PDA

View Full Version : Dashcam saved me $4500.... Do yourself a favor and get one.

Thaco
12-12-2018, 02:28 PM
This guy tried to blame me .. I was too close... He couldn't see me in his mirrors, parking lot is 50/50... Every excuse in the book... As soon as I told him had a dash cam it was game over... Wrote off my car from this little bump. (06 Mazda 3) $4500 in damage.

https://youtu.be/rlys2pfS3v8

Dashcam I use and currently suggest is a voifo 119s, $130 on Amazon, can get it a bit cheaper on sale sometimes.

Tik-Tok
12-12-2018, 02:30 PM
Also check monthly to make sure it's working. Mine wasn't when I need it to. Stopped recording 2 weeks earlier :(

rage2
12-12-2018, 02:31 PM
Off topic, but what's the point of bumpers when the exact reason they're so regulated is that it saves high costs in slow accidents such as this but still result in $4500 worth of damange?

revelations
12-12-2018, 02:33 PM
^ definitely - cheap SD cards dont seem to do nearly as well either

firebane
12-12-2018, 02:35 PM
Off topic, but what's the point of bumpers when the exact reason they're so regulated is that it saves high costs in slow accidents such as this but still result in $4500 worth of damange?

What I find so funny is that what we call a "bumper" is really nothing more than plastic and foam.

Tik-Tok
12-12-2018, 02:36 PM

"Crumple zone" and "save lives" and all that. I can't believe how much the cost of repairing my truck was. I was sandwiched on Deerfoot, ZERO frame damage, ZERO mechanical damage, just front and back components (not even fenders or quarter panels)... $13g!

Thaco
12-12-2018, 02:40 PM
The truck was definitely lifted.. his bumper slid up my bumper and in to my grill/hood

Would have needed a new hood, fender, grille, bumper cover, anD headlight... No frame damage.

tonytiger55
12-12-2018, 02:42 PM
Holy crap!!! Glad you had the dash cam OP.

Ive had similar near misses with cars rolling back, changing lanes, or just blatantly pulling out in front of me from a side road.

definitely - cheap SD cards dont seem to do nearly as well either

Yeah, make sure it has a fast write speed too.

botox
12-12-2018, 02:55 PM
Good for you that wasn't even in the parking lot and I like the parking lot 50/50 BS. That only happens if either side can't prove they were innocent with no witnesses or dashcams.

Also check monthly to make sure it's working. Mine wasn't when I need it to. Stopped recording 2 weeks earlier :(
I always have a new spare for this reason as they only seem to last 2-3 years. I also mount mine just below my rear view mirror so I can see that it's recording or not.

Tik-Tok
12-12-2018, 02:59 PM
I always have a new spare for this reason as they only seem to last 2-3 years. I also mount mine just below my rear view mirror so I can see that it's recording or not.

The weird thing is, usually the dashcam tells me when it isn't working. It typically screams "PLEASE CHECK THE SD CARD!!!" non-stop at me as soon as something stops working on it. Not a peep this time.

Ekliptix
12-12-2018, 03:15 PM
Thanks for the tip on the memory card. My camera stopped working a while back, so I just ordered a better card. I suspect it'll fix the issue.

Sky
12-12-2018, 03:20 PM
Glad to know you got the dashcam. Coming slow to a stop at the lights and I was rear ended 2 years ago and had both front and back cameras. Super easy dealing with insurance company with the video. 2 channel dashcam are cheap these days, don't cheap out.

I think the GLA was well built and perhaps exceeding minimum low speed crash test standards. Only had a scuff on a small piece of plastic trim, everything else was solid.

ZmMVRsL9r-4

Chester
12-12-2018, 03:22 PM
These are the cards to go with, never let me down, and they're cheaper now then when I bought some.

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00V5Q1N1I/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Chester
12-12-2018, 03:31 PM
Glad to know you got the dashcam. Coming slow to a stop at the lights and I was rear ended 2 years ago and had both front and back cameras. Super easy dealing with insurance company with the video. 2 channel dashcam are cheap these days, don't cheap out.

I think the GLA was well built and perhaps exceeding minimum low speed crash test standards. Only had a scuff on a small piece of plastic trim, everything else was solid.

ZmMVRsL9r-4

Where the fuck was that guy goin!?

schocker
12-12-2018, 03:34 PM
Yeah, I have an older papago dash cam, and never noticed it only took SDHC and had a SDXC card in it for a while and it was recording nothing. Will get a newer cam when I upgrade cars.

