PDA

View Full Version : Turbo Precidia

ecstasyracer
10-03-2002, 07:44 PM
Just thought I would try and clear up the other post about the Precidia. The race that ecstacy civic was riding in in the precidia wasn't so clear. So heres a better race. Our buddy has the 89 civic that was discussed on here a while ago with the 00 prelude tail lights, anyway it has a jdm b16 in it and his best time at race city is 15.1. So we took the precidia and his car to a deserted road the other night and the precidia won by 2-3 cars lengths, even after heavy wheel spin off the line and going into 4th shortly instead of 2nd.

The specs on the car is its a DOHC turbo engine out of a 323 GT-R 4-wheel drive rally type car sold in Japan. Right now its only running stock boost at 11psi and he has a large front mount intercooler. A boost controller is going to be installed soon so that should make a difference.

I'm not trying to brag about his car or anything just thought that is orginal and some people will find it interesting. I will be taking picks on the weekend hopefully and will try to post them soon.

Carson

ecstasy_civic
10-03-2002, 09:39 PM
thnx carson, sorry for not eexplaining myself very well everyone.

4G63Power
10-03-2002, 10:02 PM
Like I said in the other thread...It's awesome to see another car which is usually considered slow...as a sleeper. Nice Job :thumbsup:

nookmumracing
10-04-2002, 08:19 AM
Any turbo car has potential!! Good swap, look forward to seeing that car run. That would be a trip seeing a MX-3 beat out some cars.

Peace

D'z Nutz
10-04-2002, 11:08 AM
I have an old issue of sport compact car that had an article about an mx-3 that was smoking vipers. I think it was doing 11 or 12's; I can't remember.

ecstasyracer
10-04-2002, 12:27 PM
I'm not posative but I think that car has the same engine, just built up and with an upgraded turbo obviously.

Here's a link to a really good page just on the engine.
http://members.ozemail.com.au/~kevmo/eng.htm

Daddymax
10-05-2002, 07:13 PM
I know that guy too. He was going to race me at my work. I toldhim to come back in 10 minutes when I got off work.

He never showed up.

HE told me that he would smoke me. I just wanted to see how bad.

Daddymax
10-05-2002, 07:15 PM
HE did give me a ride though.

The thing is pretty fast!

Dope Dealer
10-05-2002, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by Daddymax
HE did give me a ride though.

The thing is pretty fast!

Do you work on 32nd Ave? I've seen your car there, thought it was getting a system installed or something, didn't know you worked there :thumbsup:

Daddymax
10-07-2002, 06:16 PM
Yea I work there.

Well the guy in teh MX3 came back yesterday and we raced....

Making a long story short.... The thing is REALY REALLY REALLY REALLY fast. He got me by about 2 cars.

Good thing about the whoel thing is while we were talking after the race. A 95 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS-t (front wheel drive turbo)
came by and wanted to race. I beat him by a car or 2. The MX3 smoked him.

Oh well I'll give him another shot next year. I got a new motor going in soon. he he he.

Redlyne_mr2
10-07-2002, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by Daddymax
Yea I work there.

Well the guy in teh MX3 came back yesterday and we raced....

Making a long story short.... The thing is REALY REALLY REALLY REALLY fast. He got me by about 2 cars.

Good thing about the whoel thing is while we were talking after the race. A 95 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS-t (front wheel drive turbo)
came by and wanted to race. I beat him by a car or 2. The MX3 smoked him.

Oh well I'll give him another shot next year. I got a new motor going in soon. he he he.
sweeet props to buddy mx3 on a unique and fast ride

cocoabrova
10-07-2002, 08:40 PM
Is that Chris' MX-3 you guys are talking about?? :burnout: :werd:

James
10-07-2002, 08:54 PM
Sounds like a pretty fast Girly car hes got there!:rofl: j/k :thumbsup:

95TsiAWD
10-07-2002, 10:41 PM
The talon has $50 on himself. Let's line 'em up ;) I've yet to get a decent race in this city :D
In fact the last time I lined up with a Del Sol he rolled his window down to say he wasn't even going to try. LOL

Davetronz
10-07-2002, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by 95TsiAWD
The talon has $50 on himself. Let's line 'em up ;) I've yet to get a decent race in this city :D

Money on the DSM ;)

ecstasy_civic
10-07-2002, 11:47 PM
im sure hell be interested, il llet him know for ya. and yes its chris with the mx-3. hes always up for a good race. i think hes got a trick or two up his sleeve for next year as well.:rofl: :angel:

ConVict
10-08-2002, 12:24 AM
Damn I wish my car wasnt parked for the winter... Racing for money gives me a stiffey ...:thumbsup:
:drool:

oh ya, and everyone and their dog has plans for next summer!
I dont think I've ever talked to some one that didnt have plans to make their car faster over winter...

