PDA

View Full Version : Subaru Specific Indy Shops?

jaylo
11-13-2018, 10:15 AM
Hi,

Subaru peaked my interest and got me started on looking at a used Subaru as a daily for this winter.

Are there any good Subaru independent shops that I can take a Subaru for a) pre-purchase and b) compression/leakdown test?

I called Subaru Calgary and the quote is north of $400 for both A and B and won't be in until Nov. 30

Indy shop with a former Subaru technician will be awesome.:D

LilDrunkenSmurf
11-13-2018, 10:31 AM
Balance Auto does quite a bit of Subaru work. I trusted them with my STi.
Vex is your go to/default Subaru shop for the Calgary area.
Allmakes used to be good, "back in the day" (2008 and earlier), but I haven't heard anything good about them for years.

A2VR6
11-13-2018, 04:46 PM
+1 for Balance Auto, theres always a Subaru in the shop at some point or another haha.

LilDrunkenSmurf
11-13-2018, 08:40 PM
To this day, he still blames me for starting that trend, since I was the first one to go see him.

cyra1ax
11-13-2018, 09:11 PM
I must be behind the times....thought Allmakes was still the place to go.

jaylo
11-14-2018, 09:57 AM
Anyone dealt with Calgary Automarine Services in Delacour, AB?

I went there and looked at a Subaru and he specializes in them and seems like a good guy (Azam Deen).

Pacman
11-14-2018, 10:39 AM
I must be behind the times....thought Allmakes was still the place to go.

I've been taking both of my Subarus there for the past 5 years. Overall I'm pretty happy but I'm starting to question some of the aftermarket parts they are using. Had the front brakes done and they were warped right off the bat. I then had them replaced and within a month they were warped again. Took them in for a 3rd time and they were fine for around 15,000 km and now they are warped again.

I've also heard rumors that they are not as good as before, but haven't really found anyone better to replace them.