D'z Nutz
12-12-2018, 03:54 PM
These are such cheap insurance, it just blows my mind some peoples' excuses to not have one, ie: I'll get one after I get in an accident, I don't like the way it looks, etc.

Glad you nailed the fucker... er... for nailing you haha

KPHMPH
12-12-2018, 04:17 PM
Even my work trucks have them! Such cheap insurance in any situation.

eglove
12-12-2018, 04:21 PM

ZmMVRsL9r-4

I love how the crackhead in the passenger seat creamed her head on the dashboard lol

rage2
12-12-2018, 04:23 PM
Great recommended videos from yours.

What 2ch dashcam are you using? Looking to upgrade.

taemo
12-12-2018, 04:51 PM
bought this on Amazon and installed it on my WRX in September for this exact reason, hopefully I'll never have to use it for claim.
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07CVS3WSW/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

thinking of buying this for my civic
https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B079P18YRK/?coliid=I3JZTN14X024MM&colid=1IAPY83SPJMSI&psc=0&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

Thaco
12-12-2018, 05:00 PM
bought this on Amazon and installed it on my WRX in September for this exact reason, hopefully I'll never have to use it for claim.
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07CVS3WSW/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

thinking of buying this for my civic
https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B079P18YRK/?coliid=I3JZTN14X024MM&colid=1IAPY83SPJMSI&psc=0&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

I've always liked the concept of those but thought they'd be to obvious and targeted for theft... Also the more things in one device the more things that could go wring with it.

Sky
12-12-2018, 05:09 PM

It's Lukas LK-7950 https://canadadashcam.com/lukas-lk-7950-gps-wd-dashcam.html which I bought from Costco and has been problem free. Only issue the main camera is a bit big. You can probablly get a smaller and better 2-channel for less money now.

Tik-Tok
12-12-2018, 05:11 PM
So the screen is always on? That would mess me up so much looking in the rear view.

dj_rice
12-12-2018, 05:14 PM

ZmMVRsL9r-4

The passenger hitting their head on the dash. Ouch...

16hypen3sp
12-12-2018, 05:58 PM
I love how the crackhead in the passenger seat creamed her head on the dashboard lol

Hahaha, I was just going to say that.

I watched it over and over again. Very satisfying.

rage2
12-12-2018, 06:21 PM
The passenger hitting their head on the dash. Ouch...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9LPlqw7nWts

Brent.ff
12-12-2018, 06:23 PM
what stop light were you slowing down there for? Isn’t that light only activated for the fire dept?

Sky
12-12-2018, 06:31 PM
what stop light were you slowing down there for? Isn’t that light only activated for the fire dept?

16 ave/19 st. There was another car right in front of me slowing down.

J-hop
12-12-2018, 06:34 PM
16 ave/19 st. There was another car right in front of me slowing down.

Was going to say, that intersection gets pretty backed

94boosted
12-12-2018, 06:36 PM
Would have loved to see the douchebags facial expression as soon as you told him you had a dashcam :rofl:

tonytiger55
12-12-2018, 07:04 PM
The weird thing is, usually the dashcam tells me when it isn't working. It typically screams "PLEASE CHECK THE SD CARD!!!" non-stop at me as soon as something stops working on it. Not a peep this time.

What dash cam do you have? At low temperatures does it say check SD card..?
When its super cold (-20c), mine sometimes says Check SD Card until cabin temperature comes up a bit.

Tik-Tok
12-12-2018, 09:00 PM
What dash cam do you have? At low temperatures does it say check SD card..?
When its super cold (-20c), mine sometimes says Check SD Card until cabin temperature comes up a bit.

An old Blackvue DR400(?) I had a much newer nicer one that I ended up selling with my 4Runner. Threw this one in my truck just to tide me over while I shopped for a new one, but that bit me in the ass, as I got lazy and forgot.

TurboMedic
12-12-2018, 09:49 PM
So the screen is always on? That would mess me up so much looking in the rear view.

