PDA

View Full Version : Hit and Run-NEED HELP identifying vehicle

silvia_s13
11-07-2018, 01:21 AM
I normally cruise the beyond pages and stay in the shadows but I need some help and am hoping there are a few Calgary beyonders who can lend some support here.

My sister sent me a video she received from her neighbor who captured a Ford pickup doing donuts in her cul-de sac this evening Nov 6 at 10:30pm. (Approx 6 Ave and 18a St NW) The truck ended up hitting her car causing damage and of course it peeled away shortly after but I am hoping to get a positive ID on the truck and help bring this idiot to justice or at least have the damage covered. Any help you can offer would be greatly appreciated even if it is confirming the type of vehicle!!

What we know:
White Ford F-250? Need help confirming trim, model and year
Large decal on the rear of box on both driver and passenger sides (Looks very similar to a Volcom logo) 83884
Decal on driver and passenger doors (Likely a company name)
Rear passenger running light not working. Look to be LED?
Third brake light not working
Aluminum truck toolbox
May have damage to passenger rear bumper

https://youtu.be/CJilh4_LY4I

dj_rice
11-07-2018, 09:32 AM
I have no info to provide but the neighbor.....pans the video down cause he/she scared to get busted for filming them? Haha wow...should of went outside and caught their plate instead of sitting inside hiding...But good luck with your search!

Disoblige
11-07-2018, 09:36 AM
You guys contacted the police already right?

rx7boi
11-07-2018, 10:01 AM
Shit...pan away right before the truck hits the car? Bad timing but easy to put 2+2 together.

silvia_s13
11-07-2018, 10:19 AM
I have no info to provide but the neighbor.....pans the video down cause he/she scared to get busted for filming them? Haha wow...should of went outside and caught their plate instead of sitting inside hiding...But good luck with your search!

Yeah, I don't know what that was all about. Just happy to have some information.

Mitsu3000gt
11-07-2018, 10:25 AM
Why did you stop filming precisely during the only part that mattered? haha.

I'm not surprised to see the type of vehicle doing this...I can already picture the individual inside.

rx7boi
11-07-2018, 10:42 AM
Why did you stop filming precisely during the only part that mattered? haha.

I'm not surprised to see the type of vehicle doing this...I can already picture the individual inside.

Wasn't him that filmed it. Video was provided to them by a neighbor.

Rocket1k78
11-07-2018, 11:47 AM
Early 2000 f250-350 extended cab long box(8ft) is my guess. Its too bad they stopped filming but i cant really blame them, they were in their own house so they were probably scared that that guy might do something.

silvia_s13
11-07-2018, 04:59 PM
You guys contacted the police already right?

Yes police were contacted. Camera guy was likely a little nervous. Apparently the driver was ripping donuts for quite sometime before hitting a parked vehicle which is probably why the neighbor was filming

Nufy
11-07-2018, 05:50 PM
F-250.

Probably stolen.

Aren't most of them these days...

ExtraSlow
11-07-2018, 07:23 PM
Serious question, WHY do YOU need to identify what vehicle it is? How would it help you?

Your insurance covers you either way for the same amount, right?

bourge73
11-07-2018, 08:32 PM
Serious question, WHY do YOU need to identify what vehicle it is? How would it help you?

Clearly they won’t cover an F-250 bro ............

ExtraSlow
11-07-2018, 08:40 PM
Clearly they won’t cover an F-250 bro ............

I guess this is a joke? Because a hit and run on a parked car is covered by comprehensive no matter who did it or if they are identified or charged.

adam c
11-07-2018, 08:48 PM

Bringing that dipshit to justice?
Still have to pay deductible

SportEL
11-07-2018, 09:29 PM

Policyholder needs to have Collision coverage. Also, they would be responsible for the deductible. If the other party can be identified and they have insurance, then they deductible could be recovered.

Also, if Policyholder doesn't have Loss of Use, then they won't have a rental vehicle if the car is in for repairs. If the other party could be identified, then their insurance would cover the rental.

If TP is identified and uninsured, and Policyholder has no Collision or Loss of Use, then Policyholder is SOL and has to go after TP personally.

ExtraSlow
11-07-2018, 09:39 PM
I guess I have a combination of that good old guy insurance and a relaxed personality. If this was me, I'd go fill out the police report, hand them the video, and start my insurance claim.

ShermanEF9
11-07-2018, 11:20 PM
Policyholder needs to have Collision coverage. Also, they would be responsible for the deductible. If the other party can be identified and they have insurance, then they deductible could be recovered.

Also, if Policyholder doesn't have Loss of Use, then they won't have a rental vehicle if the car is in for repairs. If the other party could be identified, then their insurance would cover the rental.

If TP is identified and uninsured, and Policyholder has no Collision or Loss of Use, then Policyholder is SOL and has to go after TP personally.

So given the vehicle is more than likely stolen, everything you've just typed out means nothing.

Disoblige
11-07-2018, 11:26 PM
I guess this is a joke? Because a hit and run on a parked car is covered by comprehensive no matter who did it or if they are identified or charged.
Always wondered though... A lot of people seem to pay out of pocket for these. Are they worried of their premiums going up due to these kind of claims? I never dealt with a hit and run worth over $500-1k before so I never thought to ask.