PDA

View Full Version : Urban Expressions Smash & Grabbed last night!

tirebob
11-20-2018, 10:01 AM
Hey all,

Just putting it out there that if you see any new wheels and tires come up for cheap, we got smash and grabbed last night and they got a fair bit of rims and tires from what we can tell. We still need to go through and compare inventory with deliveries etc but please keep an eye out. I will post a list of notable things that may stand out. Fucking criminal shitheads... Now I have to spend the rest of day organizing repairs and rebooking appointments. Frustrating to say the least!

JRSC00LUDE
11-20-2018, 10:15 AM
I hate thieves, tough break Bob.

mr2mike
11-20-2018, 10:16 AM
Terrible news.
Hopefully local guys will report anything that looks suspicious for re-sale.

infamous
11-20-2018, 10:16 AM
bob that sucks. why stupid people think it's ok to steal other peoples shit is beyond me.

once you get more of an idea of what was taken, hopefully some things are not common and can be tracked down; please let us know when you find out and we can all keep a look out!

G-ZUS
11-20-2018, 10:20 AM
Sorry to hear that Bob :(

Rocket1k78
11-20-2018, 10:20 AM
Sorry to hear Bob. Post some pics and specs of what was stolen and id be surprised if the CSI guys here wouldn't be able to located them.

shakalaka
11-20-2018, 10:21 AM
Sorry to hear that. Hopefully you got security cameras etc that will help the police bust these stupid shit heads.

tonytiger55
11-20-2018, 10:52 AM
Sorry to hear Bob.. :(

jwslam
11-20-2018, 10:58 AM
why stupid people think it's ok to steal other peoples shit is beyond me.
Because the laws here allow you to get away with it, and if you do get caught it's never a big deal.

Hallowed_point
11-20-2018, 10:59 AM
I'll keep an eye out. Sad to see my fav local tire and wheel shop getting targeted

LilDrunkenSmurf
11-20-2018, 11:20 AM
Bob, that really sucks. I'll keep an eye out.

Asian_defender
11-20-2018, 11:23 AM
Shitty deal Bob, if you need a hand setting up new IT equipment or anything send me a PM

Rocket1k78
11-20-2018, 11:24 AM
Because the laws here allow you to get away with it, and if you do get caught it's never a big deal.

Hate to say it but thats 100% accurate

max_boost
11-20-2018, 11:31 AM
That's terrible and total violation. My store has been broken in to a couple times and it's just fkn PITA to deal with the aftermath.

03ozwhip
11-20-2018, 11:58 AM
Sorry to hear that man, always happens to good people.

jdmXSI
11-20-2018, 02:07 PM
Shit, sorry to hear. Will keep an eye out.

asp integra
11-20-2018, 02:19 PM
Damn I hate hearing shit like this. Hopefully beyond csi can help out and these fucks get caught (and beat to a pulp)

speedog
11-20-2018, 04:21 PM
...(and beat to a pulp)

Yeah, okay. So now you'll have a criminal charge against you.

tcon
11-20-2018, 05:05 PM
Disgusting. Hopefully some leads pop up

spikerS
11-20-2018, 05:24 PM
If I can help Bob, let me know! I have like a week off coming here starting thursday, so let me know. Tough break brother.

tirebob
11-20-2018, 05:29 PM
Just getting everything sorted out. Have a new bay door being installed tomorrow so that means we have a security guard spending the night tonight. Still have too go through all the inventory but it is looking like it was mostly truck stuff that got grabbed. Definitely a set of 35/12.50R17 General ATX's, 275/55R20 Duratracs, 35/12.50R17 Goodyear MTR's and some other stuff still not determined. I think at least a few sets of winters as well as other stuff. The Hunter Roadforce machine took a hit to when they smashed in and it seems fucked up. The repair guy is coming tomorrow to look at it. Also being down for a couple days at this time of year costs a lot of business. This blows..

HiSpec
11-20-2018, 06:50 PM
Just wondering if rims are serializrd. Not winter steelies but higher end wheels (eg Rays, Works, etc.)

ExtraSlow
11-20-2018, 06:57 PM
No idea how business insurance works, but hope they can help you make up for this loss and the loss of business.

Theives knew thier shit, truck tires are easy to sell.

Darell_n
11-20-2018, 07:39 PM
Commercial thefts are rampant right now. My job site north of the airport has had break-ins and theft EIGHT times now.

adam c
11-20-2018, 07:50 PM
Definitely sucks!

My office got hit a few weeks back, stole a bunch of HP laptops

Tik-Tok
11-20-2018, 07:53 PM
The Hunter Roadforce machine took a hit to when they smashed in and it seems fucked up. The repair guy is coming tomorrow to look at it. Also being down for a couple days at this time of year costs a lot of business. This blows..

FFFuuuuckk. That's gotta be the worst part.

soupey
11-20-2018, 08:22 PM
shiiit sorry to hear bob, did you have any cameras set up there?

cyra1ax
11-20-2018, 08:38 PM
Sorry to hear that Bob. Sounds like they know what they were looking for though, if you haven't already I would post up a notice on the Edmonton/Fort Mac area boards.
Did any of the other car guys down the street get hit as well?

