, its no the drying part thats amazing, i used it on my red integra and my silver mdx and they both looked like i just waxed em

ramminghard
03-28-2004, 03:42 PM
Where is the cheapest place to get this?

ramminghard
03-28-2004, 06:11 PM
^^^^never mind, just piked one up. will post results soon.

ThE tV 8 mE
03-28-2004, 06:24 PM
yea..the stuff is great, I've used it 3 or 4 times now. The only catch, is that you have to get filter and soap refills.

The starter kit cost about $27 at walmart.
It comes with a small soap bottle and a filter which are good for about 3 -5 washes. The filters then cost about $8 and according to Mr. clean people are good for 10-15 washes. A big bottle of soap is about $7

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=39444&

yohan4ws
03-28-2004, 10:59 PM
Just curious here .. do you just grab the garden hose, fill up a bucket with the wash soap the ygive you .. and scrub away with a sponge?

then after your done rinse it off quickly set it to a nozzle setting andthe mr .clean takes all the water off?

i've just seen the commercials and it shows the water jetting off the car ... i supposed a terry cloth towel after to get rid of the couple drops after is needed?

teggypimp95
03-28-2004, 11:57 PM
good question, heres how its done, u connect ur garden hose, put in the filter, and fill it with the special soap, u then put it on rince and u spray down ur car, then u putit on soap, and u spray the soap on and u can all scrub it if u wish too, then put it on rince again removing all the soap. once the car is soup free, put it on spot free rince, and mist ur car, covering the whole thing, then put in the shade to dry. come back in a lil while, and it looks like u just waxed it!

yohan4ws
03-29-2004, 04:53 PM
And the results to towel dry right after to get the last of it .. same deal or?

teggypimp95
03-31-2004, 12:21 AM
no no just let it sit in the shade, thats all, no drying at all

legendboy
03-31-2004, 09:11 AM
wtf! i need to give this stuff a try!

ThE tV 8 mE
03-31-2004, 06:59 PM
k...so I've used the Mr Clean wash about 5 times or so. Does anyone else have a sort of white powder left over on their car? You can't see it when you look at it, but if you take your hand and gentaly wipe the car, you can see what I'm talking about (hopfully)

Also, I find my car feels VERY coarse in some areas. (Almost like sandpaper) Anyone else feel that? Or is that just a sign of the car requiring wax?

GrahamLegaspi
06-29-2004, 07:20 PM
Has anyone tried the mr clean auto dry for their cars?
I was thinking of buying it but I want to know if it's good or not from you guys.
Thanks.

JordanLotoski
06-29-2004, 07:21 PM
yeah man i have to black cars works great...do a search this topic has been talked about many times

EK 2.0
06-29-2004, 07:22 PM
it was discussed on beyond before...this is the link for the previous thread man...

Mr. Clean Thread (http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=40866)

SpoonEK9@STRD
06-29-2004, 09:13 PM
Read a real review of the product.. its cheap to buy... but really expensive to replace.

before you buy it, check out how much the refills are and how many washes you get out of each filter/soap

Seanith
06-29-2004, 11:20 PM
haha graham.. apparently it is great and worth the money, but you only get like 5 washes out of it then you need to get the refills..

Orbie
06-29-2004, 11:49 PM
Hate to extend this thread since one already exists, but I've used this a few times and in my experience it works alot better on lighter cars then darker ones. Simply because small areas that didn't get soaped as well etc. show up like crazy on a dark car. Also it is true what they say about the absence of water spots, however this only exists if you wash the whole car through the three stages properly. Say for example as the car is drying you realize that you've missed a spot or that soap didn't take off some dirt properly. You would basically have to redue the entire car with the regular rinse water then the ionized water in order to avoid water spots. If you just try and go over the one spot, where ever the water drops go outside that area and missed with the ionized water will form dreadful water spots. So make sure you do it right the first time! particularly the soap and rinse phases.

I also found it seems to leave a gritty layer on top of your paint after, not sure what that may be. However for all the cons, taking about 5-10mins to wash your car isn't too shabby since drying is automatic. For what the product is it is definitely worth the dough, I just prefer to wash my car with more care and detail.

