PDA

View Full Version : Is Gestalt a Troll?

dirtsniffer
11-21-2018, 10:14 PM
What do you think? Genuine person or an alternate / troll account

shakalaka
11-21-2018, 10:39 PM
Although it's hard to imagine that someone like him can be anything but a troll, for some reason I have a feeling that it's just how he is. Different. Not that anything is wrong with that, why conform when you can stand out but I think he may have taken that ideology in a slightly wrong direction.

Tik-Tok
11-21-2018, 10:56 PM
It's a troll account that more than one person has access to. Just read their entire post history. Sometimes well thought out post structure, and excellent grammar, other times complete nonsense and every other word is spelt wrong.

So it's either two people, two persona's of a schizophrenic off their meds, or someone who posts while very drunk 90% of the time (and appears to be an alcoholic, from the increasingly bad posts).

spikerS
11-21-2018, 11:11 PM
it's a troll account for sure. No one is really that dumb. He flip flops his ideals so much between threads that his posts are obvious attempts to cause drama and elicit outrage from his over the top provocations.

It could be as tik-tok said, and more than 1 person using it, but I am not so sure. If it were me, I don't think I would want anyone knowing that Gesalt was my "alter ego".

Either way, it is someone that is posting shit they wouldn't want to be associated with their real account.

ercchry
11-21-2018, 11:14 PM
Not a troll... a troll is someone who tries to invoke a response and knows their behaviour is against social norms... no, he is being true to his beliefs

But probably multiple users (think the account is logged in on a shop computer) and yes... one of those users is 100% a very well known previous member

spikerS
11-21-2018, 11:34 PM
Not a troll... a troll is someone who tries to invoke a response and knows their behaviour is against social norms... no, he is being true to his beliefs

But probably multiple users (think the account is logged in on a shop computer) and yes... one of those users is 100% a very well known previous member

sooo....Toma? :rofl:

rage2
11-21-2018, 11:34 PM
It’s pretty funny how close to the truth some of you are. :rofl:

max_boost
11-22-2018, 12:52 AM
Forget gestalt

Zenops man lol

ExtraSlow
11-22-2018, 03:15 AM
Forget gestalt

Zenops man lol

Misterman
11-22-2018, 08:16 AM

This. I mean I haven't been here long, but the few posts of his I've seen barely make sense, let alone try to elicit a response. Seems like a disgruntled idiot.

LilDrunkenSmurf
11-22-2018, 08:31 AM
It’s pretty funny how close to the truth some of you are. :rofl:

Who's close?

revelations
11-22-2018, 09:31 AM
Probably Sheldon and Kenny just fucking around ..... :nut:

Masked Bandit
11-22-2018, 10:05 AM
I think it's a real guy, possibly bi-polar?

Darell_n
11-22-2018, 11:22 AM
I think it's a real guy, possibly bi-polar?

I don’t think Toma is bipolar.

killramos
11-22-2018, 11:23 AM
I don’t think he’s Bipolar, just dumb as a stump.

max_boost
11-22-2018, 11:39 AM
I was a Toma fan. Miss that guy

A790
11-22-2018, 12:48 PM

Ding ding ding!

dirtsniffer
11-22-2018, 02:04 PM
Rule 9.. Annoying everyone is enough of a reason to get yourself banned.

88% of people think he's a troll.. Time to say adios

mr2mike
11-22-2018, 03:12 PM
Nenshi has proven to me time and time again, majority doesn't always rule.

Tik-Tok
11-22-2018, 03:39 PM

There's no point though. You ban a troll, he comes back with a different name. You ban that one, they return again. You IP ban, they use very easy and free software to get around it. Ignoring trolls is the only thing that works.

Kg810
11-22-2018, 03:43 PM
Pretty sad if it's some old timer Beyonder trolling people for fun.

EK 2.0
11-22-2018, 03:48 PM
Pretty sad if it's some old timer Beyonder trolling people for fun.

Is it though??.....

Tik-Tok
11-22-2018, 03:51 PM
is it though??.....

it's you!!!!

BavarianBeast
11-22-2018, 03:54 PM
I get a kick out of trolls because I'm not easily offended and don't see the value in responding to them. The best part is when the sensitive people get their pitchforks to feed the troll.

:dunno:

revelations
11-23-2018, 10:46 AM
There's no point though. You ban a troll, he comes back with a different name. You ban that one, they return again. You IP ban, they use very easy and free software to get around it. Ignoring trolls is the only thing that works.

Its called a SHADOW BAN - but the mods here at least added ignore to quoted troll posts .

HiTempguy1
11-23-2018, 11:15 AM
and don't see the value in responding to them

This is the part I don't get, some people will have long winded conversations with the guy. Which is fine, but like why?

I personally don't see any harm in the guy, especially in him offering his (very) different opinions on things. But he doesn't really put out much coherent thought, which diminishes my desire to interact with him, hence him being on ignore.

Probably the most irritating thing is when people engage, and then they have a 50 page conversation with the one guy going in circular arguments and destroying a thread. Again, its just irritating, it doesn't really change anything for me or make me want to present a call for action. If some people get off on arguing against a wall (with bad spelling/grammar), okey dokey.

EK 2.0
11-23-2018, 11:33 AM
it's you!!!!

I wish....but I have a hard time not using ellipses all the time....in all of my typing platforms....so I don't have the attention to detail hahahaha.....

Misterman
11-23-2018, 02:39 PM
This is the part I don't get, some people will have long winded conversations with the guy. Which is fine, but like why?

I personally don't see any harm in the guy, especially in him offering his (very) different opinions on things. But he doesn't really put out much coherent thought, which diminishes my desire to interact with him, hence him being on ignore.

Probably the most irritating thing is when people engage, and then they have a 50 page conversation with the one guy going in circular arguments and destroying a thread. Again, its just irritating, it doesn't really change anything for me or make me want to present a call for action. If some people get off on arguing against a wall (with bad spelling/grammar), okey dokey.

Easy now. lol. I gave him one chance today with a reply that was spoon feeding exactly what he needed to answer if he wanted to be considered at all. It appears he has bailed now that his reply cannot simply be a personal attack. That's all I give, then it's on ignore for me too.

HiTempguy1
11-23-2018, 03:44 PM
Easy now. lol.

This wasn't directed at you. I specifically seem to remember Sugarphreak at one point had like a 3 page discussion that was completely pointless, and I was just like "why? What is the actual point?"

I love to argue, but that sort of shit is exhausting.

spikerS
11-23-2018, 05:11 PM
I love to argue, but that sort of shit is exhausting.

Me too. But once people start getting me off on a tangent, I forget why I was arguing in the first place. But I also think that is 2/3rds of Beyond...

speedog
11-23-2018, 05:37 PM
Its called a SHADOW BAN - but the mods here at least added ignore to quoted troll posts .

One can still have fun with that.

Maybe just be the better human and just not respond, I've never put anyone on ignore on any forum I've been a member of. What i have found is that any true trolls will just cease posting if they do not get the reaction they're looking for. Just be the better person instead of looking for shortcuts like ignore functions.

Sugarphreak
11-24-2018, 02:39 PM