PDA

View Full Version : Calgary Automotive Enthusiast’s Haunts.

Nitro Nik
12-30-2018, 01:36 PM
Hello everyone and happy new years to all! So, I have been looking for quite some time now any sort of place in Calgary that has become “The location” where car people meet if such a place exists.

The main reason I’m looking is because I am an owner of Dark Side Racing’s, Top Fuel Dragster ( http://www.darkside.ca and Facebook https://www.facebook.com/darkside.ca ); And with the 2019 season starting soon we have a second car on the way. We are looking for people interested to join our volunteer crew, so if there are people here that are interested please let me know, and if you know people interested please spread the word.

Also, I’m looking to get out and hang out with people with similar passions as I have. Have a few beers and swap project stories.

Thanks for your time reading this!

Nitro Nik.

dj_rice
12-30-2018, 10:18 PM
Barlow

Bullshit Corner

Twin_Cam_Turbo
12-31-2018, 06:48 PM
Although I’ve met some great people at Barlow, it’s also the cesspool of the automotive world in Calgary too imo. One time this year a bunch of Jeep bros had a fire going on the concrete in front of their trucks. Tons of people going racing and doing burnouts, drama all over.

J-hop
12-31-2018, 06:58 PM
Whatever happened to the road king guys?

Back in the day the FnF guys went to Timmy’s and the guys with real cars went to the road king (for the most part).

Tik-Tok
12-31-2018, 08:07 PM
The real car guys meet in "Mexico"

Thaco
12-31-2018, 10:01 PM
i have never been to barlow, but i got pulled over one day after i finished racing at race city because the cops profiled me as a barlow POS... honestly, there' no racing scene in calgary anymore, just skids...

D'z Nutz
01-01-2019, 01:10 PM
i have never been to barlow, but i got pulled over one day after i finished racing at race city because the cops profiled me as a barlow POS... honestly, there' no racing scene in calgary anymore, just skids...

Were you let off after you told them you were racing at race city?

LilDrunkenSmurf
01-01-2019, 02:20 PM
The real car guys meet in "Mexico"

:guns: *eyeroll*

Thaco
01-01-2019, 04:07 PM
Were you let off after you told them you were racing at race city?

nope, i really wish i had brough my trophy with me even to show them, lol, i had forgotten it at the track

The guy ticketed me for my window tint, but put the wrong code so it ended up being tossed out anyway.