PDA

View Full Version : Lexus of Edmonton Falsified Vehicle Inspection Report and Sold me a Lemon!

Pages : [1] 2

premiere84
10-17-2018, 01:07 PM
Upon numerous attempts to settle outside of court, I am forced to commence legal action against Herblens Motors Inc. dba Lexus of Edmonton.

Back in October of 2017, I was searching for a vehicle for my wife and had found exactly what she was looking for at Herblens Motors Inc. dba Lexus of Edmonton's dealership. They were located in Edmonton, but due to their positive reviews online, I felt comfortable purchasing the vehicle as the salesperson was very helpful and answered all of my questions. I was to receive a completely stock vehicle, with manual, two sets of keys, one set of BMW wheels with summer tires having “plenty” of tread remaining, and an aftermarket set of wheels with winter tires mounted on them. On November 6, 2017 I sent Herblens Motors Inc. dba Lexus of Edmonton a wire transfer in full for the purchase of a 2014 BMW M235i. On November 11, 2017, I received the delivery of the vehicle in Calgary and immediately noticed issues. There was a tire pressure monitor light on the dash, two summer tires were completely bald with the wear wire exposed and 6 of the wheels were badly curb rashed, (3 summer and 3 winter wheels). This was never mentioned to be prior to completing the sale. I immediately contact the salesperson regarding the issues and made an appointment at Calgary BMW to have the vehicle inspected. To my absolute astonishment, on November 20, 2017, Calgary BMW informed me that due to extensive aftermarket modifications to the vehicle, they would not be able to service it, and had in fact voided the warranty on the spot! Aside from that, they mentioned that the brakes needed to be replaced, which also came as a surprise as on the inspection report from Herblens Motors Inc. dba Lexus of Edmonton, the brakes were at 8mm. I again contacted Kyle Richards at Herblens Motors Inc. dba Lexus of Edmonton to make them aware of the situation, but my wife was in love with the car, so I was keen to work things through. On November 27, 2017 I took the vehicle to a 3rd party mechanic to diagnose the service light and it was found that the wheels did not even have Tire Pressure Monitor Sensors installed, and needed hub centric rings, as the current set up was simply unsafe. Lexus of Edmonton reimbursed me for the necessary repairs, and my wife was happy, even though they sold me a vehicle that was “safety inspected” and “reconditioned”, it was obvious that they falsified the inspection report and the vehicle did not even get inspected. Very disappointing!

Fast forward to October 2018 where we want to go to Calgary BMW to trade the same 2014 BMW M235i for an suv, and even though I thought that I had experienced all surprises with this vehicle, the dealership told me that due to the aftermarket radiator supports and bumpers, the vehicle is not road worthy and they would not be able to take it on trade. I was astonished! Again, I contacted Kyle Richard, the operations manager of Lexus of Edmonton and he refused to take any responsibility in the fact that they sold me a vehicle, on which only 4,000km was driven in the past 11 months, and I am simply unable to sell it!

Coles notes, Herblens Motors Inc dba Lexus of Edmonton sold me a lemon. Their inspection report stated that the vehicle was completely stock and was reconditioned and had one year of BMW factory warranty remaining. In fact, the vehicle that Lexus of Edmonton had sold me was not reconditioned, had any warranty and was not even road worthy due to the aftermarket modifications. After 3rd party inspections, the vehicle needed the below repairs…

1. Hubcentric rings on all 4 sides
2. TPMS on all 4 wheels
3. New brakes all around
4. 2 new rear tires

The following aftermarket modifications that were not disclosed to me also voided the BMW factory warranty, and make the vehicle not roadworthy.

1. Aftermarket exhaust
2. Aftermarket intake
3. Aftermarket ECU Tune
4. Aftermarket radiator support
5. Aftermarket bumpers

Receipts and reports can be provided to the media or those interested.

DO NOT TRUST ANYONE AT LEXUS OF EDMONTON AND TAKE YOUR BUSINESS TO ANY OTHER DEALERSHIP.

BavarianBeast
10-17-2018, 01:28 PM
:banghead::banghead:

ganesh
10-17-2018, 01:32 PM
So BMW Calgary voided the balance of the factory warranty and you still kept the vehicle?
One year later you went there to trade in the vehicle.

Something tells me that you are not painting the full picture here.

For the records they didn't sell you a lemon.

Skrilla
10-17-2018, 01:35 PM
how is it a lemon? Sounds like it runs fine from your post.

G-ZUS
10-17-2018, 01:36 PM
Did you even look at the car before you bought it?

bjstare
10-17-2018, 01:43 PM
Haha awesome.

killramos
10-17-2018, 01:48 PM
Did you even look at the car before you bought it?

This

Also if you actually intend on pursuing legal action do you really think airing your dirty laundry on the internet first was a good idea?

roopi
10-17-2018, 01:52 PM
Doesn't sound like a lemon. Sounds like a car without TPMS installed and some modifications.

