PDA

View Full Version : Rear window busted out with a vape battery on crowchild

CMW403
12-08-2018, 02:57 PM
Girlfriends dad came home two nights ago with the rear passenger side window of his car busted out and one of those big vaporizer batteries laying on the back seat.

Obvious road rage incident, he says he changed into the fast lane to get around a car going 65 in the middle lane northbound passing sarcee, I guess there was someone hauling ass in a range rover in the fast lane that he accidentally cut off... Now I wasn't in the car and I have never driven with this man, but he says that he shoulder checked quickly and saw this guy coming, but claims when he shoulder checked there was ample room for him to change lanes in front of this RR. I guess the guy in the RR took offence to being cut off, because he allegedly cut two lanes right and went around the slow car so that he could pull up beside GF father...

At this point he admits that he realized he cut the guy in the RR off but also says he must have been going 140+km/h, he waived in half apologetic, half "yeah I see you", when all of a sudden he hears a smash and felt some small pieces of glass hit the right hand side of his face. He looked back and saw that the passenger side window was cracked, followed by a second smash, this time large pieces of glass flying around inside the car, and then he saw the RR pull off as hard as he could as the driver side rear window was rolling up.

Keep in mind I am telling this story from a second hand point of view but holy fuck... what is with this type of savagery?

He says it was a brand new RR white with matte black trim and black wheels (Autobiography??), tint all the way around.

No, he never got the plate. He said it pulled away like he was at a stand still and he heard the whine of a supercharger (another reason I'm thinking it was an autobiography), How many RR AB's do you think we have in calgary?

I don't "vape" so none of us had any idea what the hell type of battery it was, I had to google the serial number.

Watch out for a group of psychos in a white RR I guess?

Star1995
12-08-2018, 03:21 PM
What does the video show from his dash cam? Oh right! your Christmas shopping is almost done, you're welcome...

CMW403
12-08-2018, 03:38 PM
from what I understand about the situation the only thing the dash cam would have caught would be the license plate... and then its his word against the guys in the RR.

I don't think the police are going to attempt to draw prints off of the battery over something like this...

ExtraSlow
12-08-2018, 03:42 PM
File a police report, then an insurance claim, then get car fixed. Easy. Not your problem to track down the range rover ragers.

revelations
12-08-2018, 03:50 PM
from what I understand about the situation the only thing the dash cam would have caught would be the license plate... and then its his word against the guys in the RR.

I don't think the police are going to attempt to draw prints off of the battery over something like this...

no, thats not the case. A video and audio of the event would lead a judge to believe the witness statement of the accuser over the defendant. Further evidence would be provided by said history of the defendant.

The issue is - know who the driver was.

CMW403
12-08-2018, 04:17 PM
File a police report, then an insurance claim, then get car fixed. Easy. Not your problem to track down the range rover ragers.

All of that has been done.

Just throwing it up on beyond incase someone else encounters them.

I guess mods can move to Street Encounters if they see fit.

killramos
12-08-2018, 04:39 PM
Encounters what? Douche Bags in a Range Rover?

Doesn’t really narrow the list... hahaha

Disoblige
12-08-2018, 05:07 PM
Actually it might not be too hard to track this guy on some city cameras since there is time and area he was in. May be catchable since not many White Supercharged RRs on the road.

ExtraSlow
12-08-2018, 05:12 PM
Actually it might not be too hard to track this guy on some city cameras since there is time and area he was in. May be catchable since not many White Supercharged RRs on the road. didn't someone post that calgary traffic cams don't even record?

CMW403
12-08-2018, 06:49 PM
didn't someone post that calgary traffic cams don't even record?

So the only purpose they serve is live stream, and nothing gets saved whatsoever?

With the cost of digital storage what it is today, that is pretty damn sad.

ExtraSlow
12-08-2018, 06:56 PM
So the only purpose they serve is live stream, and nothing gets saved whatsoever?

With the cost of digital storage what it is today, that is pretty damn sad.
I can't recall who posted that, don't we have a COC traffic engineer as a member? Anyway, that was something to do with privacy I think. Basically, even the cops can't use the regular traffic cams to investigate crimes. Unless 1) I'm mistaken or 2) it's changed.

J-hop
12-09-2018, 10:51 AM
According to the CoC’s site most of what we think are traffic cameras (at intersections) aren’t really cameras they are instead of sensors in the ground to detect vehicle presence.

The rest of the traffic cameras are only for livestream or recording during traffic studies.

http://www.calgary.ca/Transportation/Roads/Pages/Traffic/Traffic-management/Traffic-monitoring-cameras.aspx

bjstare
12-09-2018, 11:28 AM
FWIW Supercharged does not mean autobiography. RR supercharged and RR sport supercharged aren't that rare.

The fact they had a spare vape battery lying around indicates they were probably massive douchebags, but I'd love to hear the other side of this story.

npham
12-09-2018, 08:55 PM
You guys don't carry spare D batteries in your cars for these situations?

Sugarphreak
12-09-2018, 09:18 PM

Thaco
12-09-2018, 09:56 PM
18650's were laptop batteries before they were vape batteries. (they're actually great for flashlights as well)

Tik-Tok
12-09-2018, 10:25 PM
18650's were laptop batteries before they were vape batteries. (they're actually great for flashlights as well)

They're also in most Li-ion power tools these days.

ercchry
12-09-2018, 10:47 PM
Probably kids out in their trophy wife mom’s SUV... white RR describes every other driveway in west Calgary :rofl:

dirtsniffer
12-09-2018, 11:17 PM
Who's the biggest douche?

A. Someone who drives a range rover
B. Someone who vapes
C. Someone who cuts off people in the left lane

bjstare
12-10-2018, 10:38 AM
Probably kids out in their trophy wife mom’s SUV... white RR describes every other driveway in west Calgary :rofl:

Truth. I can count on seeing 2-3 every time I'm at the grocery store.

J-hop
12-10-2018, 10:59 AM
Maybe that giant mega-douche who used to run around in the white Dodge Ram with the LP "JASWAL" got a new whip? haha

Who is that person? I’ve definitely had an incident with them. I don’t remember what vehicle that plate was on but I remember it being a wtf moment

Sugarphreak
12-10-2018, 05:09 PM