PDA

View Full Version : Rental Shortage in Calgary

JfuckinC
02-14-2019, 12:34 PM
What's going on?! I cant find a truck or SUV anywhere for rent in this city or airdire!

Is it always like this? seems crazy to me haha.. Anyone know of any small rental companys or something?

ExtraSlow
02-14-2019, 12:40 PM
Call the airport desk for any of the larger companies and ask them. Don't rely on the websites.

You need a large SUV? Or small, the fleets are like 50 % small suvs like Hyundai Tuscon etc. It's be crazy if they were sold out.

JfuckinC
02-14-2019, 12:46 PM
Call the airport desk for any of the larger companies and ask them. Don't rely on the websites.

You need a large SUV? Or small, the fleets are like 50 % small suvs like Hyundai Tuscon etc. It's be crazy if they were sold out.

we need a large one for 3 guys, bags and equipment.. Who do you think has the biggest selection? i remember you ran one for a bit eh?

Edit: And preferebly 4x4 and ground clearance for lease roads/leases.. I just dont wanna take my truck the foot well heater doesn't work haha. POS dodges..

Brent.ff
02-14-2019, 12:50 PM
we need a large one for 3 guys, bags and equipment.. Who do you think has the biggest selection? i remember you ran one for a bit eh?

Edit: And preferebly 4x4 and ground clearance for lease roads/leases.. I just dont wanna take my truck the foot well heater doesn't work haha. POS dodges..

driving force always seemed the best for oil field work when i was renting..or at least had the ability to get you things like buggy whips and non-shit tires

ExtraSlow
02-14-2019, 12:51 PM
This is a long weekend (5 days for many families) so the suburban type large suvs really might be sold out.
Avis and budget are the two largest, enterprise might be third?

When do you need to pick it up?

Start working the phones. Call the airport locations, as that's where the most vehicles are, even if you want to rent from a different location. Once you find a company that has a vehicle you want, call the location you prefer and see if they can get one transferred there.

ExtraSlow
02-14-2019, 01:02 PM
EDIT: I still know people at the big shop, so I texted them. Apparently it's not a computer glitch. They really are sold out of every kind of car, truck and SUV today, tomorrow, and probably for the entire weekend. He says it's the Canada winter games in red deer right now, plus the long weekend. This is the season they typically get new deliveries from the manufacturers as well, and those have been delayed. They are short over 100 units at that one company alone.

So yeah, you could be SOL. Truro? Rent my truck?

JfuckinC
02-14-2019, 01:18 PM
Fuck, it's a long weekend! I didn't even think about that.

Guess the 'ol dodge is making the trip lol

bjstare
02-14-2019, 01:20 PM
I was gonna suggest Turo.

Or if it's that important, fly somewhere to pick it up (if it's closer to the destination). i.e. Ft Mac rental companies always have a shitload of trucks for rent.

Disoblige
02-14-2019, 01:33 PM
What about Okotoks?
I'm literally shocked there isn't a rental company within a 50 km radius that won't have a truck available.

ExtraSlow
02-14-2019, 01:35 PM
What about Okotoks?
I'm literally shocked there isn't a rental company within a 50 km radius that won't have a truck available.

I don't know how it works at every company but the one I worked at fed everything from medicine hat to Banff to red deer all from the Calgary airport location. Once the airport runs out. Everywhere is out.

Although worth calling around.

Edit: also, I think you used the wrong number of negatives in your sentence.

bjstare
02-14-2019, 01:45 PM
Edit: also, I think you used the wrong number of negatives in your sentence.

Great catch, my pedantic friend.

KPHMPH
02-14-2019, 01:47 PM
Summit Fleet should have a bunch, they do daily rentals as well.

JfuckinC
02-14-2019, 01:56 PM
Summit Fleet should have a bunch, they do daily rentals as well.

Life Saver! i got the last F-150 they have hahaha Thanks for the tip

ExtraSlow
02-14-2019, 02:06 PM
Great catch, my pedantic friend.

Technically correct is the best kind of correct.

HiTempguy1
02-14-2019, 03:57 PM
Technically correct is the best kind of correct.

:love: I hope we see this phrase more on Beyond.