I have mine set to turn off the screen after 1 minute, and then just a small flashing LED tells me its recording. I had to make it do that, the screen was making my auto dimming mirrors not work because its placed infront of the rearview mirror, where the ambient light sensor is. The screen was making the truck think it was daylight all the time

HiSpec
12-12-2018, 10:03 PM

I watched the video three times. I laugh harder each time the video gets to that part. :rofl:

LilDrunkenSmurf
12-12-2018, 10:12 PM

I have a DOD RXW8, the screen shuts off 15 sec after you start the car. I bought mine to be less obvious in the convertible vs a traditional dash cam to steal when I was top down parked.

tcon
12-13-2018, 04:13 AM
Funny story...
I got pulled over for "speeding" on the Stoney few years ago in my WRX. I swear I was only going like 5 km over, as I just pulled out after an AMG SUV and big truck passed by in the left, so I could go around an 18-wheeler. Anyway, it seemed like profiling to me, because the other two vehicles didnt get pulled over. Right after I got my ticket I was thinking 'heh this will be easy to dispute with my dash ca-' and I saw the light wasnt on... I got home and checked the footage, it had died literally 10 minutes before. Talk about bad fockin luck. I ended up going downtown to get it reduced to no points just $$$. Still a kick in the nuts.

shakalaka
12-13-2018, 07:59 AM
I had a Compustar 2-way dash cam installed from Visions on my X5M for something like $500. The car kept throwing codes non-stop, specifically high battery discharge every time I would start it up after a long stop. I could turn it off when stopped but that was part of the reason for getting one to make sure no one fucks with it but yea that sign bothered the heck out of me so went back and returned it. They never refunded me for the installation $180 or so and that was a waste. But since that experience I haven't bothered getting them installed in my cars...just can't deal with the codes. That dash cam even had that battery tender or whatever it's called that was supposed to a auto shut it down if it went below a certain level but the code on the car kept coming and it ruined it for me. Would love to get another one done in all 3 vehicles but just can't risk this code nonsense again.

J-hop
12-13-2018, 08:14 AM
I had a Compustar 2-way dash cam installed from Visions on my X5M for something like $500. The car kept throwing codes non-stop, specifically high battery discharge every time I would start it up after a long stop. I could turn it off when stopped but that was part of the reason for getting one to make sure no one fucks with it but yea that sign bothered the heck out of me so went back and returned it. They never refunded me for the installation $180 or so and that was a waste. But since that experience I haven't bothered getting them installed in my cars...just can't deal with the codes. That dash cam even had that battery tender or whatever it's called that was supposed to a auto shut it down if it went below a certain level but the code on the car kept coming and it ruined it for me. Would love to get another one done in all 3 vehicles but just can't risk this code nonsense again.

What other codes was it throwing?

Sounds like the car is able to detect parasitic drains or you were draining the battery way down (if you were doing something like leaving it on for a week). I haven’t compared the power draw but I’m guessing it would be similar to leaving a domelight on constantly.

Even with the battery saver IMO they aren’t really meant as surveillance cameras, especially in the winter that would be a bad idea

taemo
12-13-2018, 08:36 AM
I've always liked the concept of those but thought they'd be to obvious and targeted for theft... Also the more things in one device the more things that could go wring with it.

It is less obvious than an external dash cam hanging on your windshield.
And it is not a complicated device, I treat it as a dashcam with rear view mirror, it gets power from a power plug and the rear cam is only one wire.
There's a red wire that you connect to your reverse tail light so that the rear cam turns on your rear view mirror when reversing but on mine it doesn't work, no big deal as I'm used to reversing and can always tap on the mirror to see the rear cam

The screen turns on for 15 or 30 seconds when you start your car then turns off, so it just acts as a regular rear view mirror.
But you can always tap on the mirror to view the screen or take a picture or stop recording when you end up on an accident.
Also the dash cam has an internal battery with motion sensor so that while parked outside and someone hits you, it turns on quickly and take a picture or video.

realazy
12-13-2018, 09:12 AM

BMWs tell you when there is a drain on the battery. The compustar basically stays on until it reaches a voltage set point. Either way, the BMW will sense that the battery voltage is lower than when the car shut down and give you that warning. There's really no way around that if you want a dash cam with parking mode.

On the other hand, your xB would have no issues with that.

shakalaka
12-13-2018, 09:35 AM
What other codes was it throwing?

Sounds like the car is able to detect parasitic drains or you were draining the battery way down (if you were doing something like leaving it on for a week). I haven’t compared the power draw but I’m guessing it would be similar to leaving a domelight on constantly.

