PDA

View Full Version : New Chrysler cop cars - LMAO

DSM Power
10-03-2002, 05:43 PM
There was a news item on Global 7 tonight about Chrysler producing new cop cars based on the Intrepid. Top speed? 220 Km/h ... It showed them doing some laps at Race City. :rofl:

According to the spokesman:
"This car will get after the bad guys faster than any other car out there. This is the fastest production police car in North America".

LOL - what product brochure has this guy been smoking?!? :nut: :bullshit: Must've forgot about those Mustang / Camaro / WRX ones... :rolleyes:

infamous
10-03-2002, 05:55 PM
hahahahaha that's friggin hilarious....hey me and extasy_civic saw a subaru outback wagon fire car thing yesterday....that was a :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

HRD2PLZ
10-03-2002, 06:02 PM
I must have saw them on my way home from work. I remember seeing a truck with a whole bunch of Intrepids driving down 114th towards Barlow Trail. I wasn't really close to see what was on them though.

kenny
10-03-2002, 06:36 PM
That top speed is probably under-rated. I remember at one of the beyond meets when we had an undercover cop who came and showed us his laser speedgun and cop car. He said it goes well beyond the rated top speed which was 200 something, can't remember exactly. He then said it didn't matter because you can't outrun a radio and a helicopter

:werd:

5.9 R/T
10-03-2002, 06:47 PM
The mustang/camaro/wrx cop cars are one offs. you cannot, as a police agency, walk into a subie dealership and ask for the WRX police package. The intrepid, crown vic, malibu, durango, explorer, etc. etc. are all offered with police packages right from the factory. So he was correct in saying that, albiet a little misleading since the 'trep is really only a few tenths quicker through the 1/4 then the crown vic.

rage2
10-03-2002, 06:51 PM
I heard that on the radio on the drive home. My wife was like, "220? That's it??" :rofl:

Maxt
10-03-2002, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by infamous
hahahahaha that's friggin hilarious....hey me and extasy_civic saw a subaru outback wagon fire car thing yesterday....that was a :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Yeah , red and white with "disaster services" on the fenders, and the friggin light bar is bigger than the car.. What possible useful role could this car possible fulfill in the event of disaster?
"Damn, how we gonna get through all the carnage to get to the doughnut shop?", "no problem, our subaru wagon will fit through the mangled mess of bodies, flash the emergency lights to get those victims to move!"
Hmm, well now we know why this fair city has money problems when it comes to real problems.. its hard to make such critical decisions, roads and education, or useless flashy vehicles, roads and education or useless flashy.... you get my point.. Its not that he city doesn't have enough money, they have to much so they have no appreciation for where it comes from, and really where it should go.. Ok there's my rant done..Max

Redlyne_mr2
10-03-2002, 07:33 PM
we had one at our auto show right from the factory..its turbocharged..went for a ride in it, just around the parkign lot though so the boost was minimal:D

mwmhong
10-03-2002, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by DSM Power

According to the spokesman:
"This car will get after the bad guys faster than any other car out there. This is the fastest production police car in North America".

That claim might not last if Ford releases a police package for the Marauder; 300 horses, even more than the trusty old LT1 Caprices.
:burnout:

GTS Jeff
10-03-2002, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by Maxt

Yeah , red and white with "disaster services" on the fenders, and the friggin light bar is bigger than the car.. What possible useful role could this car possible fulfill in the event of disaster?
"Damn, how we gonna get through all the carnage to get to the doughnut shop?", "no problem, our subaru wagon will fit through the mangled mess of bodies, flash the emergency lights to get those victims to move!"
Hmm, well now we know why this fair city has money problems when it comes to real problems.. its hard to make such critical decisions, roads and education, or useless flashy vehicles, roads and education or useless flashy.... you get my point.. Its not that he city doesn't have enough money, they have to much so they have no appreciation for where it comes from, and really where it should go.. Ok there's my rant done..Max think it thru first.

the fire department has more to do than put out fires, and in many cases, it is unreasonable to drive a fire truck around. thats why they need smaller cars. an outback like the one they have would cost them no more than 25,000. i think the city can stand to lose 25,000.

Stratus_Power
10-03-2002, 10:53 PM
just on the news?? i remeber i heard about this liek at least a year ago.. but the gonna get some new cops car made w/ intrepid.. something about the engine.. but really yes it can only go 220... but will it ever run up to 220? plus they said something like they are being made right in alberta and stuff

Vr6boi
10-04-2002, 04:54 AM
haha i saw that 2, it was doing some fast weaving through those pilons,but whatever.I think those camero cop cars with the vette engines are fast lol My friend got pulled over by one doing like 180 sucka j/k

D'z Nutz
10-04-2002, 11:16 AM
A little off topic, but has anyone seen those unmarked cars fixed up to look like ricer cars?? (I guess the point of it is to catch street racing.) I was leaving work one time with my friend and we were heading in opposite directions and he called my cell right after saying there was one giving some guy a citation. I also heard somewhere else that there are a few out there... I'm not sure if it's true or not, since I haven't seen it for myself, but has anyone see them?

RCBVtec
10-04-2002, 11:34 AM
I have never heard of the 'ricer' cop cars :confused: what kind of car is it??

mwmhong
10-04-2002, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by D'z Nutz
A little off topic, but has anyone seen those unmarked cars fixed up to look like ricer cars?? (I guess the point of it is to catch street racing.) I was leaving work one time with my friend and we were heading in opposite directions and he called my cell right after saying there was one giving some guy a citation. I also heard somewhere else that there are a few out there... I'm not sure if it's true or not, since I haven't seen it for myself, but has anyone see them?

They have many young undercover officers, they look like young kids, you couldn't tell they were cops by looking at them. ;)

Speed_RaSiR
10-04-2002, 12:35 PM
What do cop cars run 1\4 mile?

MR2uned
10-05-2002, 11:31 AM
I have heard the same about the "RICER PoPo rides" and have even been warned to look out for a copper like color civic. (Yah there only half dozen in town) This is an undercover cop, he was talking to some ppl @ a show. yes they do try nabbing street racers.

To be honest I race everone and everything on the road, just to the speed limit, and without the kick ass tire spin, so in other words I am a daily driver just being part of the "rat race." we call life.

Maxt
10-05-2002, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by Jeff TYPE R
think it thru first.

the fire department has more to do than put out fires, and in many cases, it is unreasonable to drive a fire truck around. thats why they need smaller cars. an outback like the one they have would cost them no more than 25,000. i think the city can stand to lose 25,000.
You gotta be kidding me..
You think a tricked out outback is gonna do anything for the fire department? Its a perk of the post, plain and simple.. If you think that car cost only 25,000, you are completely fucked.. Ever price emergency lighting, that car once done is probably closer to 50k in its current form..
Yes the fire department does do other things, however thats why the city has a fleet of 12,000 dollar cavaliers and sunfire...
Maybe while you are at it you can justify why our supposed cash strapped city has 10 or so fully loaded yukon denali's, some grand cherokee's with v-8 option no less, a Volkswagon beetle or two, the parks and Rec department has purchased a fleet of nissan Xterra's, I have seen a PT cruiser with "Calgary Roads" designations on it.
I suggest you think it through, or start paying property taxes.. Politicians wonder why taxpayers get ticked off with increase, its pretty easy to do when they parade around in vehicles far more expensive than the average taxpayer can afford..Maxt