Maxt
11-20-2018, 08:56 PM
I've worked in a few places that were hit like that, it's hard to defend against. Where I use to live a while back, thieves were putting a hook under the door, turning it, then yanking the doors out with a truck. All doors seem to have a certain amount of give to them to allow a hook under neath, so the only way I could find to stop it was plate the door and hasp the bottom to the pad. That eliminated all the lock slop out of the door.
Some places I've seen now have a swinging cage inside behind the over head door. Sucks to have to make your own place into a prison.

muse017
11-20-2018, 11:48 PM
No idea how business insurance works, but hope they can help you make up for this loss and the loss of business.

Theives knew thier shit, truck tires are easy to sell.

Sorry to hear Bob, Please keep us posted for what's stolen.

Business insurance should cover all of items stolen/repair + business interruption.
Make sure you keep all the receipts, invoices, delivery slips for the stolen goods. I'm pretty certain that you have some sort of inventory software in place.
As for the business interruption claim, prepare to deal with forensic accounting firm and they will ask a lot of evidence and paperwork from you.
I am still dealing with the insurance adjuster regarding the business interruption claim happened back in Feb 2018.

brucebanner
11-21-2018, 06:43 AM
Theft is terrible, low life's for sure. Hope you're back up and running normally quickly.

I'll keep an eye on kijiji etc. as I'm always looking through classifieds.

Homerrca
11-21-2018, 07:33 AM
First I am sorry to hear this happens. With regards to what was stolen, did anyone happen to put in orders for these tires/rims by chance? It could have been a simple smash and grab but if those tires/rims were spoken for, makes you wonder if they planned it? Best of luck in getting everything back to normal but it seems shoplifting and commercial thefts are on the rise.

legendboy
11-21-2018, 09:09 PM
Sorry to hear about this Bob. Bad shit always happens to good people it seems

I've worked in a few places that were hit like that, it's hard to defend against. Where I use to live a while back, thieves were putting a hook under the door, turning it, then yanking the doors out with a truck. All doors seem to have a certain amount of give to them to allow a hook under neath, so the only way I could find to stop it was plate the door and hasp the bottom to the pad. That eliminated all the lock slop out of the door.
Some places I've seen now have a swinging cage inside behind the over head door. Sucks to have to make your own place into a prison.

That is a good idea, I never thought about a hook. They tried to fish the wire to my garage alarm in the top corner and broke a wire set off the alarm. I moved the new mag switch and made a "wireless" install.

Just this last weekend I put a heavy duty security man door with welded astragal, steel frame, sargent hardware, mortise, new frame in. Went from 32 to 36 x 84. I guess I know what my next project is! residential version

jaylo
11-22-2018, 10:31 AM
Sorry to hear about this Bob. Bad shit always happens to good people it seems

That is a good idea, I never thought about a hook. They tried to fish the wire to my garage alarm in the top corner and broke a wire set off the alarm. I moved the new mag switch and made a "wireless" install.

Just this last weekend I put a heavy duty security man door with welded astragal, steel frame, sargent hardware, mortise, new frame in. Went from 32 to 36 x 84. I guess I know what my next project is! residential version

What part of N.E. do you live in?!

HiTempguy1
11-22-2018, 12:15 PM

I'm seriously considering putting in some sched 80 pipe triangular swing gates with poured concrete posts outside my shop and directly in front of the Quonset. I'm thankful in my first year of my business I haven't seen anything like this being rural and all. I also have lots of security flood lights and cameras up.

ercchry
11-23-2018, 12:39 AM
I would think some telescoping posts in front of the door would be less intrusive for space vs a cage... prevent smashing door and also prevent pulling the door out if close enough to building

JordanEG6
11-23-2018, 12:54 PM
Damn, sorry to hear Bob. That's terrible.

I will definitely keep an eye out for new wheels or tires for sale.

tirebob
11-24-2018, 10:46 AM
Just a quick update...

New bay door, security fence and lock with a welded box around it on the drop bar are all installed and the shop is secure again. Shop is back up and running. New road force machine is on order but will take a couple weeks. Just starting to get inventory caught up to see what is all gone, but definitely a set of 35/12.50R17 General ATX, 275/55R20 Duratracs, 35/12.50R17 Goodyear MTR's, 215/65R15 Federal WS2's and some more still to be determined. These above were all recent orders for clients that showed up and tires were gone after entering the invoices, but lots of stuff has been on the floor since summer that I have yet to discover. I can't think to much more because there were in and out in probably 15 to 20 minutes but I will know soon. They also grabbed a bunch of painting tools like guns etc from the wheel repair area and probably some more hand tools etc from the tire side, but we have so much variety of stuff it is hard to determine until you need it.

All in all, we are getting back on track. I am super moved by all the well wishers who have sent a kind word or stopped in. Thanks everyone!

speedog
11-24-2018, 10:51 AM
Almost sounds like someone else is expanding their business at your expense.

adam c
11-24-2018, 11:37 AM
Sounds like someone who has been in the shop before

Maxt
11-24-2018, 01:44 PM
I'm seriously considering putting in some sched 80 pipe triangular swing gates with poured concrete posts outside my shop and directly in front of the Quonset. I'm thankful in my first year of my business I haven't seen anything like this being rural and all. I also have lots of security flood lights and cameras up.
That seems to be the norm now for overhead door protection especially the beer stores and electronics shops. Its like a whack a mole game with these guys, you barricade the door, then they come through the roof or they come through the wall from an adjacent business. In rural its tough, because the isolation of many places gives the thieves a long time to work to take down the countermeasures. The door guy I hired last week was telling me the new method of entry for shops is just to chainsaw their way in. I am not all that opposed to cutting off thieves hands after the first offence.