Even with the battery saver IMO they aren’t really meant as surveillance cameras, especially in the winter that would be a bad idea

It was just the abnormal battery discharge sign which would occur if the car was parked for about 4 hours or more. If I drove it around for a while and turned it off and on, it would go away. But the same thing in the morning after it being parked for overnight.

BMWs tell you when there is a drain on the battery. The compustar basically stays on until it reaches a voltage set point. Either way, the BMW will sense that the battery voltage is lower than when the car shut down and give you that warning. There's really no way around that if you want a dash cam with parking mode.

On the other hand, your xB would have no issues with that.

Was that maybe a Compustar thing and if I try another brand it may be different? I know for sure that the camera didn't stay on the whole time and it would only come on if it detected movement or something but if you're parked somewhere there are always vehicles or people moving around so I guess it would be on a lot. Perhaps there was a way to reduce sensitivity or something but I don't think so.

Yea xB isn't really gonna have any issues but don't know if I wanna bother with one in that particularly. I think parking mode is really one of the main advantages of having dash cams as it's not like we live in China where they have those deliberate injury scams going on here where people purposely throw themselves at your car. xB is pretty much always parked outside on the driveway unless I am visiting Calgary or going somewhere else on the highway so not too sure if even really worth it on that.

tha_bandit
12-13-2018, 10:36 AM
It was just the abnormal battery discharge sign which would occur if the car was parked for about 4 hours or more. If I drove it around for a while and turned it off and on, it would go away. But the same thing in the morning after it being parked for overnight.

This happens on my car as well, i have a blackvue with the magic power pro (battery drain protection) which can only be set to 11.7V, that seems like it is too low for newer cars. Having the dashcam on eventually killed the battery. I have since turned it off, you can get other devices which are configurable to 12.2, 12.4V, etc. I am most likely going to have to switch this blackvue thing out.

Mitsu3000gt
12-13-2018, 10:53 AM
Every time I see the white lights come on in front of me I get so scared haha. Even people who for some reason throw their car into park for a 20 second light, that little flash of white always gives me a jolt of terror. If they stay on I just lay on the horn and hope for the best, or reverse (if possible). I've saved myself from at least one guaranteed accident by being prepared in reverse (nobody behind me) when some idiot put it in reverse at a stop light and actually hit the gas.

revelations
12-13-2018, 11:28 AM
If you're serious about vehicle monitoring, get a small gel cell for the dash cam on a parallel circuit.

realazy
12-13-2018, 11:51 AM
Was that maybe a Compustar thing and if I try another brand it may be different? I know for sure that the camera didn't stay on the whole time and it would only come on if it detected movement or something but if you're parked somewhere there are always vehicles or people moving around so I guess it would be on a lot. Perhaps there was a way to reduce sensitivity or something but I don't think so.

No, BMWs (not sure what other makes) are very sensitive to voltage changes, I don't believe you can have a parking mode that runs off the car if you want to avoid the warning. The suggestion from revelations to wire in a separate circuit is probably the only way to avoid the warnings. You can maybe look into cameras with built in batteries, but I can't imagine them fairing very well in extreme cold or heat.

403ep3
12-13-2018, 12:18 PM
I've got Dash cams in both my vehicles and bought two for the in-laws for Christmas. Had an accident in the states a couple years ago and it would have been nice to have proof instead of he said, she said.

Lot's of near misses and stupid people get caught (and saved) on video :P

jdmXSI
12-13-2018, 12:24 PM
shakalaka Have you thought about getting the BMW Advanced eye sight camera? It seems to have pretty good reviews: https://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1136633

jaylo
12-13-2018, 03:35 PM

I switched from Blackvue to Thinkware and way better user interface and overall quality.

https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/thinkware-full-hd-1080p-dashcam-rear-camera-with-wi-fi-gps/12943273.aspx?

jaylo
12-13-2018, 03:39 PM
If you're serious about vehicle monitoring, get a small gel cell for the dash cam on a parallel circuit.

Would insurance cover this in the event the system malfunctions and burn your vehicle down? Probably not. I don't even think dash cams are considered OEM and will fall under aftermarket modifications.

dirtsniffer
12-13-2018, 03:46 PM
good reminder thanks.

revelations
12-13-2018, 03:49 PM
Would insurance cover this in the event the system malfunctions and burn your vehicle down? Probably not. I don't even think dash cams are considered OEM and will fall under aftermarket modifications.