Daddymax
10-08-2002, 01:19 AM
Well tell teh Talon to watch out!

Chris might win this one, depending on what mos you got.

But I did witness chris smoke a 95 turbo eclipse.....

ecstasy_civic
10-08-2002, 01:21 AM
see lol i didnt bullshit his car is fast isnt it!!!!!!

Thor
10-08-2002, 04:01 AM
I'm putting my bucks on 95TsiAWD... call it a hunch :)

hehehe... followed ya here from SMC... gonna prey this place doesn't get turned into a flame war central like that place did.

ah well... go DSM!!!

95TsiAWD
10-08-2002, 08:24 AM
flame war? ME? Do I ever start flame wars ;) ?
Hehe, I've still got some leftover C-16 sitting at the foot of my bed. This should be fun if I can get the IC pipes to stay on (damn 24psi ;) )

DSM Power
10-08-2002, 09:03 AM
Originally posted by TurboDSM

Money on the DSM ;)
I second that vote! :thumbsup: Looks like 95TSiAWD will have to make up for that poor Eclipse driver... ;)

Daddymax - what color was that 95 Eclipse??

ecstasy_civic
10-08-2002, 10:54 AM
well well. talked to chris, he g-tech'd his car last night. now remember this is a gtech. a rolling start 14.58 @ 103.6 mph. he started at 5km/hr and went and thats what he ended up with,right now his modifying his supsension so he can hookup for fri. or whenever. and thats at 11 lbs.

rage2
10-08-2002, 11:29 AM
You can't do rolling starts with a G-Tech Pro, you *have* to start from a stop. Unless you're talking about him starting from a stop, and granny starting his car before gunning it at 5mph...

ecstasy_civic
10-08-2002, 11:41 AM
ok, im guessing thats what he did he was just telling me over the phone this morning. he said he eased into a rolling start.

DSM Power
10-08-2002, 01:26 PM
LOL, rolling starts. A "real" race is from a stop, IMHO. AWD 0wnz! :D :tongue:

spyguy
10-08-2002, 01:29 PM
flame war? ME? Do I ever start flame wars ;) ?
Hehe, I've still got some leftover C-16 sitting at the foot of my bed. This should be fun if I can get the IC pipes to stay on (damn 24psi ;) )

i was experience the same thing...simple solution...get t bolt clamps...available at mopac or guyon...expensive as hell but they do the trick!

5.9 R/T
10-08-2002, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by ecstasy_civic
ok, im guessing thats what he did he was just telling me over the phone this morning. he said he eased into a rolling start.

IMO:

ecstasy_ricer.

spyguy
10-08-2002, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by DSM Power
LOL, rolling starts. A "real" race is from a stop, IMHO. AWD 0wnz! :D :tongue:

unfortunely all us awd guys have to watch our launches...or kaboom....youll see your tranny rolling beside you...

5.9 R/T
10-08-2002, 01:32 PM
What about a bead of weld around the edge of IC piping for the clamps to hold onto? That seemed to work on mine, but I never boosted it to 24...

spyguy
10-08-2002, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by 5.9 R/T
What about a bead of weld around the edge of IC piping for the clamps to hold onto? That seemed to work on mine, but I never boosted it to 24...

that works too! i did that as well...but sometimes it would still come off...all that pressure...now they dont even move! (t bolt clamps)

CLiVE
10-08-2002, 01:40 PM

I second that vote! :thumbsup: Looks like 95TSiAWD will have to make up for that poor Eclipse driver... ;)

I'm with these guys, my money is on 95TSiAWD....

