PDA

View Full Version : Is this a good deal ? - 2017 Merc GLC43 AMG

ganesh
01-02-2019, 02:27 PM
I am looking for a short term lease and came across this.
I have never done any lease purchase before and I am completely new to this.
Calling on all the lease experts and MB experts, is this a good deal?

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/calgary/2017-mercedes-glc-43-amg-28-000-km-mint-condition/1407018563?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

BavarianBeast
01-02-2019, 02:33 PM
Seems like a good deal, but you better ask one of the benz fanboys.

Haha - "I'm pretty easy to get along with but I am really busy and don't have time to deal with people who can't afford it."

Dealing with Kijiji people in a nutshell.

ganesh
01-02-2019, 02:34 PM
Seems like a good deal, but you better ask one of the benz fanboys.

Haha - "I'm pretty easy to get along with but I am really busy and don't have time to deal with people who can't afford it."

Dealing with Kijiji people in a nutshell.

Yeah to me it sounds like a good deal. Don't know anything about MB's and want to make sure that I cover my bases.

Disoblige
01-02-2019, 02:45 PM
Current lease allows 54,000 km over 36 months; current KM around 28k. 17 months left, so you can drive a bit over 1500 km a month without going over. Doesn't sound like much IMO.

rage2
01-02-2019, 02:51 PM
He’s on par with the low mileage lease (18k/year). Lots of people only drive that per year. It’s a good deal, even better if you can take it over without giving up any cash (to him or lease transfer fees).

Mitsu3000gt
01-02-2019, 02:56 PM
I personally wouldn't touch a lease-back knowing how most people treat them, especially performance models, but outside of that it seems like a fair price vs comparables. If you are looking to continue the lease and return it at the end, then go for it haha.

ganesh
01-02-2019, 03:03 PM
I personally wouldn't touch a lease-back knowing how most people treat them, especially performance models, but outside of that it seems like a fair price vs comparables. If you are looking to continue the lease and return it at the end, then go for it haha.

I needed something short term. I am waiting for the 2019 Macan GTS and it is getting delayed. So this is perfect for me. I will not keep the vehicle.

Mitsu3000gt
01-02-2019, 03:09 PM
I needed something short term. I am waiting for the 2019 Macan GTS and it is getting delayed. So this is perfect for me. I will not keep the vehicle.

Oh nice - that Macan will be awesome :thumbsup:

Maxx Mazda
01-02-2019, 06:37 PM
He put $12K down on a lease??! Dafuq...

ganesh
01-02-2019, 06:40 PM
Thanks for the feedback guys.
Texted the seller he has $750 security deposit on Top of the Down payment.
How are the lease returns with MB? Anything to watch out for?

rage2
01-02-2019, 06:50 PM
You’re allowed quite a bit of dings.

https://www.mercedes-benz.ca/en/owners/lease-return-options/inspecting-your-vehicle

That card is the size of a credit card. :eek:

ganesh
01-02-2019, 06:58 PM
You’re allowed quite a bit of dings.

https://www.mercedes-benz.ca/en/owners/lease-return-options/inspecting-your-vehicle

That card is the size of a credit card. :eek:

Thanks rage. That is good to know.
Made an offer to the seller 2K cash , he covers the transfer fee and winter wheels included.
He had made a counter offer asking me to cover the transfer fee.

roopi
01-02-2019, 07:03 PM
I dont understand why people put downpayments on leases.

ExtraSlow
01-02-2019, 07:06 PM
I don't understand leases at all, but it's been proven again and again that I live up to my user name.

killramos
01-02-2019, 07:22 PM
Are you sure they were downpayments or security deposits?

For example on my last lease 7500 dollars in security deposites saved me 1.5% off the interest rate on the lease.

By my marth on a simple basis: for a 50,000 dollar loan that’s around 750 a year in interest savings, or 10% effective tax free return on the deposit. I think interest on a lease is calculated on the full sales price of the car?

