PDA

View Full Version : Dry herb vaporizer?

J-hop
11-05-2018, 12:01 PM
I guess kind of health related but is anyone using a dry herb vaporizer and have recommendations (what model to buy, differences, things to avoid)? I don’t even know where to start.

ramminghard
11-05-2018, 09:29 PM
Been using a Pax 3 for two years. Highly recommended!

ercchry
11-05-2018, 09:58 PM
Been using a Pax 3 for two years. Highly recommended!

Nothing beats it... apple of the market. But comes with that price tag too... has an accelerometer in it too and games :rofl:

Not overly efficient though... for efficiency the magic flight is amazing, but takes a while to figure it out as it’s very manual

lee88
11-05-2018, 10:15 PM
Arizer air 2 is my go to portable vaporizer. No complaints and does the job really well!

adam c
11-05-2018, 10:26 PM
I have a Pax3, I really enjoy the discreteness of it and the technology behind it

MR2-3SGTE
11-06-2018, 07:43 AM
Pax 3 is great, but being discrete has its drawbacks. It's the best in terms of build quality and technology, but in terms of vapor quality there are better options. Depends what you're looking for really. I find my cheaper $200 vaporizer has its place just as my pax does. Being a conduction vaporizer, the pax requires a lot of cleaning, and is picky in terms packing (needs to be finely grinded and packed tightly). Convection vapes are more forgiving in how you pack them. In terms of vapor quality only, the Mighty is at the top of the list. It's one of the very few vaporizers that heat via conduction and convection both. However for a $500 vaporizer, it feels very cheap and is quite bulky. If it's your first vape, I'd definitely start with a cheap one ~$200

pf0sh0
11-06-2018, 08:40 AM
My buddies always recommend Arizer solo - its just been around a while and is super durable/ reliable. Although I don't think it is the most discrete thing to carry around.. i.e. better for home.

I was going to buy this one but then my other friend gave me a g-pen elite for free. This one is average but can't beat free!

J-hop
11-06-2018, 08:41 AM
Thanks for the suggestions so far. I’m thinking to start out my order from most important to least would be:

ease of use-> price -> functionality -> discreteness

Probably looking to spend in the 200-250 ish range for my first one.

Also do you guys order online or do you find shops have ok pricing/selection?

pf0sh0
11-06-2018, 08:48 AM
When I was looking online always seemed better, but that could just be my experience.

adam c
11-06-2018, 11:39 AM
pax is out for you as it's above your price range
there's a quite few shops in calgary that sell vaporizers, you can check adult source as just one option

ercchry
11-06-2018, 11:59 AM
I got the PAXII years back locally when the headshop in deerrun had a “back to school” sale... $300 out the door. The 2 is great also if you can find one somewhere on clearance

BavarianBeast
11-06-2018, 12:08 PM
Volcano for home, Mighty for portable. Not that I would know anything about that.

Why are people still vaporizing dry herb though when you can get CO2 extracted cartridges? So much more convenient.

J-hop
11-06-2018, 12:29 PM
Volcano for home, Mighty for portable. Not that I would know anything about that.

Why are people still vaporizing dry herb though when you can get CO2 extracted cartridges? So much more convenient.

Ah you’re going to have to school me a bit on that, with the c02 cartridges do you buy cartridges prefilled with canabis oil or something like that?

BavarianBeast
11-06-2018, 12:45 PM
Yeah, they are .5ml - 1ml cartridges that use CO2 extracted oil. You can either buy them pre-filled, or you can buy the CO2 oil to inject into the cartridge. The vaporizers that receive the cartridge are also only $10-$40. I've tried just about everything excluding suppositories and they are the best delivery system IMO.

https://www.chronicvapes.ca/product/zen-tanks-c02-cartridge-refill/?age-verified=22e884d6ec

ercchry
11-06-2018, 12:47 PM
CO2 extract would only be available from grey market still

I still prefer dry herb... you lose at lot of the cannabinoids with the extractions as the whole idea is to try and isolate just the thc

sabad66
11-06-2018, 01:45 PM
Also using a mighty medic. I believe it’s the exact same as a mighty, but it has a different model number and is approved by health Canada as a “medical device”, so you can use it as a medical expense on your taxes.

Pros: amazing battery life, adjustable temperature (to the degree), good vapour, good cartridge system including a magazine for them, made in Germany (store & Bickel same company that makes the volcano)

Cons: price (around $500), not very discreet/portable

If you can stomach the price and don’t need discreetness/need to fit it in your pocket then I would highly recommend it. Personally I only use it in and around the house so it works for me

sabad66
11-06-2018, 01:50 PM

I still prefer dry herb... you lose at lot of the cannabinoids with the extractions as the whole idea is to try and isolate just the thc
Yup, loss of terpenes is the biggest drawback with thc distillate. I find the high is different and much shorter lasting. Also destroys my tolerance...After a few days in a row of vaping distillate, straight herb doesn’t do anything

Convenience factor can’t be beat tho

J-hop
11-06-2018, 03:24 PM

Yea that is another thing I should have mentioned, I want to be able to get everything completely mainstream and no legality grey areas.

BavarianBeast
11-07-2018, 04:04 PM
Couple of months and you'll be able to purchase them.

Somebody told me yesterday the Alberta cannabis website is now offering THC pills?

A790
11-08-2018, 09:47 AM
I use the Davinci IQ and love it. Best vape I've used yet.

tcon
11-08-2018, 08:59 PM
My GF's Arizer solo is still going strong after nearly 4 years of ownership I dont use but she likes it

mazdavirgin
11-20-2018, 11:46 PM
Lot of stores running some really good deals for black friday. Tempted to buy a S&B Mighty...

https://www.reddit.com/r/vaporents/comments/9xmium/vaporents_black_friday_price_chart/

Spreadsheet with US and Canadian deals.

hurrdurr
11-21-2018, 02:56 PM
Not to thread jack but what is a decent vape for oil? And where do you guys get your THC oil? I've only used disposable in the past but prefer not to.

shakalaka
11-21-2018, 03:47 PM
Yeah, they are .5ml - 1ml cartridges that use CO2 extracted oil. You can either buy them pre-filled, or you can buy the CO2 oil to inject into the cartridge. The vaporizers that receive the cartridge are also only $10-$40. I've tried just about everything excluding suppositories and they are the best delivery system IMO.

https://www.chronicvapes.ca/product/zen-tanks-c02-cartridge-refill/?age-verified=22e884d6ec

Out of curiosity, how long does each .5ml or 1 ml cartridge last you? With how much usage on average? Are all cartridges refillable (for example Milkyway on that site you posted) or is replacing them the only way?

sabad66
11-23-2018, 04:16 AM
Not to thread jack but what is a decent vape for oil? And where do you guys get your THC oil? I've only used disposable in the past but prefer not to.

I use one from vape710.ca. I have a spare set including 2 refillable carts listed on the marketplace if u want to save on shipping.

Distillate is grey market at this point but lots of online grey market vendors carry it. I’ve used kleerx from herb approach and have no complaints.

Mista Bob
11-23-2018, 07:12 AM
My Arizer solo is still going strong after nearly 4 years of ownership, I would definitely get behind any Arizer product.

Good to hear yours is still going after that time. I picked up the Arizer Solo II a few months ago. Best dry herb vape I've ever used.