PDA

View Full Version : Dry Hands?

nzwasp
10-12-2018, 05:33 PM
What do you guys do about your dry hands in winter? since about start of September Ive had nothing but constant dryness on my right (dominant) hand, my left hand seems to stay somewhat supple. Wife always complains that im touching her with these rough hands and tells me to moisturize, well ive been moisturizing multiple times a day and no improvement.

I notice that dirt seems to collect in the dry cracks in my fingers, I scrub and wash with that sugar soap that mechanical places use but to no avail.

So then I researched on line and found some people have had help with this bag balm stuff. Well that sounded great but was only avaliable from pet or horse stores, I bought some the other day and immediately tried it out however it stinks like cows for some reason. I read the description its used to moisturize cow teets. I mean it somewhat works other than the smell.

(hoping people wont judge me based on my recent post history)

ExtraSlow
10-12-2018, 05:58 PM
https://youtu.be/sXoxb9rYqpM

On a more serious note, don't fuck around, go straight to Vaseline.

Buster
10-12-2018, 06:11 PM
you bastard. i came here to post that.

ExtraSlow
10-12-2018, 06:17 PM
you bastard. i came here to post that.

:love:

nismodrifter
10-12-2018, 06:18 PM
1. Apply vaseline to hands
2. Put on cheap cotton gloves over vaseline coated hands.
3. Wear gloves over vaseline coated hands overnight
4. ??
5. Get money, power, the women.

Dermatologist will suggest this. I suggest this. It works.

J.M.
10-12-2018, 06:20 PM
+4 for vaseline

stillworking
10-12-2018, 06:51 PM
Working Hands in the green jar works remarkably well, and it's not greasy.
It's sold everywhere now.
Check the reviews.
EDIT: https://www.allure.com/story/okeeffes-working-hands-hand-cream-amazon

suntan
10-12-2018, 07:27 PM
Use Cerave.

dirtsniffer
10-12-2018, 08:22 PM
Georges

max_boost
10-12-2018, 08:47 PM
haha yes fkn Bernie Mac the fkn man!

Everything is dry here. Humid climates so good for the skin.

I use St.Ives

Asian_defender
10-12-2018, 09:32 PM
+1 for cerave

revelations
10-12-2018, 10:34 PM
Yep, I used to work in the bush and I would get cracked knuckles to the point of bleeding (from wearing gloves all day long). What helped:

- drink a lot more water in the winter (much more than you normally would, it does mean peeing at night though)
- humidify your bedroom at night; we have a furnace humidifier that helps a bit but the cool mist room humidifer really helps bring the levels up
- moisturize hands in the morning or after shower

bball2
10-13-2018, 10:39 AM
I do a lot of deadlifts which builds calluses that I don't mind but also rips off a new layer of skin on my finger tips which gets really annoying real fast.

The vaseline thing works but if you want something even stronger use 100% pure lanoline, it's a bit more expensive (about $20 for 7 oz on amazon), but works a lot better than vaseline. It's primary use use for pregnant women who have dried nipples or if you have really bad cracked lips.

nzwasp
10-13-2018, 02:10 PM
I think lanolin is what this bag balm stuff is

EK 2.0
10-13-2018, 02:11 PM
O'Keefes Working Hands...

and lotion all day long....haha....

Darkane
10-13-2018, 03:38 PM
lotion all day long....haha....

Lol

Mitsu3000gt
10-15-2018, 09:12 AM
My hands get really dry every winter and this is the best stuff I have found. My GF is a nurse (washes her hands like 100 times a day so they are unbelievably dry with cracks) and it's the only thing that works for her too. Huge bonus - it's not at all greasy, which I would hate:

https://www.okeeffescompany.com/sites/default/files/WorkingHands.png

Strider
10-15-2018, 10:13 AM
My hands get really dry every winter and this is the best stuff I have found. My GF is a nurse (washes her hands like 100 times a day so they are unbelievably dry with cracks) and it's the only thing that works for her too. Huge bonus - it's not at all greasy, which I would hate:

O'Keefes isn't greasy, but it has a weird tacky feel that I can't stand, so I only use it if my hands have gotten so bad they've cracked.

For everyday use, I haven't found anything I like better than this
https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/71QGXoUZH3L._SX342_.jpg