Unless I misunderstand something gravely they definitely have a place.

ganesh
01-02-2019, 07:32 PM
Are you sure they were downpayments or security deposits?

For example on my last lease 7500 dollars in security deposites saved me 1.5% off the interest rate on the lease.

By my marth on a simple basis: for a 50,000 dollar loan that’s around 750 a year in interest savings, or 10% effective tax free return on the deposit. I think interest on a lease is calculated on the full sales price of the car?

Unless I misunderstand something gravely they definitely have a place.

According to the Seller (as stated in the ad) the down payment he put on the vehicle is $12K.
In the text he mentioned that there is a $750 security deposit.
I haven't seen any papers or anything to validate this.

Misterman
01-02-2019, 07:41 PM

So you don't have a retarded monthly payment.

OP, just make sure you can give it back under the allowable KM's. Overage is a bitch, that's the one big cost you'll have.

Other than that it looks decent. Most idiots seem to think they can just have you take over their payments when they put nothing down. So essentially they want you to take all the depreciation, but still get a used vehicle. This guy is taking a 10k depreciation hit, which isn't bad. If you're not planning to buy it out, then you get a low payment to drive for a year and a half, and then move on to the Porsche. Seems like a good deal for both parties to me.

- - - Updated - - -

According to the Seller (as stated in the ad) the down payment he put on the vehicle is $12K.
In the text he mentioned that there is a $750 security deposit.
I haven't seen any papers or anything to validate this.

Doesn't really matter to you anyway. The payment is already set, you know the lease end payout, so there is nothing to calculate. Not sure what Ganesh is even bringing it up for?

dirtsniffer
01-02-2019, 07:55 PM
If it's a good deal some shady beyonder could be trying to sneak in there.

Misterman
01-02-2019, 08:29 PM
If it's a good deal some shady beyonder could be trying to sneak in there.

Someone would have to be ok driving that ugly ass vehicle to capitalize on the deal. lol. OP should be fine to snag it for himself.

D'z Nutz
01-02-2019, 08:36 PM
I don't understand leases at all, but it's been proven again and again that I live up to my user name.

I used to feel the same way, until this thread:

https://forums.beyond.ca/threads/339018-Opinions-on-Leasing

Makes sense in the right situation.

heavyD
01-04-2019, 09:03 PM
Maybe it's because I have had a few pops tonight but is it me or is that a long winded vehicle description? He says he's; "pretty easy to get along with"? I was expecting him to get into further details about what he does for work and his hobbies.

ExtraSlow
01-04-2019, 09:18 PM
I used to feel the same way, until this thread: https://forums.beyond.ca/threads/339018-Opinions-on-Leasing Makes sense in the right situation.
Yeah, it sure can, but you have to be pretty diligent on the math for that to work in your favour and I'd guess that it's applicable to maybe 20% or less of the car purchase situations out there. I stand my my comment that for the AVERAGE vehicle owner, purchasing is simpler and will lead to a lower total cost of ownership over the long term because if the choices it forces you into. You may end up with older cars or keeping them longer, but most people should anyway.

Maybe it's because I have had a few pops tonight but is it me or is that a long winded vehicle description? He says he's; "pretty easy to get along with"? I was expecting him to get into further details about what he does for work and his hobbies. He needs a pic of him with a dog to complete his tinder profile.

Misterman
01-04-2019, 09:39 PM
Yeah, it sure can, but you have to be pretty diligent on the math for that to work in your favour and I'd guess that it's applicable to maybe 20% or less of the car purchase situations out there. I stand my my comment that for the AVERAGE vehicle owner, purchasing is simpler and will lead to a lower total cost of ownership over the long term because if the choices it forces you into. You may end up with older cars or keeping them longer, but most people should anyway.

