PDA

View Full Version : PSA - Grey MK5 (plate CBL-8784) tailgates into DT parkade, attempts to steal wheels

zerofighter
11-19-2018, 10:30 PM
Figured I post on Beyond to warn others. Last week there was an attempt to steal the wheels off of my friend's GLA in an underground parkade in a residential tower. Thankfully my friend caught him in the act, chased him off, and was able to snap a pic of their plate. Unfortunately according to the police, since the person did not actually steal anything they can't charge them with anything except maybe trespassing assuming that was their car they used. So apparently if you attempt to steal something its okay?

The person parks at the main parkade entrance and waits for someone to come out or for someone to get frustrated behind them and open the gate then does the same process to get past the second parking gate. The person was driving a grey MK5 GTI with tinted windows (plate CBL-8784) was caucasian male, 5'10 or so, looked mid-20s, and had dreads past his shoulders. The passenger was a petite African-american female wearing a black puffy jacket with black fur. There have been several vehicle break-ins in the parkade in the similar timeframe, wondering if this attempt is connected or not.

Keep an eye out for people trying to tailgate into your parkade and get some wheel locks. Hopefully this can prevent some people from getting their wheels jacked.

ShermanEF9
11-19-2018, 10:32 PM
how exactly did they "try to steal the wheels?" did they have lugnuts off? car jacked up?

zerofighter
11-19-2018, 10:52 PM
Car was jacked up and had all the lugs loose. A minute more and he would have had one wheel.

speedog
11-19-2018, 11:19 PM
So apparently if you attempt to steal something its okay?

Bit of a stretch, no?

max_boost
11-20-2018, 12:27 AM
I dislike no cameras in parkades. Have had window smashed.

acedia
11-21-2018, 06:31 PM
Bit of a stretch, no?

Yeah, maybe he noticed an uneven wear pattern and was just trying to be nice and rotate the tires.