Holy fuck, yes. Thats what insurance is for, accidents. You just have to make sure you have THAT coverage (fire/theft, etc.).

bjstare
12-13-2018, 04:00 PM
I switched from Blackvue to Thinkware and way better user interface and overall quality.

https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/thinkware-full-hd-1080p-dashcam-rear-camera-with-wi-fi-gps/12943273.aspx?

Did you compare to the F200DG? Looks like the diff is 720p rear instead of 1080. But it's cheaper.

Thaco
12-13-2018, 04:49 PM
Yeah just a small battery with an isolator or something should work.

shakalaka
12-13-2018, 08:46 PM
shakalaka Have you thought about getting the BMW Advanced eye sight camera? It seems to have pretty good reviews: https://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1136633

I hadn't really heard about that actually - sounds pretty cool and price isn't too bad either. May look into that. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

benyl
12-13-2018, 09:10 PM
I have an A119S v2 in both cars. After this thread, I just ordered two more for the rears.

max_boost
12-13-2018, 10:17 PM
I like to live dangerously. No dash cams for me lol

?????
12-13-2018, 11:17 PM
Mine also saved me a few bucks! All 3 with the same vehicle. :hitit:

Parked Hit & Run -
https://streamable.com/4t9fd
Side Swiped -
https://streamable.com/e8iag
Accidental Reverse (Similar to OP) -
https://streamable.com/7k9f6

Brent.ff
12-14-2018, 07:42 AM
The look on that guys face in the reverse is almost as good as the bouncing the head off the dashboard

The Cosworth
12-15-2018, 05:07 PM
Mine also saved me a few bucks! All 3 with the same vehicle. :hitit:

Parked Hit & Run -
https://streamable.com/4t9fd
Side Swiped -
https://streamable.com/e8iag
Accidental Reverse (Similar to OP) -
https://streamable.com/7k9f6

Man you got some bad luck. Was #1 clear enough to see the plate? How long does yours record for when parked? Any battery issues?

finboy
12-15-2018, 07:58 PM
Reminder much appreciated, my car got a major door ding from some dumb bitch, if I had a dash cam I might have been able to go after her for the repair, which is looking about the cost of a dash cam just to get the dent pdr’d, never mind the paint.

Lex350
12-17-2018, 09:09 AM
Served Op right for going to Denny's in the first place. Nothing good happens at Denny's. :rofl:

I've had my dash-cam for a few years now. It was a video posted here that made me get it. I think it was some guys girlfriend was driving his BMW on the bridge over Stoney and a guy in a civic tried to do an insurance scam but they had a cam. Not sure if those details are correct. I just got back from PV and I'm still in a tequila fog. :eek:

BerserkerCatSplat
12-17-2018, 09:58 AM
I think it was some guys girlfriend was driving his BMW on the bridge over Stoney and a guy in a civic tried to do an insurance scam but they had a cam. Not sure if those details are correct. I just got back from PV and I'm still in a tequila fog. :eek:

Yeah I think it was the Beddington overpass, she would have been dinged for a 100% at-fault accident without the cam.

chongkee_
12-17-2018, 10:27 AM
Had mine for a while now since that dash cam video from the 401 popped up where they were in traffic and the guy infront rolled back to the car behind but said he got rear ended.
Changed his tune pretty quick.

Had an accident over the summer where an Uber driver pulled out from street parking without looking and I ended up hitting him.
Exchanged information then I walked away thinking it was an open and shut case.
Then insurance told me that the Uber driver is claiming that I hit him while while he was parked.
Since it was my word against his it wouldn've been 50/50 according to the adjuster.
Then I sent them the footage from my dashcam, my adjuster was so excited when she saw the footage.

Twin_Cam_Turbo
12-17-2018, 10:32 AM
Decided I’m getting one for both my truck and car after this thread. Never had one before.

D'z Nutz
12-17-2018, 10:42 AM
I've had my dash-cam for a few years now. It was a video posted here that made me get it. I think it was some guys girlfriend was driving his BMW on the bridge over Stoney and a guy in a civic tried to do an insurance scam but they had a cam. Not sure if those details are correct. I just got back from PV and I'm still in a tequila fog. :eek:

Yup, that's when I decided to get one too.

https://forums.beyond.ca/threads/369513-Seeking-witness-NB-Deerfoot-Beddington-(video-inside)

?????
12-17-2018, 02:01 PM
Man you got some bad luck. Was #1 clear enough to see the plate? How long does yours record for when parked? Any battery issues?