You're basically just financing the depreciation of the car for a few years, and then giving it back. If you drive under the allowable mileage, and you're someone who gets bored and swaps out vehicles every few years anyway, it's great. You don't have to deal with Kijiji dickheads every few years when you sell something, no dealer trade in low balls, just get rid of it hassle free knowing the costs in advance and get into something new.

Aleks
01-07-2019, 09:34 AM

Vast majority of lease guides/how to articles say putting money down on a lease makes 0 sense. Personally I agree, but everyone is different.

This is a great deal on this car. If this guy didn't put anything down on his lease, the payment would be in the $800-$900/m range? At that point he would have to offer an incentive to someone. I'm guessing that incentive wouldn't have to be $10,000.

Mitsu3000gt
01-07-2019, 09:50 AM

The general rule is that if you need to put money down on a lease (typically done to get make the payment more affordable), you can't afford it and you're likely trying to get too much car. When you do that, you are handing the dealer X amount of cash as an interest free loan which you could be using to make money on yourself, which is generally not what you want to do. It's possible there are some special circumstances where a lease down payment gives some sort of incentive or advantage elsewhere, and then it simply comes down to math which is better, but for the average situation you should never put money down on a lease. It's not a firm rule but that is most often what it comes down to. Still personal preference at the end of the day but there will always be an option that is mathematically the best. The worst thing you can do is go into a lease negotiation and only negotiate the payments, not the final price of the vehicle itself - it gives the dealer a black box of 100 different ways to screw you over.

npham
01-07-2019, 07:37 PM
Instead of putting money down on leases, I would lean towards putting down "MSD's" or monthly security deposits which will help lower the MF/lease rate. Additionally you get this money back at the end of the lease too.

shakalaka
01-07-2019, 10:51 PM
If you're going to buyout the car at the end of your lease and you know that for sure, no matter what, then sure put as much down as you want and get the payments reduced. Otherwise it doesn't make sense in MOST situations.

Misterman
01-07-2019, 11:43 PM
If you're going to buyout the car at the end of your lease and you know that for sure, no matter what, then sure put as much down as you want and get the payments reduced. Otherwise it doesn't make sense in MOST situations.

It always makes sense.................. assuming you want a lower payment. It changes virtually nothing, you're financing half of a car. So you can either put money down on the front end of that loan, and have a lower payment. Or make a higher payment that adds up to what you could've put down as a downpayment on the front end. It's all the same in the end, except you save a few bucks in interest by going with a down payment up front.

Mitsu3000gt
01-08-2019, 09:50 AM
Instead of putting money down on leases, I would lean towards putting down "MSD's" or monthly security deposits which will help lower the MF/lease rate. Additionally you get this money back at the end of the lease too.

Only if you can't make a better return on that money elsewhere, which I think a lot of people can do pretty easily even with very basic investments. Giving an interest free 'loan' to the dealer is rarely the best financial option.

RX_EVOLV
01-08-2019, 09:55 AM
I thought the downside to putting a downpayment on a lease is something around insurance payout or gap insurance coverage if the car is totalled during the lease.

killramos
01-08-2019, 10:19 AM
I think that I demonstrated earlier that in the right circumstances security deposits to lower interest rate represent a very attractive ROI, a risk free one at that.

Xtrema
01-08-2019, 10:21 AM
I thought the downside to putting a downpayment on a lease is something around insurance payout or gap insurance coverage if the car is totalled during the lease.

Yup.

If you are going to put a down payment to reduce monthly payments, may as well do future finance. The only issue is there is no option to walk away at end of term and you have to buy out the residual.

Aleks
01-08-2019, 11:00 AM
Article on why putting money down on a lease rarely makes sense.

https://www.edmunds.com/car-leasing/should-you-make-a-down-payment-when-you-lease.html

Mitsu3000gt
01-08-2019, 11:06 AM

That is just another one of the many downsides to putting a down payment on a lease. If you ever have a write off or an accident or insurance claim against it, you're better off not having put a big down payment on it.

