PDA

View Full Version : Rediscovering something old (Pink Floyd)

speedog
10-06-2018, 08:35 PM
Not sure how or why but rediscovered something old that was a favourite listen of mine decades ago, Pink Floyd. So many great songs, so many great albums, have 90 minutes queued up and playing as I'm posting this. Even heard Comfortably Numb on Q107 today and my 20 year old daughter didn't even switch stations away from it. Just good stuff.

CompletelyNumb
10-06-2018, 09:32 PM
Fuck yeah. Amazing music.

Twin_Cam_Turbo
10-06-2018, 09:49 PM
Dark Side of the Moon is my favourite album.

NissanFanBoy
10-07-2018, 10:10 AM
Just looked up a few songs, they sound weird, sorry haha how bout the Smashing Pumpkins or NIN, now that's what I call classic rock :D Greenday, Nirvana... Stuff like that.

Darkane
10-07-2018, 02:39 PM
Just looked up a few songs, they sound weird, sorry haha how bout the Smashing Pumpkins or NIN, now that's what I call classic rock :D Greenday, Nirvana... Stuff like that.

Are you playing or real?

That has its own genre, called grunge and alternative.

Classic rock is 70’s. Retro and glam is 80s.

I’m also re-rediscovering some old stuff. Black Sabbath, some good dark music.

legendboy
10-07-2018, 09:56 PM
Listened to Dark Side at work a few weeks ago, was nice

bleu
10-07-2018, 10:17 PM
I’m listening to a lot of old music as well. The new music these days is awful. I must be getting older because I don’t even know who tf most of these newer artists are. I hear them from time to time on the radio and cringe. The lyrics sound like they were written by a 10 year old. Thank gawd for Apple Music.

speedog
10-07-2018, 10:42 PM
Some Warren Zevon and Sweet on Q107 tonight, more good stuff. I listen to Z98.9 when I'm north of the city and wish we had a station like that here but it seems Q107 is changing their format a bit to include more 'oldies'.

D'z Nutz
10-08-2018, 09:47 AM
What's just as exciting as rediscovering old stuff is discovering stuff recorded around the time of those classic favourites but you never knew existed. I'm constantly coming across B-sides, songs with alternate lyrics or musical arrangements, previously unreleased tracks, songs that were released but on a different country's version of the LP, and live recordings of old albums I used to listen to.

Youtube and Spotify make finding these so much easier.

legendboy
10-08-2018, 09:49 AM
What's just as exciting as rediscovering old stuff is discovering stuff recorded around the time of those classic favourites but you never knew existed. I'm constantly coming across B-sides, songs with alternate lyrics or musical arrangements, previously unreleased tracks, songs that were released but on a different country's version of the LP, and live recordings of old albums I used to listen to.

Youtube and Spotify make finding these so much easier.

This is mostly how I discover new to me music. Love bootlegs.