I purchased a vehicle from them as well via text message/email about 1.5 years ago. Probably the easiest/best experience purchasing a vehicle. Would do business with them again. ** It was a new vehicle (I would never buy a used vehicle online and then have it shipped to me.)

ercchry
10-17-2018, 01:54 PM
Doesn't sound like a lemon. Sounds like a car without TPMS installed and some modifications.

i bet its only the winter setup that had the issues too

Jlude
10-17-2018, 01:54 PM
You bought a vehicle in Edmonton, while you were in Calgary and wired the full amount to them? Is the dealer likely shitty, yes. Are they to blame for this situation, no, you are. You obviously know enough to come on Beyond and post this thread, knowing how it has been advantageous in the past for others, but if you know that, you know well enough that "online reviews" don't mean shit and you don't buy something, especially a car, before inspecting it. And you had the car for a year!

As for the car being a "lemon", you shouldn't say that. It appears they lied to you about the condition of the car (based on your story) but news flash, go buy a $5000 car or a $500,000 car, it doesn't matter, good luck leaving the dealer without having been lied to about something.

G-ZUS
10-17-2018, 01:55 PM
Upon numerous attempts to settle outside of court, I am forced to commence legal action against Herblens Motors Inc. dba Lexus of Edmonton.

Back in October of 2017, I was searching for a vehicle for my wife and had found exactly what she was looking for at Herblens Motors Inc. dba Lexus of Edmonton's dealership. They were located in Edmonton, but due to their positive reviews online, I felt comfortable purchasing the vehicle as the salesperson was very helpful and answered all of my questions. I was to receive a completely stock vehicle, with manual, two sets of keys, one set of BMW wheels with summer tires having “plenty” of tread remaining, and an aftermarket set of wheels with winter tires mounted on them. On November 6, 2017 I sent Herblens Motors Inc. dba Lexus of Edmonton a wire transfer in full for the purchase of a 2014 BMW M235i. On November 11, 2017, I received the delivery of the vehicle in Calgary and immediately noticed issues. There was a tire pressure monitor light on the dash, two summer tires were completely bald with the wear wire exposed and 6 of the wheels were badly curb rashed, (3 summer and 3 winter wheels). This was never mentioned to be prior to completing the sale. I immediately contact the salesperson regarding the issues and made an appointment at Calgary BMW to have the vehicle inspected. To my absolute astonishment, on November 20, 2017, Calgary BMW informed me that due to extensive aftermarket modifications to the vehicle, they would not be able to service it, and had in fact voided the warranty on the spot! Aside from that, they mentioned that the brakes needed to be replaced, which also came as a surprise as on the inspection report from Herblens Motors Inc. dba Lexus of Edmonton, the brakes were at 8mm. I again contacted Kyle Richards at Herblens Motors Inc. dba Lexus of Edmonton to make them aware of the situation, but my wife was in love with the car, so I was keen to work things through. On November 27, 2017 I took the vehicle to a 3rd party mechanic to diagnose the service light and it was found that the wheels did not even have Tire Pressure Monitor Sensors installed, and needed hub centric rings, as the current set up was simply unsafe. Lexus of Edmonton reimbursed me for the necessary repairs, and my wife was happy, even though they sold me a vehicle that was “safety inspected” and “reconditioned”, it was obvious that they falsified the inspection report and the vehicle did not even get inspected. Very disappointing!

Fast forward to October 2018 where we want to go to Calgary BMW to trade the same 2014 BMW M235i for an suv, and even though I thought that I had experienced all surprises with this vehicle, the dealership told me that due to the aftermarket radiator supports and bumpers, the vehicle is not road worthy and they would not be able to take it on trade. I was astonished! Again, I contacted Kyle Richard, the operations manager of Lexus of Edmonton and he refused to take any responsibility in the fact that they sold me a vehicle, on which only 4,000km was driven in the past 11 months, and I am simply unable to sell it!

Coles notes, Herblens Motors Inc dba Lexus of Edmonton sold me a lemon. Their inspection report stated that the vehicle was completely stock and was reconditioned and had one year of BMW factory warranty remaining. In fact, the vehicle that Lexus of Edmonton had sold me was not reconditioned, had any warranty and was not even road worthy due to the aftermarket modifications. After 3rd party inspections, the vehicle needed the below repairs…

2. TPMS on all 4 wheels
3. New brakes all around
4. 2 new rear tires

The following aftermarket modifications that were not disclosed to me also voided the BMW factory warranty, and make the vehicle not roadworthy.

1. Aftermarket exhaust
2. Aftermarket intake
3. Aftermarket ECU Tune
5. Aftermarket bumpers

Receipts and reports can be provided to the media or those interested.

DO NOT TRUST ANYONE AT LEXUS OF EDMONTON AND TAKE YOUR BUSINESS TO ANY OTHER DEALERSHIP.

In case OP deletes

rx7boi
10-17-2018, 02:06 PM
Sorry that you're going through this but buyer's diligence could have been way better. Personally I hate that you can't trust dealers as far as you can throw them, which means that even though they'll boast about their inspection and re-conditioning process, their word is literally worthless and you have to do your own legwork. This includes bringing the car to your own trusted mechanic or just being a bit familiar with what you're buying.

