PDA

View Full Version : Anyone here got the Diverticulitis?

Toilet_X
02-12-2019, 10:49 AM
Found out ive got diverts. Cant eat seeds and things that dont digest well or ill have some sort of intestinal herpes flare up ( pretty sure thats what the doc said )
If anyone has this, please share with me anything i can do to bring the pain down. I know you all dont want to think of ol uncle terlet suffering.

Not sure what caused it... prolly didnt tie the retrieval string on the gerbil tight enough. Lil bugger prolly tried to chew its way out.

A790
02-12-2019, 11:45 AM
Weed.

ercchry
02-13-2019, 12:44 AM
I’ll probably get it one day as it’s hereditary, grandfather, uncle , and mom have it, till then I’m going to eat as many beer nuts as I can.

Best tip: don’t eat seeds or nuts! That’s all you have to do to not get a flare up. It’s tough with fruits, even tougher with restaurants as the default when you say you can’t have seeds or nuts is an allergy and they freak out about oils and cross contamination. Flare ups look shitty, just not worth the risk. The smaller seeds seems to cause the most issues

Sugarphreak
02-13-2019, 01:47 AM

maxout
02-13-2019, 03:18 AM
I was just in the hospital in Hong Kong for three days. It was so bad that it crippled me. Doctor said it started on the right side of my abdomen so it was not based on my lifestyle. He said for me it was the luck of the draw that it happened to me. Still going to change my diet up to avoid it happening again. I have a follow up appointment with him so see what else he has to say. As for now, its just cleaning eating. Avoiding tough to digest food like corn, seeds, nuts ETC.

Toilet_X
02-13-2019, 07:14 AM
Oh man, sometimes though you let your guard down. You gotta watch out for peels and stuff too. Ive got two pockets, so its only minor. But when i do slip up and eat sonething im not supposed to, my whole abdomen is on fire, then comes the vomiting. It sounds like you just gotta tough it out. Or ya know.... WEED.

JRSC00LUDE
02-13-2019, 08:47 AM
I enjoyed that people took this seriously before I hit the ignore, played out persona.

A790
02-13-2019, 09:33 AM
Oh man, sometimes though you let your guard down. You gotta watch out for peels and stuff too. Ive got two pockets, so its only minor. But when i do slip up and eat sonething im not supposed to, my whole abdomen is on fire, then comes the vomiting. It sounds like you just gotta tough it out. Or ya know.... WEED.

Wife has chronic stomach issues. Haven't been able to determine why despite 5 years of tests/etc.

When an attack comes on, a mid-THC/high-CBD blend manages her pain more effectively than anything else.

Toilet_X
02-13-2019, 11:13 AM
I enjoyed that people took this seriously before I hit the ignore, played out persona.

Hey! Dont you go hurting my feelings. This is a very sensitive medical issue. You dont see me going after you for being born splay legged and web footed. On the serious side though. Ill give the heathen devil marijuana a go. And if all else fails... black tar heroin.

Toilet_X
02-13-2019, 11:19 AM
How bad is it? Up the whole works or just a few?

*for maxout* forgot to hit the quote button

maxout
02-13-2019, 08:40 PM
It was pretty bad, I wasn't able to sit of stand and laying down was tough. It attacked my entire large intestine. From what he explained was that the pockets was filled with grit and it was not able to digest it. It caught a bad infection and needed heavy antibiotics. The worst case was that I would need surgery to remove a part of it but good that I didn't. They starved me for three days until the inflammation and infection was controlled.

If you have pain on the left side then its a lifestyle that you would need to change. Quit smoking if you are a smoker. Watch what you eat and more movement such as exercise.

Toilet_X
02-14-2019, 04:29 PM
Yeah thats how i found out i have it. Got an infection, the hospital did the same thing to me.