PDA

View Full Version : Holmes and Watson - save your money

J-hop
12-29-2018, 07:48 AM
After a long week I was feeling like a movie that was low brow, not much thinking involved (if any) and funny.

Holy shit was that bad. I often end up liking movies that critics hate but this was the one time where I found critics were bang on.

Wasn’t even funny in the least, I laughed maybe once the entire movie and for the most part the theatre was quiet.

Bad outdated (topical) jokes, Will Ferrell was terrible, John C Reilly was ok at best, terrible overdoing of jokes to the point they weren’t funny. Bad supporting roles.

To put it in perspective the funniest joke I found in the entire movie was a throw up joke and I laugh regardless at those

J.M.
12-29-2018, 10:32 AM
Saw this opening day.

Probably the shittiest movie I’ve ever seen. Nothing was funny, was hoping it would be even half as good as Step Brothers was.

I should have left and watched Aquaman instead.

J-hop
12-29-2018, 10:42 AM
Saw this opening day.

Probably the shittiest movie I’ve ever seen. Nothing was funny, was hoping it would be even half as good as Step Brothers was.

I should have left and watched Aquaman instead.

Yea I’ve never walked out of a movie in my life and probably never will but this one tested me, I downed my coke hoping it would at least give me a pee break but at only 90 minutes I didn’t get the chance

D'z Nutz
12-29-2018, 10:42 AM
I stopped finding Will Ferrell funny long ago so this never would have appealed to me, but it did surprise me when I saw this article cause I know he's got a lot of fans out there

https://news.avclub.com/holmes-watson-reportedly-tested-so-poorly-not-even-n-1831368397

JRSC00LUDE
12-29-2018, 11:28 AM
There weren't 3 seconds of my life where I thought this would be even remotely worth watching.

J-hop
12-29-2018, 02:35 PM
I stopped finding Will Ferrell funny long ago so this never would have appealed to me, but it did surprise me when I saw this article cause I know he's got a lot of fans out there

https://news.avclub.com/holmes-watson-reportedly-tested-so-poorly-not-even-n-1831368397

Yea not going to lie I’ve never understood will ferrell’s Humour. He’s like a 1 dimensional Steve Carell.

Talladega nights, step brothers, anchorman etc were funny in spite of him

bourge73
12-29-2018, 06:13 PM
Yea not going to lie I’ve never understood will ferrell’s Humour. He’s like a 1 dimensional Steve Carell.

Talladega nights, step brothers, anchorman etc were funny in spite of him

Thanks for saving me some money Jhop does it again ;)

J-hop
12-29-2018, 07:28 PM
Thanks for saving me some money Jhop does it again ;)

Just looking out :D