PDA

View Full Version : Telus outage?

ExtraSlow
02-17-2019, 02:19 PM
What's the best way to check if Telus home services are having an outage or if I have a local issue?
I'm on ftth if that matters.

ganesh
02-17-2019, 02:33 PM
Connect to the router directly (Hard Wire) and check.
I am on FTTH and no issues at all in NW

ExtraSlow
02-17-2019, 02:41 PM
Connect to the router directly (Hard Wire) and check.
I am on FTTH and no issues at all in NW

Yeah, the hard wired devices aren't working, and the optik tv isn't working.

Am I going to have to phone them with my voice like some kind of goddamned caveman?

ganesh
02-17-2019, 02:47 PM
Yeah, the hard wired devices aren't working, and the optik tv isn't working.

Am I going to have to phone them with my voice like some kind of goddamned caveman?

I assume you have already power cycle down the modem and everything.
If none of them had resolved the issue , you need to pick up the phone.

ExtraSlow
02-17-2019, 03:00 PM
Decided I'd tether my cellphone and use that to start a chat with telus support. That's better than voice chat in my opinion.

revelations
02-17-2019, 03:17 PM
Decided I'd tether my cellphone and use that to start a chat with telus support. That's better than voice chat in my opinion.

Yea the live chats seem to work much faster I find .... also an outage usually means its going to be down for a while. Thats pretty much all they can tell you in a chat.

ExtraSlow
02-17-2019, 03:38 PM
You can also start multiple chats to get in multiple queues in case one has a shorter wait time. Today, TV services is significantly shorter than Internet services queue. they claim there's no known outages right now. Working through some troubleshooting.

cyra1ax
02-17-2019, 05:39 PM
Just got fiber installed today, no problems here! Might explain why the tech was facing a 1h wait time to talk to his tech support though...

ExtraSlow
02-17-2019, 05:51 PM
They still claim theres no known outages. The troubleshooting hasn't been effective. They say first possible tech appointment is Tuesday afternoon. Monkey fuckers.

I have expressed my displeasure, and they promise to continue troubleshooting on thier end. That sounds like bullshit though. What possible troubleshooting can they do after a few hours that the initial 1 hour chat didn't take care of?

Fornicate me. No internet, no tv.

ganesh
02-17-2019, 06:10 PM
They still claim theres no known outages. The troubleshooting hasn't been effective. They say first possible tech appointment is Tuesday afternoon. Monkey fuckers.

I have expressed my displeasure, and they promise to continue troubleshooting on thier end. That sounds like bullshit though. What possible troubleshooting can they do after a few hours that the initial 1 hour chat didn't take care of?

Sorry to hear that. Could be a HW issue . They should be able to figure that out from the trouble shooting.

ExtraSlow
02-17-2019, 06:24 PM
We shall see.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't know much about this stuff, but the light on the Telus router is orange instead of green, which feels like a problem before the signal gets to that point.

revelations
02-17-2019, 06:36 PM

Its the same BS as with Shaw. I wonder if they probably did an OTA update of the modem and it fucked things up. Is yours set to factory defaults? If not, try that to start.

ExtraSlow
02-18-2019, 09:28 AM
Was pretty unimpressed with my multiple chats yesterday with the Home TV service agent. She called me back every 90 minutes to have me power cycle everything and "make notes". I asked her if she thought that would help anything, and she admitted that it likely wouldn't. After the second call-back, I told her to stop calling me.
I am dealing with the Home Internet support people this morning, so it's someone different to get salty with. Will see if they can figure anything out. The person this morning at least seems to have clearer communication skills, so that's something . . . . .

Still appears to be an issue just with me, as there's no other outages reported in my area.

ExtraSlow
02-18-2019, 10:43 AM
Well, the new service rep that I have been dealing with today was much better. He seems to be working with a different troubleshooting script than the person yesterday. The issue was found very quickly.

It was
A cable that connects the fibre modem and the ethernet modem had somehow become disconnected. Since that ethernet modem feeds everything, no wonder it didn't work.

Clearly that's not an issue caused by Telus. And probably many homeowners would be able to resolve that on thier own. Apparently not me.

So I'm a little pissed that the first rep wasn't able to troubleshoot that issue. But I can't be too pissed because the issue was caused by someone in my family (probably kids).

speedog
02-18-2019, 10:49 AM
Almost a d'oh moment?

I think you need to smoke some cheese as consolation to yourself.