PDA

View Full Version : Sudden aversion to specific foods?

J-hop
12-31-2018, 01:33 PM
Anyone ever had this happen? A sudden aversion to specific foods, not brought on by any known event or allergy?

Weirdest thing, I’ve never been a picky eater except for lobster as I had a major episode of food poisoning after a lobster dinner and have never been able to stomach it or crab since.

But recently (about two months now) I’ve developed a strong aversion to pork. I have always loved pork but now anything from bacon to ham I feel nausiated eating or even cooking.

I’ve tried to power through and have continued cooking and eating bacon but even mixed in my morning egg bites during the week I feel sick as soon as I can smell it.

Same thing has happened with raw fish/sushi. I was at kinjo the other day. Same thing happened, as soon as I got inside and could smell the fish my stomach turned and I could only eat some veggie roles.

Kind of has me weirded out. I’m entering my mid 30s so it’s not like I’m changing, but things I could eat just a few months ago I can’t even smell without feeling sick.

Anyone had a similar thing happen???

Perfect Dark
12-31-2018, 01:40 PM
I think you're pregnant.

speedog
12-31-2018, 02:03 PM
I think you're pregnant.

Best response I've seen on beyond in maybe forever. :clap:

Sugarphreak
12-31-2018, 02:13 PM

rage2
12-31-2018, 02:40 PM
Best response I've seen on beyond in maybe forever. :clap:
Comment of the year for sure. Saving it up till the 31st so it can’t be challenged.

J-hop
12-31-2018, 03:21 PM
I think you're pregnant.

Bahahaha, yea actually that was the first thing I saw when I googled

max_boost
12-31-2018, 04:07 PM
I think you're pregnant.

Brilliant mate. Absolutely brilliant.

JRSC00LUDE
01-08-2019, 09:06 AM
I've watched my buddy over the last approx. 2 years, become completely intolerant to wheats/gluten - like instant hives and days of the shits - at 40. Weird. Not an aversion but an intolerance that has manifested seemingly out of nowhere.

Have you recently converted to Islam or Hasidic Jewism?

firebane
01-08-2019, 09:14 AM
Bananas for me.

Used to love eating them. Then one day I was eating those banana marshmellows and started having a weird reaction of coughing and wheezing. Thought nothing of it then I ate a real banana and had the same effect.

I no longer eat bananas.

e31
01-08-2019, 10:30 AM
Alpha-gal syndrome. Caused by a tick bite that then leads to red meat allergy. Can prove fatal to red-blooded Albertans

JRSC00LUDE
01-08-2019, 10:36 AM
Alpha-gal syndrome. Caused by a tick bite that then leads to red meat allergy. Can prove fatal to red-blooded Albertans

Pork isn't red meat.