FYI modifications don't make a vehicle non-road worthy. They're blowing smoke up your ass with that line. I don't know if they can straight up void your entire vehicle warranty, but they can certainly deny warranty claims based on modifications.

rage2
10-17-2018, 02:11 PM
Buried in that wall of text:

Lexus of Edmonton reimbursed me for the necessary repairs

Lexus of Edmonton paid for those repairs. He's claiming not roadworthy because BMW won't take it as a trade in because it's modded. :nut:

It seems like Lexus of Edmonton went above and beyond to keep you happy. Sell the car privately (get more money) and buy a new SUV. :dunno:

btw - Calgary BMW is notorious for treating customers like crap if they didn't buy from them, even worse if you have a US imported BMW.

ercchry
10-17-2018, 02:26 PM
can someone confirm if that BMW model even has TPMS in canada? i know mine it was only in the USA as it was mandated, but in canada it used the ABS sensors to tell you if a wheel was low. wouldnt that be a fun twist? if it was actually the third party shop that was taking him for a ride? :rofl:

never
10-17-2018, 02:31 PM
can someone confirm if that BMW model even has TPMS in canada? i know mine it was only in the USA as it was mandated, but in canada it used the ABS sensors to tell you if a wheel was low. wouldnt that be a fun twist? if it was actually the third party shop that was taking him for a ride? :rofl:

I was wondering about that too...I've only had older BMWs (two 2008s) and they don't use TPMS to monitor tire pressure...just wheel speed as you indicated.

Chester
10-17-2018, 02:33 PM
I don't feel sorry for you. At all.

"Vehicle needed below repairs:
2. TPMS on all 4 wheels
3. New brakes all around
4. 2 new rear tires"

These are wear items, that need to be replaced on all vehicles.

As for the other items, buyer beware aka look at the fucking car before buying it.

pheoxs
10-17-2018, 02:35 PM
Like most of these threads, you both fucked up.

Lexus of Edmonton:
1) Lied and sent you car that was misrepresented
2) Sent you car with clearly obvious issues

You:
1) Bought a car without even looking at it
2) Accepted to retain it even after finding significant amounts of inconsistencies
3) Accepted payment for issues

In terms of resolution:
- Lexus paid you for repairs, which you accepted. This clears them because you chose to keep the car and accept their payment for any issues. You don't get to go back a year later and cry again.

The car is road worthy, BMW just doesnt want it as a trade in. Sell it on kijiji and take it as a life lesson. For future reference, just because your wife likes the vehicle doesn't mean you shouldn't do your due diligence and deal with a problem when it comes up.

Welcome to life.

revelations
10-17-2018, 02:37 PM
LOL wtf .... this is where libel lawsuits come from.....dingis' (my opinion) like this one who go crying immediately to all forums and groups the second their delicate egos have been bruised by the realization of their own lack of due diligence.

ALso,

1. Aftermarket exhaust
2. Aftermarket intake
3. Aftermarket ECU Tune
5. Aftermarket bumpers

....would probably increase the value of the vehicle if the mods had been done correctly and with good taste.

Sell it on kijiji and stop whining. You will ALWAYS lose money if you try to sell to a dealer anyway at that price point.

ExtraSlow
10-17-2018, 02:38 PM

Lexus of Edmonton:

You:
2) Accepted to retain it even after finding significant amounts of inconsistencies

In terms of resolution:
- Lexus paid you for repairs, which you accepted. This clears them because you chose to keep the car and accept their payment for any issues. You don't get to go back a year later and cry again.

The car is road worthy, BMW just doesnt want it as a trade in. Sell it on kijiji and take it as a life lesson. For future reference, just because your wife likes the vehicle doesn't mean you shouldn't do your due diligence and deal with a problem when it comes up.

Welcome to life.

Clearest and fairest summary.

Hallowed_point
10-17-2018, 02:39 PM
I dunno, kind of par for the course for dealers to lie or embellish things on used cars. Particularly if it's not even their make at a dealer. Some of that stuff is easily missed on a visual inspection but how did you miss things like exhaust, intake and aftermarket bumpers? I'm sure you can still sell it privately without an issue. A lot of times there is so much turnover that the dealership is going to miss a lot of stuff. I had a few issues with my car bought sight unseen, but nothing catastrophic just normal stealership lines like "all new fluids" (black brake fluid.) Learning experience!

revelations
10-17-2018, 02:42 PM
I dunno, kind of par for the course for dealers to lie or embellish things on used cars. Particularly if it's not even their make at a dealer. Some of that stuff is easily missed on a visual inspection but how did you miss things like exhaust, intake and aftermarket bumpers?

A used car salesman at a Lexus dealership is not going to know any of those things. The mechanic also just looks at the condition of whats installed.

Obviously if the vehicle was lowered to an inch off the ground, that would have to be rectified.

Chester
10-17-2018, 02:43 PM
Welcome to life.

I like this lol

Hallowed_point
10-17-2018, 02:54 PM
A used car salesman at a Lexus dealership is not going to know any of those things. The mechanic also just looks at the condition of whats installed.

