PDA

View Full Version : For Sale Tannoy XT8F Floorstanding Speaker - $1750

Super_Geo
10-07-2018, 09:05 PM
Asking $1750.

Very well reviewed hifi speakers for sale, ideal for anyone looking to build a 2.0 setup or 2.1 setup. Speakers are 3 years old and in perfect condition.

WhatHifi Review (https://www.whathifi.com/tannoy/revolution-xt8f/review)
Given a suitably talented system and a large enough room, few rivals can match the XT8F’s combination of muscle and subtlety. Most of all they make listening to music fun and that, more than anything else, is the reason why we’re happy to recommend them wholeheartedly.

The Absolute Sound (http://www.theabsolutesound.com/articles/tannoy-revolution-xt-8f-loudspeaker/)
The Tannoy Revolution XT 8F was Robert Harley’s top discovery at the 2015 Consumer Electronics Show. His first impression was as follows: “After listening to it and looking at the real wood enclosure, I guessed the price at $7000 to $10,000. The Revolution XT’s price was then revealed to be just $2600USD per pair.” After living with the 8F happily for several months, I was ready to declare it a sensational entry-level loudspeaker. But I see that I need to slightly amend that statement—the only thing entry-level about it is the price. The real wood veneers and level of finish don’t suggest an entry-level product, and sonically it performs to a much higher standard. I’m in total agreement with Robert’s assessment: The Tannoy packs a virtuoso midrange that is competitive with speakers approaching $10k retail. I’m in no rush to displace the XT 8F from my listening room. And that’s high praise from someone who is in possession of much more expensive speakers. So do yourself a favor and give the Tannoy a listen—you’ll be glad you did.

MSRP is around 3000 these days, will check w/ the local speaker stores on Tuesday and update.

Super_Geo
10-17-2018, 01:27 PM
Bump. They’re being offered for $3300 new at The Audio Room.

ganesh
10-17-2018, 01:34 PM
NVM. I see that you have already posted in Canuckaudio

Super_Geo
10-31-2018, 07:08 PM
Bump. Slightly flexible on price (would rather just keep them at a certain point), so will sell to a Beyonder for 1650.