The main reason I leased is because if I get into a big accident or get hail damage and the insurance decides to repair instead of write off, it has zero effect on me. If I owned the car, I would have to practically give it away.

RX_EVOLV
01-08-2019, 11:13 AM
When we were shopping for our X5, I would say ~75% of all the lease returned X5s had repairs on their Carfax.

shakalaka
01-08-2019, 11:36 AM
Only if you can't make a better return on that money elsewhere, which I think a lot of people can do pretty easily even with very basic investments. Giving an interest free 'loan' to the dealer is rarely the best financial option.

Exactly. That's why I adhere to the philosophy of never putting any $ down on leases.

- - - Updated - - -

That is just another one of the many downsides to putting a down payment on a lease. If you ever have a write off or an accident or insurance claim against it, you're better off not having put a big down payment on it.

The main reason I leased is because if I get into a big accident or get hail damage and the insurance decides to repair instead of write off, it has zero effect on me. If I owned the car, I would have to practically give it away.

Exactly the last part, which is one of the reasons I started leasing. Plus with my constant changing it also made sense, although they don't have too many 6 month to 1 year leases unfortunately. And even if they did, you can imagine the monthly payment on a $100K plus car. You can write-off or have a $40K hit on the vehicle for all you care, with the lease you can just walk away at the end of it without it impacting you in any way.

Anyway, besides the thread getting derailed with discussions about what's better, did the OP end up grabbing the GLC? Updates? Too bad you need something short term, otherwise my matte 540 would have been pretty 'gangsta'' for you OP. Haha.

Mitsu3000gt
01-08-2019, 11:41 AM
When we were shopping for our X5, I would say ~75% of all the lease returned X5s had repairs on their Carfax.

Also why I would never in a million years buy a lease return haha. They are treated like rental cars, there is no point in even keeping it clean or washing the salt off in the winter.

shakalaka
01-08-2019, 11:43 AM
Also why I would never in a million years buy a lease return haha. They are treated like rental cars, there is no point in even keeping it clean or washing the salt off in the winter.

To be honest, I do not threat the vehicles I lease like that. I still have pride of ownership for the period I am driving the car so I keep them as I would my own vehicle.

ganesh
01-08-2019, 11:46 AM
Exactly. That's why I adhere to the philosophy of never putting any $ down on leases.

- - - Updated - - -

Exactly the last part, which is one of the reasons I started leasing. Plus with my constant changing it also made sense, although they don't have too many 6 month to 1 year leases unfortunately. And even if they did, you can imagine the monthly payment on a $100K plus car. You can write-off or have a $40K hit on the vehicle for all you care, with the lease you can just walk away at the end of it without it impacting you in any way.

Anyway, besides the thread getting derailed with discussions about what's better, did the OP end up grabbing the GLC? Updates? Too bad you need something short term, otherwise my matte 540 would have been pretty 'gangsta'' for you OP. Haha.

No I didn't. I gave him an Offer of 2K down payment and he throws in the winter tires and he covers the transfer fee. He declined and he wants me to cover the transfer fee. So that is where that is.
I also found this,
https://www.leasebusters.com/en/details.asp?ID=271948
He is down from 8K to 6K. I offered him 4K down.

Mitsu3000gt
01-08-2019, 11:48 AM
To be honest, I do not threat the vehicles I lease like that. I still have pride of ownership for the period I am driving the car so I keep them as I would my own vehicle.