EDIT: just checking the other thread looks like this guy found the same thing out about the car wash as me. And I've used it probably 3 times and each time it leaves this gritty layer. Even after a wax by the way.

Originally posted by ThE tV 8 mE
k...so I've used the Mr Clean wash about 5 times or so. Does anyone else have a sort of white powder left over on their car? You can't see it when you look at it, but if you take your hand and gentaly wipe the car, you can see what I'm talking about (hopfully)

Also, I find my car feels VERY coarse in some areas. (Almost like sandpaper) Anyone else feel that? Or is that just a sign of the car requiring wax?

sexualbanana
06-30-2004, 02:41 AM
I think that grime you're talking about is just road grime. It's there on all cars. The only real way to take it off is with the foam brush (which shouldn't touch your car if it's a black car), if you use a foam mitt to wash your care (which is recommended) or if you towel dry your car after it's finished (which the auto dry stuff eliminates).

Gonthro
06-30-2004, 07:52 AM
why would i spend $30 for 3-5 washes when i can go to a wand wash place and get like 7-8 washes out of $30??

eb0i
06-30-2004, 08:35 AM
Originally posted by GrahamLegaspi
Has anyone tried the mr clean auto dry for their cars?
I was thinking of buying it but I want to know if it's good or not from you guys.
Thanks.

I don't have the mr. clean thing but when I used to take the car wash on heritage and put it on "spot free rinse" I noticed that I was getting this white build up on the paint (after a few washes) in the nook and crannies of the car. It reminded me of a wax build up. I stopped using that spot free rinse after finding all that and now its all gone. It must be something in the spot free rinse that leaves a residue.

KoukiS14
06-30-2004, 11:09 PM
Originally posted by eb0i

I don't have the mr. clean thing but when I used to take the car wash on heritage and put it on "spot free rinse" I noticed that I was getting this white build up on the paint (after a few washes) in the nook and crannies of the car. It reminded me of a wax build up. I stopped using that spot free rinse after finding all that and now its all gone. It must be something in the spot free rinse that leaves a residue.

Thats funny man, how can clean water leave a residue?? :dunno: Im pretty sure Spot free rinse is just soft water.

I have this product also and i have no complaints

ACS-e36
06-30-2004, 11:23 PM
whats this gritty stuff it leaves behind?

sl888
07-01-2004, 12:15 AM
do you just wash your cars on the streets???
i heard from my cousin that if you wash your car on the streets you can be fined for it cause it contaminates the water system with the soap or whatever you use?
is that true or was he just bsing me????

Orbie
07-01-2004, 01:23 AM
Originally posted by sexualbanana
I think that grime you're talking about is just road grime. It's there on all cars. The only real way to take it off is with the foam brush (which shouldn't touch your car if it's a black car), if you use a foam mitt to wash your care (which is recommended) or if you towel dry your car after it's finished (which the auto dry stuff eliminates).

It's not really a grime, more like dust that seems to attract itself to the car when it is "auto drying". So if water spots are left you get those hard to wipe off white spots everywhere. But since no water spots are left due to the ionized water, it just seems to distribute itself along the surface of the car. If you run your finger lightly over the surface of the car afterwards it appears kind of gritty and you can see the layer on your finger.

I think your right about the towel dry though, I've since washed my car by hand using a cloth dry several times and the car is MUCH smoother with no residue. It also remains this way for a longer time. Not sure about the foam mitts though, I wash with the Auto dry soap using a sponge pretty well and the surface is smooth before the car "auto dries", so my theory is that the water sitting out drying on your car attracts dust/pollen in the air and is left on your car.

Vtecpower
07-09-2004, 01:34 AM
Originally posted by sl888
do you just wash your cars on the streets???
i heard from my cousin that if you wash your car on the streets you can be fined for it cause it contaminates the water system with the soap or whatever you use?
is that true or was he just bsing me????
your cousin is right you can get a fine because they dont want any soap going into our sewer systems so if ur washing ur car on the streets make sure u keep a look out