PDA

View Full Version : Fridge Icing up underneath the crisper drawer?

nzwasp
10-16-2018, 09:32 AM

Anyone have any of these french door fridges and experience this problem, where a sheet of ice will form under this highlighted drawer? ours is a samsung and its been happening for a week now. Its also just out of warranty too.

revelations
10-16-2018, 10:09 AM
Your fridge should not really be colder than 0c - thats probably one issue.

The other could be a blocked drain hole. We had the exact same issue but in the FREEZER on the bottom.

benyl
10-16-2018, 10:27 AM
The other could be a blocked drain hole. We had the exact same issue but in the FREEZER on the bottom.

Yup, had the same problem with mine.

streetdreams
10-16-2018, 02:45 PM
Yup, had the same problem with mine.

Agreed this just happened to our Samsung, unplug let the cooling element unthaw.. not a quick process. takeoff the rear panel inside the fridge ensure it is dry and adjust the little wire that goes into the drip/drain. I could not get water to drain through mine even when it was boiling hot. I found the best tool for the job that fixed it was a turkey baster filed with hit water. Lots of video on YouTube for this fix.

Take lots of time if you rush you can break the plastic.

Tik-Tok
10-16-2018, 03:06 PM
As I keep telling my wife, that's not a god damned vegetable crisper, IT'S A FUCKING BEER DRAWER. The two drawers above it are cripsers. It even says right in my manual that the bottom one can ice up, and to not put lettuce or the like in it. I had to highlight it and tape it to the damn drawer.

you&me
10-16-2018, 03:19 PM
+1 on the blocked drain hole. Just had it repaired last week.

Ours wasn't freezing, but did f with the humidity levels and caused a lot of our produce to spoil.

Maxx Mazda
10-16-2018, 08:58 PM
Agreed this just happened to our Samsung, unplug let the cooling element unthaw..
Take lots of time if you rush you can break the plastic.

If you’re “unthawing” something, aren’t you just freezing it?

ExtraSlow
10-17-2018, 06:52 AM

Nice

The_Penguin
10-17-2018, 07:07 AM
+ 1 on the Beer Drawer, thought everyone knew that....

streetdreams
10-17-2018, 08:53 AM

true haha thanks

nzwasp
10-17-2018, 12:04 PM
Found a video on youtube explaining the fix:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_yfMXmNQgEg

Showed it to my coworker, basically said the same thing happens to him every 3 months. Looks like i need to purchase the longer drain probe to see if that will actually fix my problem.

nzwasp
10-18-2018, 03:44 PM
Fixed this today, took some effort and careful blow drying to prise the polystyrene off the frozen coils at the back.