Fair enough, but a lot of people do treat them like rentals. Most of the lease returns I've looked at through dealers are VERY rough (by my standards anyway), especially if it's a performance car. If there is a chance you might buy it out at the end or try to flip it, then for sure you would probably treat it like you owned it. If you knew you were just giving it back though, there is far less incentive to put in any effort or do anything above the minimum because you won't see anything back from that. You can even park wherever you want and not worry about door dings because damage under a credit card size is usually "wear and tear". No need to plug it in for the winter or drive it easy when it's cold or obey break-in periods or anything like that. No point in getting 3M or anything either, so that saves a bit of money too. Hit it with the broom/brush at the wash bays too or take it through contact wash bays - no problem.

shakalaka
01-08-2019, 11:49 AM
No I didn't. I gave him an Offer of 2K down payment and he throws in the winter tires and he covers the transfer fee. He declined and he wants me to cover the transfer fee. So that is where that is.
I also found this,

That is a almost a full 3 year lease, I thought you wanted something short term? That being said, you do want a Macan eventually, so perhaps if you end up with that you don't need to order a new one. Good luck with the search man, you got the right idea. For example, my brother took over someone's lease on a 440 M Performance Edition that was a year up. The guy paid my brother $13K cash to take over the lease. I mean you really can't go wrong with that. If I could just stop with the constant damn switching, I'd like to get into this just taking over other people's leases routine and you can could save and sometimes even make $ easily. You rarely will lose it that way.

As a side note, I always thought Porsche's lease or finance terribly, but that Macan GTS lease does not seem too bad at all. That is really weird cause I went with a colleague who leased a Macan S last year and I am sure he's paying more than that monthly with only 8K km's a year. Yea, he didn't put any down, but how much of a difference could $8K down make anyway.

shakalaka
01-08-2019, 11:54 AM
- - - Updated - - -

Fair enough, but a lot of people do treat them like rentals. Most of the lease returns I've looked at through dealers are VERY rough (by my standards anyway), especially if it's a performance car. If there is a chance you might buy it out at the end or try to flip it, then for sure you would probably treat it like you owned it. If you knew you were just giving it back though, there is far less incentive to put in any effort or do anything above the minimum because you won't see anything back from that. You can even park wherever you want and not worry about door dings because damage under a credit card size is usually "wear and tear". No need to plug it in for the winter or drive it easy when it's cold or obey break-in periods or anything like that. No point in getting 3M or anything either, so that saves a bit of money too. Hit it with the broom/brush at the wash bays too or take it through contact wash bays - no problem.

That is true. I know I am not keeping mine so I didn't bother with 3M, whereas when I bought my M3, I pretty much 3M'ed the whole darn thing. Other than that tho, I still am careful about where I park, how I drive, what fuel I put into the car etc. But I agree, average person probably won't care much if it's leased and they know they are just going to get out of it.

Mitsu3000gt
01-08-2019, 11:57 AM
- - - Updated - - -
That is true. I know I am not keeping mine so I didn't bother with 3M, whereas when I bought my M3, I pretty much 3M'ed the whole darn thing. Other than that tho, I still am careful about where I park, how I drive, what fuel I put into the car etc. But I agree, average person probably won't care much if it's leased and they know they are just going to get out of it.

I ended up babying my lease because the residual is $4-5K less than market value will be when I'm done. I'm either going to sell it to recoup the difference, or see if the dealer will meet me in the middle, which is most likely. Based on how everything plays out with my current lease, that will determine how I go about my next one. If the dealer offers me most of the value back, my next lease will not be babied in the slightest. If I end up having to buy it out and sell privately to maximize value, I will probably keep doing what I am doing while enjoying the zero-risk perks of leasing.

ganesh
01-08-2019, 11:57 AM
That is a almost a full 3 year lease, I thought you wanted something short term? That being said, you do want a Macan eventually, so perhaps if you end up with that you don't need to order a new one. Good luck with the search man, you got the right idea. For example, my brother took over someone's lease on a 440 M Performance Edition that was a year up. The guy paid my brother $13K cash to take over the lease. I mean you really can't go wrong with that. If I could just stop with the constant damn switching, I'd like to get into this just taking over other people's leases routine and you can could save and sometimes even make $ easily. You rarely will lose it that way.

