PDA

View Full Version : Walmarts return policy

Redlyne_mr2
03-28-2004, 10:11 PM
Does anyone here work at Walmart? I bought an energizer car battery from them 3 months ago and I think it's finished. From what I remember I think there's a year warranty but I can't find my receipt. It was also purchased in Red Deer but Im going to have to go to a Walmart here in Ontario. Will they exchange it for me? thanks

BigMass
03-28-2004, 10:26 PM
The 14 year old kids working at Walmart will exhange anything even if you didnt buy it at Walmart. As long as the item scans in their system you can get a refund. I have returned items with no receipt and i'm sure i could take back items that were 5 years old with no problems.

Weapon_R
03-28-2004, 10:27 PM
If they don't, they have a special customer service return policy where they will return products if you raise some hell there. I had the exact same problem, except mine lasted a month, and I went back and they told me that the battery wasn't made for my car...

Anyways, to make a long story short, they returned it under a customer satisfaction policy.

Fluidic
03-28-2004, 11:06 PM
I returned a 14 yr old electric kettle there... they asked me why it was all yellow (used looking) -- I said it was from the sun -- they believed me. :D

Ichigo
03-28-2004, 11:19 PM
I used to work there. There was a lady who wanted to return 1 year old easter lights because 1 bulb was burnt out and she lost her receipt.

Zero102
03-29-2004, 12:33 AM
They will return it. However they will go by the date stamped on the top of the battery.
Been there, done that. I lost the receipt, the battery was 11 months old, but the date on the top said 12 months (and like 3 days), but they exchanged it anyways.

It is 1 year free replacement, then pro-rated for 3 or 4 years after that.
They sell the same batteries there, so don't even tell them it's from red deer. Less reasons for them to refuse. Not that it should matter anyways.

xkon
03-29-2004, 12:55 AM
my bro is bad for that, he's exchanged a watch that he NEVER EVEN GOT AT WAL-MART 3 times now... never asked one question, no receipt... I did the same with a battery a few years ago at WM and they gave me a new one no questions asked!

Redlyne_mr2
03-29-2004, 01:03 AM
Originally posted by xkon
my bro is bad for that, he's exchanged a watch that he NEVER EVEN GOT AT WAL-MART 3 times now... never asked one question, no receipt... I did the same with a battery a few years ago at WM and they gave me a new one no questions asked!
Hahah wtf thats insane I guess until walmart stops making huge profits they will continue to be very liberal. thanks for the input guys

pr0
03-29-2004, 11:50 PM
haha... gotta love walmart.

92civic
03-30-2004, 03:33 AM
what if they don't care that product that you return...and like the 14 year old kettle, are u serious? how do they know how much money to give u? I'v returned a lot of junk there like used hub caps and stuff...but thats because they always carried the product there and had a price for them...

sputnik
03-30-2004, 08:47 AM
With Energizer you dont even need to bring it back to Wal-Mart... you can just go to anywhere that sells Energizer car batteries

96Mx6
03-30-2004, 02:19 PM
In edmonton you can only return stuff without a receipt 3 times. They asked for my ID to confirm that I wasn't giving a crap name.

Fluidic
03-30-2004, 07:55 PM
They just gave me the "lowest" sale price on one of there cheap electric kettles made by Sunbeam or whatever the company. :)

It was like 35 bucks or something that I got for it... but they gave it to me on a dumbass Walmart gift card -- I purchased a cleaning kit and lots of soap for my car. :D

three.eighteen.
03-31-2004, 12:30 AM
im gonna put my dirty car oil back into a jug of mobil 1 and see if i can get some free oil...

bighead411
03-31-2004, 04:04 PM
haha........i dont' think they will refund for your dirty oil....unless u sleep with one of their old lady employee there.........just kidding. i think they u can do that. plus. it's not a good idea to ruin this liberal return policy!!

thinmyster
05-22-2009, 08:50 AM
ancient bump. But does anyone know if you can return a battery twice on warranty?

History:
Bought battery June 07
Alternator killed it Aug 07 *returned 1st time*
Dead again May 09

Warranty good til ~June 10

Thanks

5hift
05-22-2009, 09:56 AM
I think it also depends what location you are at.

I know at the Westbrook Calgary location, they ask for ID and look at the reciept and product closely.

At the Lethbridge location, I returned this dog grooming kit that had like a million pieces. The girl didnt even check anything, just looked on the reciept and gave me cash back. I could have put a small rock in the box and I'm sure she would have taken it back.

I remember back in the days of CD players, my friends Discman he got for xmas broke after he dropped it riding. It was so obviously damaged from being thrashed and he exchanged it without a reciept to the walmart store that didnt even carry that model.

Just go when its a young kid. The more emo/goth looking the better the more they just want to fuck over their own company.

403Gemini
05-22-2009, 10:07 AM
I knew this was old because Redlyne was typing like this ;)

Why did you stop man? ;)

EM1FTW
05-23-2009, 09:05 AM
Originally posted by three.eighteen.
im gonna put my dirty car oil back into a jug of mobil 1 and see if i can get some free oil...

been there, done that.
it DOES work

adidas
05-23-2009, 09:30 AM
Originally posted by EM1FTW

been there, done that.
it DOES work

loool u serious?

and when walmart doesnt wanna let me return a product, i just leave and go to the next one!

always had success!