Obviously if the vehicle was lowered to an inch off the ground, that would have to be rectified.

I wouldn't expect a salesman to notice. But the mechanic who did the inspection surely should've. There would be non bmw logos or etching on the intake/exhaust at the very least.

max_boost
10-17-2018, 02:55 PM
So much easier to blame others.

revelations
10-17-2018, 03:01 PM
I wouldn't expect a salesman to notice. But the mechanic who did the inspection surely should've. There would be non bmw logos or etching on the intake/exhaust at the very least.

No, they just care whether there is obvious damage of the parts from a quick glance.

The guys who deal with used vehicles are also second-level techs in many locations, or are just starting out.

Their mandate is to ensure that there isnt anything OBVIOUSLY wrong with the vehicle that cant come back to them (eg. missing/broken steering parts, brake lines that are leaking - big safety issues) ... and to do this as cheaply as possible.

Rocket1k78
10-17-2018, 03:02 PM
Doesn't sound like a lemon. )
Its definitely not a lemon but its also far from stock which is what he thought he was getting. The cars got a ton of mods and bmw found out its got a tune which i would suspect is a big reason why his warranty was voided

Lexus of Edmonton:

You:

In terms of resolution:

Welcome to life.

Very fair summary!

So much easier to blame others.
welcome to life lol its sickening how much bullshit people get away with now by going on social media.

Mitsu3000gt
10-17-2018, 03:04 PM
Never trust a dealer inspection - that "150 pt" inspection is often just a 10 minute visual, not the thorough go-over that you are charged for. I can't even tell you how many test drives I've been on in "certified" cars with very obvious issues.

If you buy a used car from a dealership, ALWAYS get your own inspection, especially if it is off-brand and warranty is involved. Sounds like it was bought sight unseen as well - even more reason to get a proper OEM inspection.

Selling you that car was extremely shady since they obviously lied to you if you're telling the truth, but that's how dealers operate (clearly they did not inspect it but that is to be expected). Sounds like they fixed what you asked them to fix, too. It's not a lemon as it doesn't sound like it has any issues at all. Should have had BMW look at it before handing over any cash - lesson learned and move on.

When you decided to keep it after you found out about everything, that is where you pretty much waived any leverage you may have had.

msommers
10-17-2018, 03:09 PM
Wall of text bitching about something.

roopi
10-17-2018, 03:16 PM
Its definitely not a lemon but its also far from stock which is what he thought he was getting. The cars got a ton of mods and bmw found out its got a tune which i would suspect is a big reason why his warranty was voided

He said she said until he posts the proof showing that the salesperson stated he is buying a car with zero mods.

dirtsniffer
10-17-2018, 03:28 PM
misrepresenting the warranty could have been the big thing. but so much time has passed. Calgary BMW doesn't want it because they don't want to sell it. I am surprised they wouldn't at least auction it.

I would never deal with Dilawri in any form though.

Rocket1k78
10-17-2018, 03:29 PM
He said she said until he posts the proof showing that the salesperson stated he is buying a car with zero mods.

Very true

ercchry
10-17-2018, 03:33 PM
misrepresenting the warranty could have been the big thing. but so much time has passed. Calgary BMW doesn't want it because they don't want to sell it. I am surprised they wouldn't at least auction it.

I would never deal with Dilawri in any form though.

it HAD warranty, was not voided till the current owner took it in. i dunno how you dont notice the sound or the appearance of a new bumper though. "wanting a stock car" was probably never actually vocalized, just implied. but you should be able to read the client's mind... duuuuh... sales 101 :rofl:

Mitsu3000gt
10-17-2018, 04:04 PM
it HAD warranty, was not voided till the current owner took it in. i dunno how you dont notice the sound or the appearance of a new bumper though. "wanting a stock car" was probably never actually vocalized, just implied. but you should be able to read the client's mind... duuuuh... sales 101 :rofl:

The OP is mostly at fault, and when he decided to keep the car after Lexus paid for some fixes that is when the dealer probably stopped listening to him but the fact that it passed a dealer inspection with mods and bald tires is almost as bad. Expected, but extremely shady. They are selling unsafe, non-roadworthy cars at that point if he's telling the truth.

In 2018 though everyone is guilty until proven innocent so we might as well get our pitchforks out haha.

ercchry
10-17-2018, 04:10 PM
The OP is mostly at fault, and when he decided to keep the car after Lexus paid for some fixes that is when the dealer probably stopped listening to him but the fact that it passed a dealer inspection with mods and bald tires is almost as bad. Expected, but extremely shady. They are selling unsafe, non-roadworthy cars at that point if he's telling the truth.

In 2018 though everyone is guilty until proven innocent so we might as well get our pitchforks out haha.

here is the thing though...

inspection:

wear bars present: pass
8mm of pad: pass

take car into service:

"oooh yeah... we need to replace this, this, this... this is a little low...." :rofl:

shakalaka
10-17-2018, 04:36 PM
Joined over a year ago and posted for the first time now. Strange how people only think of us when they are in trouble somehow. Just like how people usually only pray during hard times.