:thumbsup:

cocoabrova
10-08-2002, 04:39 PM
In fact the last time I lined up with a Del Sol he rolled his window down to say he wasn't even going to try. LOL

I'll hafta go with the Talon on this one too..... Damn sleeper DSM's... :guns: :rofl: :rofl: I know Chris and he was telling me about his car. I'm sure it's quick, prolly quicker than alot of cars, but I've also lined up w/ 95TsiAWD @SS:poosie: :werd: :rofl:

95TsiAWD
10-08-2002, 04:43 PM
LOL, guys they are beaded. I've got t-bolts plus regular clamps (everything is double clamped) and 3-ply rubber hose you need to use soap to slide over the pipe it's so tight. And they still blow off now and then. :(
14.5 on the G-Tech? So that's like a 15.0 or slower? ;)
Oh and we race from a dead stop, preferably at RaceCity on the 20th since I'm not big on getting my car impounded for street racing (I'd say RaceCity this friday but driving home for thanksgiving)
cocoabrova: That was when we lined up and those guys told you the car was stock right? LOL, those guys are hilarious.

infamous
10-08-2002, 04:45 PM
i don't think that race city will be open on the 20th....i think this friday is the last one of the season (weather permitting)....i wanna see this race!

95TsiAWD
10-08-2002, 04:50 PM
Well I'm outta town this weekend, but I'm hoping things will stay nice for the 20th. I want one more try at a decent timeslip up here. Otherwise I guess we have to make other arrangements ;)

infamous
10-08-2002, 04:51 PM
hey if you make other arrangements, can i videotape?? or can i at least watch??

95TsiAWD
10-08-2002, 04:54 PM
hmmm my car illegally street racing on video... :thumbsdow

cocoabrova
10-08-2002, 05:07 PM
cocoabrova: That was when we lined up and those guys told you the car was stock right? LOL, those guys are hilarious.
Yup :banghead: :poosie:

Originally posted by infamous
i don't think that race city will be open on the 20th....i think this friday is the last one of the season (weather permitting)....i wanna see this race!
Actually, I heard this Friday (the 11th) is the last Friday night SS. They'll be running SS on Sundays during the day :clap: until the snow starts come down :thumbsup:

95TsiAWD
10-08-2002, 05:10 PM
Yep that's what I heard too :thumbsup:

spyguy
10-08-2002, 06:08 PM
LOL, guys they are beaded. I've got t-bolts plus regular clamps (everything is double clamped) and 3-ply rubber hose you need to use soap to slide over the pipe it's so tight. And they still blow off now and then. :(
14.5 on the G-Tech? So that's like a 15.0 or slower? ;)
Oh and we race from a dead stop, preferably at RaceCity on the 20th since I'm not big on getting my car impounded for street racing (I'd say RaceCity this friday but driving home for thanksgiving)

maybe switch to silicon hosing?

95TsiAWD
10-08-2002, 06:11 PM
$$$ :) Unless someone wants to give me some.

DSM Power
10-08-2002, 09:33 PM
Just get a front mount already! :tongue: (Like that's going to solve the problem or anything!) :rofl:

95TsiAWD
10-08-2002, 09:37 PM
That Skyline R32 GT-R intercooler is calling my name.... ;)

ecstasy_civic
10-11-2002, 12:21 AM
hey we were out the other night and chris raced a buddies well modified 92 tsi awd and chris had him for about 7 or 8 cars and hes learned how to control the traction off the line so hes good to go. oh and this talon and an upgraded turbo {tdo5h} head ported everything else ported too, exhaust manifold. 16 lbs of boost when they raced and a bunch of other stuff like 3" exhaust off the all the way back, anyways i thought it would be closer but chris was very quick off the line. and hes got some new toys installed so he can back up pretty much whatever he says. ask daddymax!!! he was there.

ConVict
10-11-2002, 12:53 AM
I call crap!
Just doing the math in my own opinion which might be TOTALLY wrong, but Ill give it a shot anyway!
A WELL moddified AWD talon, with the mods you specified would run a good low 14 or even high 13's...
now if that got beat by 8 frickon car lengths your looking at a 12 second fwd street tire precidia, and I know that aint fucking happening!:dunno:

James
10-11-2002, 07:00 AM
Originally posted by ConVict
I call crap!
Just doing the math in my own opinion which might be TOTALLY wrong, but Ill give it a shot anyway!
A WELL moddified AWD talon, with the mods you specified would run a good low 14 or even high 13's...
now if that got beat by 8 frickon car lengths your looking at a 12 second fwd street tire precidia, and I know that aint fucking happening!:dunno:

I'm gonna have to agree with Convict, i dont doubt that this Precidia is fast, but beating a highly modded Talon that bad,( or so you say) would make it alot faster than 14.5:dunno:

And you CAN do somewhat of a rolling start with a G-Tech, I can prove it to anyone who dosnt beleive it. The Clock dosnt start counting until A big Thrust of Torque, so if u ease it off the line, u can cheat a little, lol.;)

95TsiAWD
10-11-2002, 08:37 AM
td05h? What the hell does that mean? The stock 1G turbo has a TD05H compressor housing and TD05H turbine wheel. But then so does a 16G, big 16G, 18G, sleeper 16G, some 20Gs....
And if a fwd took this guy off the line he needs to get into "Blake's school of driving the piss out of your talon". If he wasn't shredding all 4 off the line he wasn't launching it properly.
And those mods are worth anything from high 15s to low 13s, it just depends on the driver ;)

CLiVE
10-11-2002, 11:34 AM
hey we were out the other night and chris raced a buddies well modified 92 tsi awd and chris had him for about 7 or 8 cars......