Haha yup and then it got written off by hail.

When I zoomed in I was able to identify most of the plate and it matched with the vehicle description of a guy that lived up the street.
Cop was VERY upset when he called the guy and he denied it happened and then changed his story that he left a note when clearly you can see him stop and look at his own vehicle.

It records till the voltage cutoff you set on your hardwire kit if your camera comes with parking mode. Depends on how cold it is and if you're parked in a high traffic area.
Yes, I've had battery issues with kits that don't have accurate cut off voltages. It's best to get a battery cell if you can afford it to prevent battery issues.

I think there may be a cheap external battery alternative but I haven't looked into it.

Thaco
12-18-2018, 10:02 PM
Served Op right for going to Denny's in the first place. Nothing good happens at Denny's. :rofl:

in my defence it was the mcdonalds divethru, although i am not sure that's better than dennys

Chantastic
12-23-2018, 12:02 PM
I've looked around at the recommendations on here and...they all look pretty visible? I know some are quite small but my concern is theft. Maybe I'm paranoid, but are there any out there that are able to mount close enough to the rear view mirror that they blend in/look like a part of the mirror assembly? I realize they're not as expensive as a fancy stereo or a radar detector, but they look very easy to steal quickly.

Thanks in advance.

spikerS
12-23-2018, 12:46 PM
I've looked around at the recommendations on here and...they all look pretty visible? I know some are quite small but my concern is theft. Maybe I'm paranoid, but are there any out there that are able to mount close enough to the rear view mirror that they blend in/look like a part of the mirror assembly? I realize they're not as expensive as a fancy stereo or a radar detector, but they look very easy to steal quickly.

Thanks in advance.

I have had my trucks broken into a few times, and each time they have ignored my dash cam. They are not worth that much that crooks want to steal them.

eblend
12-23-2018, 06:50 PM

Thanks in advance.

Sure, on both of my rides I have dash cam right in front of the mirror right at the top. The one in this picture on my crosstrek has just enough room to slide up a bit off the mount to retrieve the memory card if needed. These things are so cheap, theft has never been a concern to me...plus I don't live in the NE..perhaps that's a thing over there..

https://photos.smugmug.com/Cars/Subaru-Crosstrek/i-3Mhv9nh/0/38ff5212/XL/IMG_20170819_102714-XL.jpg

Last year I got sideswiped while in my wife's car, had the dashcam...the guy quickly shut up once I told him I had it...as he was screaming at me for going too fast...Perhaps I should have slowed down more, but if I was the van I wouldn't have even gone, nevermind the guy behind him. This was with an old shitty dashcam, but good enough to get an idea. My new car has a much better cam, the A119S a few mentioned.

hJtvwOCu1f8

Chantastic
12-23-2018, 11:31 PM
Thanks guys! eblend is the A119S the one pictured/you're using on the Crosstrek?

Even in the SW condo I was living in, cars would get broken into for next to nothing. My car was always fine, because everything was always hidden. I'd like to keep it that way as much as possible.

eblend
12-23-2018, 11:57 PM
Thanks guys! eblend is the A119S the one pictured/you're using on the Crosstrek?

Even in the SW condo I was living in, cars would get broken into for next to nothing. My car was always fine, because everything was always hidden. I'd like to keep it that way as much as possible.

Weird, I guess my car is in the garage when not at work so I don't even think about it. And yes that is the 119s in the crosstrek

Chantastic
12-24-2018, 01:12 AM
Thanks

Thaco
12-24-2018, 11:14 AM
I think the 119s is the best of all worlds personally, very discreet if you put it behind the mirror, and great quality/reliability, that said i did just buy the mirror one someone linked in here earlier, just because i needed the backup cam functionality as well.

nagooro
12-24-2018, 08:24 PM
Is this the one you guys have? Think ill order one.

https://www.amazon.ca/VIOFO-DashCam-included-IMX291-Novatek/dp/B01MFAK888/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1545704536&sr=8-3&keywords=viofo+a119s

HiSpec
12-24-2018, 09:41 PM
Does anyone have a separate dashcam for rental vehicles when travelling? If so which one is recommended?

Lex350
12-25-2018, 08:11 AM
his is the model I run.