Jlude
10-17-2018, 04:51 PM
Joined over a year ago and posted for the first time now. Strange how people only think of us when they are in trouble somehow. Just like how people usually only pray during hard times.

Are you saying Beyond is our God?

asp integra
10-17-2018, 04:58 PM
I like how the OP hasn't posted anything other than the first post.

In regards to OP, congrats, you bought a car that with those mods is even better than stock! Sell privately, put even more money in your pocket and then get the suv you want. You will probably ave 5-10k

Mista Bob
10-17-2018, 05:34 PM
Title should be "Lexus of Edmonton sold me a car with easily noticeable issues and fixed them for me"
:rofl:

ExtraSlow
10-17-2018, 05:36 PM
Title should be "Lexus of Edmonton sold me a car with easily noticeable issues and fixed them for me"

Mods, can we get a title change?

ndhal417
10-17-2018, 06:02 PM
I'm guessing the original owner ran into similar issues with trading in the car at a BMW dealership and went to this Lexus dealership instead.

Also this thread is useless without pics. Pictures of the car, tires, wife, and mods would be helpful.

roopi
10-17-2018, 08:30 PM

inspection:

take car into service:

"oooh yeah... we need to replace this, this, this... this is a little low...." :rofl:

Truth. Service time comes and everything needs to be done,

redline
10-17-2018, 08:50 PM
Also this thread is useless without pics. Pictures of the car, tires, wife, and mods would be helpful.

Lol pics in this order... wife, car, tires, then mods

Asian_defender
10-17-2018, 09:38 PM
1. Please provide proof that they stated it was a stock car, I don't see many dealership ads that state this
2. They reimbursed you for the issues

It's hearsay until you provide proof and they reimbursed you for the repairs. Why are you on here bitching?

Buster
10-17-2018, 09:42 PM
I didn't read the OP, because that wall of text looks boring as hell.

bourge73
10-17-2018, 09:47 PM
I didn't read the OP, because that wall of text looks boring as hell.

Pretty much doesn’t know anything about cars. Bought one, didn’t look at. Butt hurt over sweet piss all.
Moral of the story Don’t buy wife a car. 10-4

ShermanEF9
10-17-2018, 10:18 PM
I personally find it strange/funny that you couldn't be bothered to drive 2.5 hours to check out a vehicle yourself when buying. Had it been new... Fine, whatever, new cars a new car, but USED?

Also lol@mods making it not road worthy.

CMW403
10-17-2018, 11:21 PM
Welcome to life.

yes

Buster
10-18-2018, 12:06 AM
the big question is: whose alt is this?

Skrilla
10-18-2018, 05:32 AM
I would think this car would sell quite well privately with the mods, no? Seems mistakes made by both parties, but at least they reimbursed him for the repairs. I put a deposit on a car and didn't even get the car or my money back lol

schocker
10-18-2018, 09:03 AM
My thing was, sure buying from actual dealers, sure you feel a bit better, but why would I trust the Lexus dealer to know everything about a BMW? If it was a Lexus sure, but why not get it inspected at BMW?

ExtraSlow
10-18-2018, 09:08 AM
OP was a one post wonder.

Mitsu3000gt
10-18-2018, 09:10 AM
My thing was, sure buying from actual dealers, sure you feel a bit better, but why would I trust the Lexus dealer to know everything about a BMW? If it was a Lexus sure, but why not get it inspected at BMW?

On one had you never trust a dealer, especially on a non-OEM, on the other hand, he paid what I am sure was a huge markup + a healthy 'admin' fee that was supposed to cover an actual inspection and got a car with obvious mods and bald tires. OP is mostly to blame for zero due diligence but that is not a dealer I would ever buy from IF the story is true.

- - - Updated - - -

Probably crop dusted several forums with the same copy/paste.

revelations
10-18-2018, 09:20 AM

Thats generally how the whiners function.

Swank
10-18-2018, 09:30 AM
Yup, won't hear from him again so responses are pretty much a waste of finger power at this point.

jwslam
10-18-2018, 10:04 AM
- - - Updated - - -

Probably crop dusted several forums with the same copy/paste.
Some dealer rebuttals here
https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/lexus-of-edmonton/edmonton-alberta-t5s-2x1/lexus-of-edmonton-herblens-motors-inc-lexus-of-edmonton-falsified-vehicle-inspection-rep-1464817

revelations
10-18-2018, 10:10 AM
LOOOOOL .... sounds like OP is the one who is going to get sued for libel

Hi Alex, You were fully aware the vehicle had aftermarket accessories and the warranty was voided before you agreed to sign the bill of sale (3 months after you took delivery) and after the vehicle was shipped to you and had a third party inspection at BMW.

We also agreed to buy back the vehicle/refund your money during this 3 months and instead you were given 2 cheques for over $4000.00 to perform the maintenance the vehicle required and lack of warranty, which you were pleased with. We haven't heard from you in almost a year.