As a side note, I always thought Porsche's lease or finance terribly, but that Macan GTS lease does not seem too bad at all. That is really weird cause I went with a colleague who leased a Macan S last year and I am sure he's paying more than that monthly with only 8K km's a year. Yea, he didn't put any down, but how much of a difference could $8K down make anyway.

Exactly my thought is if I can get this Macan then I can wait and order the new one. This one doesn't have the Sports Chrono or PTV that's one thing which is holding me back.

Misterman
01-08-2019, 08:21 PM

Down payment doesn't change the purchase price or what it costs to buy a new one. So it shouldn't affect insurance payout if you have replacement insurance. Guess I'll let you know for sure in a few weeks. Mine got stolen and with my trade in it looks like I have a 6500$ downpayment. So hopefully I don't have to battle the insurance company to get my money.

Aleks
01-08-2019, 09:20 PM
Down payment doesn't change the purchase price or what it costs to buy a new one. So it shouldn't affect insurance payout if you have replacement insurance. Guess I'll let you know for sure in a few weeks. Mine got stolen and with my trade in it looks like I have a 6500$ downpayment. So hopefully I don't have to battle the insurance company to get my money.

Interested to know. Keep us posted. According to the link I posted, your lease would just terminate and the leasing company would be paid the current buyout.

I know that if it was a finance you would have an option to take the full amount you paid for the car as a cheque if you had GAP protection.

Misterman
01-08-2019, 09:32 PM
I know that if it was a finance you would have an option to take the full amount you paid for the car as a cheque if you had GAP protection.

That's exactly what should be happening with a lease. You're not just insuring the lease company's asset. You're insuring your ability to not be upside down and get a similar replacement vehicle should anything happen. According to my insurance agent I shouldn't have a problem. I don't see how they could legally charge full insurance rate if they're only going to partially insure the vehicle?

Misterman
02-05-2019, 07:31 AM
Interested to know. Keep us posted. According to the link I posted, your lease would just terminate and the leasing company would be paid the current buyout.

So for anyone that cares still. Insurance waited two weeks to see if vehicle would be recovered. It wasn't. They almost immediately cut a check for the full price paid on the bill of sale. In my case the payout to essentially buyout the lease is about 31,500$. Check is for 56,000$. Only sticking point right now is they say I'm only entitled to get the GST back that I paid on the payments over the course of my lease, however to payout the lease I'm required to pay the entire GST amount on the vehicle of another 1600$. Just hashing that out with them now. Overall I'm quite happy with how it got handled.

Another hidden benefit of a lease, is if somebody hits your vehicle and it needs to be repaired. If you finance it in full yourself, you're left with a vehicle that has a major resale value hit on it. But with a lease, you basically get 2-4 years(depends on your term) to see if anything happens. And if you do end up with an accident and you don't want to buy it out now, you can just hand the keys back. You know the residual value of the vehicle for 2-4 years down the road regardless what happens to the vehicle in the meantime.

rage2
02-05-2019, 07:45 PM
So for anyone that cares still. Insurance waited two weeks to see if vehicle would be recovered. It wasn't. They almost immediately cut a check for the full price paid on the bill of sale. In my case the payout to essentially buyout the lease is about 31,500$. Check is for 56,000$. Only sticking point right now is they say I'm only entitled to get the GST back that I paid on the payments over the course of my lease, however to payout the lease I'm required to pay the entire GST amount on the vehicle of another 1600$. Just hashing that out with them now. Overall I'm quite happy with how it got handled.

Another hidden benefit of a lease, is if somebody hits your vehicle and it needs to be repaired. If you finance it in full yourself, you're left with a vehicle that has a major resale value hit on it. But with a lease, you basically get 2-4 years(depends on your term) to see if anything happens. And if you do end up with an accident and you don't want to buy it out now, you can just hand the keys back. You know the residual value of the vehicle for 2-4 years down the road regardless what happens to the vehicle in the meantime.
Almost $0 TCO. Well done haha.