Well if you read carefully....he says above that he had him "for" about 7 or 8 cars. Does this mean he was ahead slightly for about 7 or 8 car lengths....before the talon pulled away???....LMAO..

My money is still on the talon....
http://www.3si.org/portal/forums/images/smilies/new/bsmeter.gif

DSM Power
10-11-2002, 03:18 PM
No doubt - 7 or 8 car lengths is a lot... are you sure the Talon was racing him? :rolleyes: :dunno:

ecstasy_civic
10-12-2002, 06:45 PM
lol you guys kill me.. the talon guy is one of my best friends yes they new they were racing it was a set up deal and i shit you not and actuallywith the mods i listed he only ran a 15.1 at race city so the g tech was pretty close on a 14.5 for the precidia . for all who dont believe me pm me and well go take a look at his car. and 95tsi or whatever your name is he wants to race you. give a time and a place.

Hollywood
10-13-2002, 12:17 AM
All I got to say is that G-tech means shit!

But in the precida's defence, i used to own a 88 mazda 323 GT, it was an intercooled turbo 1.8L. It was a fast car for it's time. The devlopement was co-sponsered by Castrol oil actually, that's why the AWD 88-89 Mazda 323 GTX was called a GTX.

Now in japan/europe they had this engine as well but it was a little different I think it was called a GTR, and came with around 200 HP/TQ I think. I know these GTR's turbo's can push 16 PSI safely.

I don't know what 95TSI has, so I'm not going to say who will win, but it would be fun to watch though. For two reasons. If TSI wins then MX3 talker gets shut down, if MX3 wins, then TSI would be eating his foot, it's a win, win situation for an observer.

Thor
10-13-2002, 03:01 AM
Originally posted by Hollywood (2)
I don't know what 95TSI has

I do I do!!!

Do I win a prize?

5.9 R/T
10-13-2002, 03:26 AM
Originally posted by Hollywood (2)
All I got to say is that G-tech means shit!

But in the precida's defence, i used to own a 88 mazda 323 GT, it was an intercooled turbo 1.8L. It was a fast car for it's time. The devlopement was co-sponsered by Castrol oil actually, that's why the AWD 88-89 Mazda 323 GTX was called a GTX.

Now in japan/europe they had this engine as well but it was a little different I think it was called a GTR, and came with around 200 HP/TQ I think. I know these GTR's turbo's can push 16 PSI safely.

I don't know what 95TSI has, so I'm not going to say who will win, but it would be fun to watch though. For two reasons. If TSI wins then MX3 talker gets shut down, if MX3 wins, then TSI would be eating his foot, it's a win, win situation for an observer.

Actually the 88-89 GTX had a 1.6 DOHC motor with 132hp and 136tq. The 92-94 GT-R was a 1.8 DOHC motor with 210hp and 235tq. :thumbsup:

Hollywood
10-13-2002, 12:02 PM
What's the weight of a mx-3 and the talon?

Hollywood
10-13-2002, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by 5.9 R/T

Actually the 88-89 GTX had a 1.6 DOHC motor with 132hp and 136tq. The 92-94 GT-R was a 1.8 DOHC motor with 210hp and 235tq. :thumbsup:

Sorry yes 1.6 not 1.8L, I could not remember exactly. It's been a while, but you gotta love that high RPM redline!

ConVict
10-13-2002, 03:10 PM
lol you guys kill me.. the talon guy is one of my best friends yes they new they were racing it was a set up deal and i shit you not and actuallywith the mods i listed he only ran a 15.1 at race city so the g tech was pretty close on a 14.5 for the precidia . for all who dont believe me pm me and well go take a look at his car. and 95tsi or whatever your name is he wants to race you. give a time and a place.