Now you try to trade it and our upset but failed to do any of the "required" work and pocketed the money. After 1 year we still offered to buy the vehicle back at $4388 less than you paid, for a year of driving which we believe was a very fair offer and you insist we pay more than you purchased it for or you will post on all social media.

Mitsu3000gt
10-18-2018, 10:15 AM
Haha wut. Wow the OP lied about everything.

Brent.ff
10-18-2018, 10:18 AM
"Shame on xx" might be my most favorite term on the internet

dirtsniffer
10-18-2018, 10:53 AM
hahaha what a donkey!

premiere84
10-18-2018, 10:55 AM
Not really looking for your criticism, just wanted to warm others of the business practice and lack of professionalism at Lexus of Edmonton. There is much more to the store that has not been disclosed. Unless the matter is settled, I will post sales documents, chain of communication and inspection reports.

As for purchasing a vehicle sight unseen, I have done so over a dozen times with vehicles in every price bracket and have never had a bad experience. Lesson learned.

Mista Bob
10-18-2018, 10:55 AM
Despite having the option to return the vehicle for a refund at one point, still goes on to post this topic?

I can't even begin to imagine the shit the dealership most likely had to endure from this guy. Lexus of Edmonton should be the one making a post, to warn people about dealing with this guy. :rofl:

premiere84
10-18-2018, 10:58 AM
As long as the dealership is replying to my reviews, I will post a rebuttal to their post listed above. Like I said, there is much more to the story.

1. I signed the Bill of Sale on November 6th, before even receiving the vehicle. Unless I have gone blind, I don't see ANYTHING regarding aftermarket parts and a void BMW factory warranty noted on the Bill of Sale.

2. As per your sales agents agent on October 27, 2017, he confirmed that the BMW factory warranty was valid until November 4, 2018, or in his exact words "one full year of warranty".

3. Hubcentric rings, TPMS and an oil change was repaired immediately after taking possession of the vehicle, and you have receipts.

4. The vehicle has been parked since January 2018 as we were out of the country, hence only 4,000km being put since November 2017. This is the reason why the brakes or tires were not replaced.

I will update this report, along with all other reviews that I have posted. Hopefully this won't have to go to court.

Skrilla
10-18-2018, 11:02 AM
But they did offer to buy it back? I'm confused..

J.M.
10-18-2018, 11:03 AM
What are you going to take them to court for?

They offered to buy the car back/refund your money and you refused lol

Rocket1k78
10-18-2018, 11:16 AM
Copied from rip off report

Hi Alex, You were fully aware the vehicle had aftermarket accessories and the warranty was voided before you agreed to sign the bill of sale (3 months after you took delivery) and after the vehicle was shipped to you and had a third party inspection at BMW.

We also agreed to buy back the vehicle/refund your money during this 3 months and instead you were given 2 cheques for over $4000.00 to perform the maintenance the vehicle required and lack of warranty, which you were pleased with. We haven't heard from you in almost a year.

Now you try to trade it and our upset but failed to do any of the "required" work and pocketed the money. After 1 year we still offered to buy the vehicle back at $4388 less than you paid, for a year of driving which we believe was a very fair offer and you insist we pay more than you purchased it for or you will post on all social media.

vengie
10-18-2018, 11:26 AM
As long as the dealership is replying to my reviews, I will post a rebuttal to their post listed above. Like I said, there is much more to the story.

1. I signed the Bill of Sale on November 6th, before even receiving the vehicle. Unless I have gone blind, I don't see ANYTHING regarding aftermarket parts and a void BMW factory warranty noted on the Bill of Sale.

2. As per your sales agents agent on October 27, 2017, he confirmed that the BMW factory warranty was valid until November 4, 2018, or in his exact words "one full year of warranty".

3. Hubcentric rings, TPMS and an oil change was repaired immediately after taking possession of the vehicle, and you have receipts.

4. The vehicle has been parked since January 2018 as we were out of the country, hence only 4,000km being put since November 2017. This is the reason why the brakes or tires were not replaced.

I will update this report, along with all other reviews that I have posted. Hopefully this won't have to go to court.

So what happened to the $4388 that Lexus wrote you a cheque for to repair those issues that you chose not to repair?

Skyline_Addict
10-18-2018, 05:16 PM
The only warning you’ve provided us is to never deal with YOU. Please explain what you did with the $4000+ they gave you.

Not really looking for your criticism, just wanted to warm others of the business practice and lack of professionalism at Lexus of Edmonton. There is much more to the store that has not been disclosed. Unless the matter is settled, I will post sales documents, chain of communication and inspection reports.

As for purchasing a vehicle sight unseen, I have done so over a dozen times with vehicles in every price bracket and have never had a bad experience. Lesson learned.

max_boost
10-18-2018, 05:21 PM
Ai ya. OP just sounds like one ma fan dude to the max.

redline
10-18-2018, 06:21 PM
For all this drama , the wife better be a total smoke show.... where are pics ?

rage2
10-18-2018, 06:33 PM
They offered to buy it back twice. First time he turned it down and got paid $4k+. Second time looks to be original price minus what was paid in the first settlement even though he didn’t use that money to fix everything that the payment was for. Basically getting paid to drive the car for a year. Why the hell wouldn’t you take that offer?

premiere84
10-18-2018, 07:17 PM
The amount refunded was simply to bring the car to the shape that was promised, based on the inspections and condition reports from the dealership. The cost for replacing the brakes, tires, fixing the curbed wheels, hubcentric rings and TPMS. Tires and brakes have not yet been replaced as the vehicle has been parked since January 2018.