Misterman
02-06-2019, 11:59 AM
Almost $0 TCO. Well done haha.

Yes not bad at all. Other than the new Winter tires I just put on it. And the dealer windshield package they sold me for 2000$ which ended up being 4000$ worked into the paperwork. I essentially broke even. I would highly recommend anyone buying a new vehicle get the limited depreciation add on to their policy. My claims person just told me it's now available for up to 5 years!! And it's only 50$ a year. Seems like cheap insurance against possibly losing 30 grand in depreciation value.

Brent.ff
02-06-2019, 01:20 PM
And it's only 50$ a year. Seems like cheap insurance against possibly losing 30 grand in depreciation value.
It goes up considerably per year you've had it. Its ~50 the first year, then by the end its 50 a month.

blownz
02-06-2019, 01:57 PM
It goes up considerably per year you've had it. Its ~50 the first year, then by the end its 50 a month.

Yup. I just cancelled it on my 2016 Grand Cherokee as it got stupid expensive this year. It is up for replacement soon so I will be pissed if it is written off, but still highly unlikely.

Super_Geo
02-06-2019, 01:57 PM

Doesn't look like you've taken the lease, given it's still up... but he's delusional asking for his original 8k deposit. Even 4k is generous, I'd say. He drove it off the lot, he's taking a hit!

That being said... I ordered my MY18 GTS in Nov2017, back when we were messaging about it... took delivery late Feb2018, so it's almost been a year, and I just drove it down to SF. I'd say unless you're getting a deal on a used <1 year vehicle, just buy it new. Part of the fun is neurotically researching every single option, then waiting 3-4 months for delivery, then having to keep the revs down for the first 3-4000kms :rofl: Not sure if MY19 will have a GTS trim, seems like the S isn't getting delivered to NA until summer... which would get me anxious on when the MY2020 land.

Regardless... life is short, that guy leasebuster GTS hasn't moved... I'd ping him now that it's a month later and see if he takes $2k.

Super_Geo
02-06-2019, 02:04 PM
And ganesh, just to goad you into getting one soon... pic form when gpomp coated and detailed the car last summer :burnout:

ganesh
02-06-2019, 02:38 PM
Doesn't look like you've taken the lease, given it's still up... but he's delusional asking for his original 8k deposit. Even 4k is generous, I'd say. He drove it off the lot, he's taking a hit!

That being said... I ordered my MY18 GTS in Nov2017, back when we were messaging about it... took delivery late Feb2018, so it's almost been a year, and I just drove it down to SF. I'd say unless you're getting a deal on a used <1 year vehicle, just buy it new. Part of the fun is neurotically researching every single option, then waiting 3-4 months for delivery, then having to keep the revs down for the first 3-4000kms :rofl: Not sure if MY19 will have a GTS trim, seems like the S isn't getting delivered to NA until summer... which would get me anxious on when the MY2020 land.

Regardless... life is short, that guy leasebuster GTS hasn't moved... I'd ping him now that it's a month later and see if he takes $2k.

He didn't budge. I offered him 4K when he was asking for 8K. Now he is down to 6K but I have picked up a short term lease.
I am waiting for the MY2019/2020 GTS. Now that I have another car I am not that in a hurry. Having said that I am keeping a open eye on X3M/X4M. The teaser videos looks pretty good.

Misterman
02-07-2019, 08:15 AM

It's possible you know more about their policies than they do. But I'll ask for clarification today when I get the insurance on the new Merc.

- - - Updated - - -

He didn't budge. I offered him 4K when he was asking for 8K. Now he is down to 6K but I have picked up a short term lease.
I am waiting for the MY2019/2020 GTS. Now that I have another car I am not that in a hurry. Having said that I am keeping a open eye on X3M/X4M. The teaser videos looks pretty good.

What did you end up getting?

ganesh
02-07-2019, 10:19 AM
What did you end up getting?
A budget friendly Mini :) 16 Months Lease.