PDA

View Full Version : Yet another OOP thread...

reiRei
11-01-2018, 02:25 PM
Had a question for all (or at least those with experience). Just recently moved back to Calgary from BC - and we have an older car (2006 Mazdaspeed 6), we've been trying to get an OOP inspection done, but nobody seems to want to do the inspection because it is missing the VIN number plate visible from the windshield.

Does anyone have experience with this issue, and how would one get a replacement?

annnnd - does anyone have a suggestion for a good shop to do an out of province with after this issue is remedied?

much thanks in advance!

Edit: So - the VIN issue is solved - the windshield was replaced with the wrong type - so the notch for the VIN is in the wrong spot. What a pain :(

firebane
11-01-2018, 02:31 PM
why is the vin plate missing? that sounds sketchy as hell.

reiRei
11-01-2018, 02:38 PM
I'm not sure why it's missing - car was purchased from Kelowna Mazda and I believe we are the second owners of the vehicle.

BavarianBeast
11-01-2018, 03:18 PM
chop shopped lol.

Sounds like a pain in the ass. Call a registry, they should have the information?

LilDrunkenSmurf
11-02-2018, 06:33 AM
Gad you got the issue resolved. My recommendation would be Balance Auto Garage for the actual OOP.

Tik-Tok
11-02-2018, 07:10 AM
Edit: So - the VIN issue is solved - the windshield was replaced with the wrong type - so the notch for the VIN is in the wrong spot. What a pain :(

Now that you're back in Calgary, you'll need a new windshield in 2 months anyways.

reiRei
11-02-2018, 07:44 AM
LilDrunkenSmurf Thanks! I'll check them out
Tik-Tok - definitely - it won't be long before we need to get a new windshield anyway