The issue is not with the above, it is only when we tried to trade the vehicle in to Calgary BMW, they performed a more thorough inspection and found the aftermarket radiator support and bumpers. The fact that I am now unable to even sell the vehicle is the issue at hand. At the end of the day, I'm not sure what else has been done to the car and if anyone will ever purchase it in the current state, that at the end of the day, should have been disclosed.

Also, I am not asking to receive a full refund, as I was willing to negotiate to take a loss on the vehicle, as it was in my possession for almost a year.

Rage, they only offered to buy the car back once. Yes, all used car dealerships are crooked, but my experience with Lexus of Edmonton caught me by surprise as their rating was higher than most dealers.

Jlude
10-18-2018, 07:26 PM
The amount refunded was simply to bring the car to the shape that was promised, based on the inspections and condition reports from the dealership. The cost for replacing the brakes, tires, fixing the curbed wheels, hubcentric rings and TPMS. Tires and brakes have not yet been replaced as the vehicle has been parked since January 2018.

The issue is not with the above, it is only when we tried to trade the vehicle in to Calgary BMW, they performed a more thorough inspection and found the aftermarket radiator support and bumpers. The fact that I am now unable to even sell the vehicle is the issue at hand. At the end of the day, I'm not sure what else has been done to the car and if anyone will ever purchase it in the current state, that at the end of the day, should have been disclosed.

Also, I am not asking to receive a full refund, as I was willing to negotiate to take a loss on the vehicle, as it was in my possession for almost a year.

Rage, they only offered to buy the car back once. Yes, all used car dealerships are crooked, but my experience with Lexus of Calgary caught me by surprise as their rating was higher than most dealers.

Wait a second. You said Lexus of Calagry, or is it Edmonton?

Why won't anyone buy the car? You're saying it cannot be sold, please explain why the car cannot be sold?

premiere84
10-18-2018, 07:30 PM
Whoops! Correction made.

At this point, the matter will be dealt with through the courts so not even going to try to sell it and put someone else through the stress that Lexus of Edmonton put me through with this car.

revelations
10-18-2018, 07:48 PM
This will be a very short civil court case. If you went with this information to a lawyer, they would tell you in about 5 minutes that this case will be squashed by the Judge or after about 5 minutes of deliberation

What you will then be at risk for, is libel. Lexus did not sell you a lemon - at worst they sold you something they did not know much about - and then offered to make it right by cutting you cheques which you cashed.

You are not 'not able' to sell the vehicle. BMW is feeding you horseshit and you are too dense to comprehend that there is a VAST private, used car market out there.

ganesh
10-18-2018, 07:55 PM

Rage, they only offered to buy the car back once. Yes, all used car dealerships are crooked, but my experience with Lexus of Edmonton caught me by surprise as their rating was higher than most dealers.

According to Lexus Edmonton on their response on the Rip Off report they offered to buy your vehicle back. First in the 3 month period and the second offer was after one year. Are you saying that is not the case?

rage2
10-18-2018, 08:39 PM
Out of curiosity what are you looking for in your lawsuit in terms of compensation? Lexus says you want more than what you paid. Is that true?

redline
10-18-2018, 10:49 PM
Out of curiosity what are you looking for in your lawsuit in terms of compensation? Lexus says you want more than what you paid. Is that true?

:werd:

Plus just cause Calgary bmw would not take it on trade does mean you can’t sell it...

What kind of aftermarket bumpers are on this and how do you not notice that...

Sugarphreak
10-19-2018, 12:12 AM

Lex350
10-19-2018, 07:46 AM
What an entitled stupid pr**k.

Disoblige
10-19-2018, 07:48 AM
Courts hopefully will give this guy a reality check.

ExtraSlow
10-19-2018, 07:50 AM

Tik-Tok
10-19-2018, 07:52 AM
Courts hopefully will give this guy a reality check.

They offered two reality checks, but he turned them both down.

bjstare
10-19-2018, 08:21 AM
Haha unable to sell the car? I suppose that's realistic, as it would be tough for someone with an IQ of 85 to put up an ad on kijiji and respond to inquiries.

rage2
10-19-2018, 08:23 AM
Haha unable to sell the car? I suppose that's realistic, as it would be tough for someone with an IQ of 85 to put up an ad on kijiji and respond to inquiries.
Lexus offered a buy back. He just wanted more money than he paid from the sounds of it. :dunno:

Tik-Tok
10-19-2018, 08:26 AM
Lexus offered a buy back. He just wanted more money than he paid from the sounds of it. :dunno:

Well yeah, it has all those aftermarket modifications that increases it's value.

npham
10-19-2018, 09:01 AM
This hilariously backfired. More people want to use Lexus of Edmonton now.