Well just from experience if you run a 15.1 and the guy is about 8 car lengths in front of you ... you are running a lot better then 14.5 ....
I could consistently beat my buddie on the drag strip by about 4 cars or so and beat him easily by a second and a half every time!
And when I raced a turboed Teg he beat me by 1.2 seconds and wasnt far ahead of me at all... maybe 4 car lengths max...

95TsiAWD
10-14-2002, 11:55 AM
3220lbs - scale at SIR. 1/4 tank of gas with driver.

95TsiAWD
10-15-2002, 08:00 PM
hmmm weather looks nice, so I'm figuring RaceCity sunday will be a go. I'll tkae on all comers, hopefully my IC pipes stay on. If not I'll make DSM Power sit under the hood and hold them together :thumbsup:
TurboDSM, you up for flogging the crap out of your new beast as well?

DSM Power
10-15-2002, 08:36 PM
LMAO - at least there's room unlike under the hood of the Stealth! :rofl: :rofl:

CLiVE
10-17-2002, 10:19 AM
LMAO - at least there's room unlike under the hood of the Stealth! :rofl: :rofl:

Yes, we tried and tried to fit under the hood of the stealth on the weekend.....but couldn't. We even removed half of the engine..but it still wasn't possible.

Maybe we can rig something up with a tennis ball to keep the IC pipe on....or something with chains. I hear it works well on stealths...lol.

So is this race still a go for Sunday.....I'll be there....

95TsiAWD
10-17-2002, 06:42 PM
if the weather is nice I'll be out and shredding up the winter tires

95TsiAWD
10-18-2002, 08:17 PM
So I guess turbo MX-3 isn't up for a race? :dunno:

Hakkola
10-18-2002, 08:20 PM
" 95 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS-t (front wheel drive turbo)"

Was this car red with 18's or 19's on it? I Think I was cruising beside him today by Sait on 16th?

95TsiAWD
10-20-2002, 09:22 PM
Hmmm no bitch-ass precidias out at the track. Too bad. Ran a handful of slow 13.2s. I would have let him run against the Eclipse too if he wanted too ;)

CLiVE
10-20-2002, 10:19 PM
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

kenny
10-20-2002, 11:32 PM
hey we were out the other night and chris raced a buddies well modified 92 tsi awd and chris had him for about 7 or 8 cars

"Objects in mirror are closer than they appear"

James
10-20-2002, 11:58 PM
Originally posted by kenny

"Objects in mirror are closer than they appear"

haha, good one:tongue:

DSM Power
10-21-2002, 12:40 AM
Hmmm no bitch-ass precidias out at the track.
Now there's a shock !! :poosie: ;)

Davetronz
10-21-2002, 12:53 AM
Hahahah this is the first time I saw this thread! Looks like I have been missing out on the DSM fun in here :(
Ok, let me respond to a few here...

Blake: Can I come to your launching school! Someone needs to show me the best way to launch our cars with the AWD.

I wasnt able to make it out due to a family dinner as we have relatives from your home town of Saskatchewan here Blake.

Tom: Can you sit under my hood too and modify my car for me while you are at it! I dont think anything is gonna blow off or fall off so you dont have to worry about that, but feel free to keep modding for me!

7-8 car lengths... I call on the BS meter for this one too.

I guess I should run my car first thing next year before I do any more mods, just to know that I am actually putting money to good use :)

95TsiAWD
10-21-2002, 08:20 AM
Hehe, I raced DSM Power before wrestling yesterday too. Even with the car sliding sideways for the first part of my launch I still took him out of the hole :clap:

DSM Power
10-21-2002, 12:20 PM
:rolleyes: Damn stock clutch! :banghead: Yup, you got mad launchin' skillz Yo!! ;)

Davetronz
10-21-2002, 12:30 PM
Hehe, I raced DSM Power before wrestling yesterday too. Even with the car sliding sideways for the first part of my launch I still took him out of the hole :clap:
I would like to learn this art ;)
And how the hell did you slide sideways?!

ConVict
10-21-2002, 02:24 PM
Anyone know of any FWD launching schools ?

95TsiAWD
10-21-2002, 09:25 PM
When you're spinning all 4 tires the car slides left/right all over th place ;) then it grabs up and you take off. You'd know if you woulda came out to the track :dunno:

Davetronz
10-22-2002, 12:06 AM
I will see it next time, no worries ;)

CLiVE
10-23-2002, 09:10 PM
so is the race on this weekend then???

ecstasy_civic
10-23-2002, 09:25 PM
if someone can get ahold of chris probably