Mitsu3000gt
10-19-2018, 09:08 AM

The key is being truthful and 100% transparent when you post a public grievance and with as much proof as possible. The moment you don't do that, well, we can all see what happens haha.

RX_EVOLV
10-19-2018, 09:14 AM
If this is all true then definitly good on Lexus of Edmonton for even offering to buy back a year later. If I ever want need another car I'll defiintly look there first lol

Mitsu3000gt
10-19-2018, 09:24 AM
If this is all true then definitly good on Lexus of Edmonton for even offering to buy back a year later. If I ever want need another car I'll defiintly look there first lol

They stepped up and did the right thing which is good, but we also know they don't inspect their used cars at all, which is still very concerning IMO.

Rocket1k78
10-19-2018, 09:28 AM
The key is being truthful and 100% transparent when you post a public grievance and with as much proof as possible. The moment you don't do that, well, we can all see what happens haha.

100% agreed. I know there are dummies out there but youd figure this guy would at least tell some of the truth. Im sure hes got another active account on here and has seen what happens when you BS stories. Im also very curious too about what he's going to court for, if anything id be trying to make this thread die and hope Lexus doesnt go after me.

killramos
10-19-2018, 09:29 AM
Well yeah, it has all those aftermarket modifications that increases it's value.

A790
10-19-2018, 10:24 AM
Gotta love how the OP is doubling down on his stupidity. When being right is more important than what's right... amirite? lol

The Cosworth
10-19-2018, 10:32 AM
Man this is pure hilarity. How is the rest of your life going OP? Feel free to post more warnings for us. Been a bit drama-lacking besides the Olympics around here.

inspection:

take car into service:

OMG so true, we literally had them do an inspection on our new car, it had to go back the next week for something and was called with a huge laundry list of missed things. I called back and said "So what changed in a week" they said "Oh sorry nothing, that is default reminders based on your KM"..... suure. Hahah

Hell yeah, buy car, raise stink, free 1 year rental! (Kidding of course).

J-hop
10-19-2018, 11:59 AM
OMG so true, we literally had them do an inspection on our new car, it had to go back the next week for something and was called with a huge laundry list of missed things. I called back and said "So what changed in a week" they said "Oh sorry nothing, that is default reminders based on your KM"..... suure. Hahah

Had the exact same experience when I dealt with a dealership for the first time. All the paperwork for the sale was under my girlfriends name in their system. Booked first service under my name. Their system didn’t make the connection.

Made them squirm when I showed them the inspection sheet for the inspection they had done less than 3000km previous.

cam_wmh
10-19-2018, 09:16 PM

hey guiz he's not looking for your criticisms.

lol, what a pleb

ShermanEF9
10-19-2018, 09:19 PM
not looking for criticisms... posts it on the internet and ends up being wrong.

https://static1.fjcdn.com/thumbnails/comments/Hmm+thats+a+good+question+_705ebbbdae0c460998454e9c1d7ff4b3.png

OP,

You clearly have zero knowledge of how the automotive industry works, or even how a car works. None of things you've mentioned make the car "unroadworthy" or "unsalable." If this were the case, not a single modified vehicle would be allowed on the streets, or be sold anywhere. You fucked up. Find someone else to buy the car and move on. The dealership did not deceive you, and even gave you several opportunities to get out of it. You decided to deny these chances, all in the name of greed, or feeling that you deserve more. Stop rubbing a businesses name through dirt for your stupidity.

On another note. Can you guys believe it?! Denny Andrews Ford sold me a great truck that I am still loving over a year and a half later. My only issue is my Drivers side mudflap (of which I installed) is loose and I can't quite get it to fit properly. Should I demand my money back for the entire truck?

never
10-19-2018, 11:56 PM
On another note. Can you guys believe it?! Denny Andrews Ford sold me a great truck that I am still loving over a year and a half later. My only issue is my Drivers side mudflap (of which I installed) is loose and I can't quite get it to fit properly. Should I demand my money back for the entire truck?

Sounds like you should ask for your money back PLUS 25%.

premiere84
10-20-2018, 11:44 AM
Where does it state that I'm looking to profit? I am willing to settle with them for a fair price, not a offer that is $6,000.00 ($10,000 less if you are counting the refund) less than was paid. I don't expect them to buy back at retail, but also not on the low end of the wholesale price.

Mista Bob
10-20-2018, 11:49 AM
Where does it state that I'm looking to profit? I am willing to settle with them for a fair price, not a offer that is $6,000.00 ($10,000 less if you are counting the refund) less than was paid. I don't expect them to buy back at retail, but also not on the low end of the wholesale price.

Really? So the offer from them to buy the vehicle back minus money they gave you isn't fair, despite it being a year later?

At this point fair is them telling you to F off. Anything beyond that is them being very nice to you.

J.M.
10-20-2018, 11:52 AM
Just show them who’s bo$$ in court! :rofl::rofl: