PDA

View Full Version : Filing a Car Crash Police Report, Dude tries to cut in, I don't let him in...

Pages : [1] 2

Ferio_vti
03-05-2019, 04:47 PM
*please move thread if it's in the wrong place.

I had a fender bender today with a guy that first tried to cut into my lane.
This first happened where Beddington Trail to Deerfoot goes from 3 to 2 lanes. I was in the middle lane, he came flying in on the right at the last second into a space not big enough for his F-150 truck.
He proceeded to ride the shoulder next to me.
I was kinda in both remaining lanes, he backed off and followed me.

I stayed in the right lane, heading up to 64 ave. He went passed me on the right lane. I change lanes, following him, heading to the left turn lights to 64, he slammed on the brakes. I attempted to stop but failed. I know there are no cars ahead of him

I have video footage all of this.

However, how much should I be putting on the police report? Just the moment of impact? How there were no car ahead of him and he stop suddenly? Is the evens leading up to him slamming brakes something to mention?

Sentry
03-05-2019, 04:50 PM
Yikes. Maybe just mention the brake check and give footage of just the brake check. Shitty situation for you to be in, because at the end of the day you hit him not the other way around.

A790
03-05-2019, 04:50 PM

This first happened where Beddington Trail to Deerfoot goes from 3 to 2 lanes. I was in the middle lane, he came flying in on the right at the last second into a space not big enough for his F-150 truck.

I stayed in the right lane, heading up to 64 ave. He went passed me on the right lane. I change lanes, following him, heading to the left turn lights to 64, he slammed on the brakes. I attempted to stop but failed. I know there are no cars ahead of him

However, how much should I be putting on the police report? Just the moment of impact? How there were no car ahead of him and he stop suddenly? Is the evens leading up to him slamming brakes something to mention?

Give your account of the events as honestly and accurately as possible. Provide the full video. Better to give more detail than not enough- you can count on the other driver trying to fuck you over.

tha_bandit
03-05-2019, 04:52 PM
Good thing you got it all on camera, next time don't follow these type of fools, I would provide all the video

Misterman
03-05-2019, 04:54 PM

I wouldn't go into a bunch of detail. But it doesn't hurt your case to mention he was driving erratically and trying to pass on the shoulder prior to this. Either way, your video is going to be your evidence for the actual dangerous driving you would be trying to have him nailed for.

Tik-Tok
03-05-2019, 04:54 PM
I hope you didn't tell him you have a dashcam. These types of people deserve to be charged with filing a false police report.

Ferio_vti
03-05-2019, 05:08 PM
I explained a detailed summary with insurance, mentioned I have video.
But I don't think the earlier part is needed for the police report. Just moment of impact details.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't think he saw the dashcam.
He was also filming on his cellphone when he got out.
I refused to get out of my car, as I felt threatened. Also, I think he wanted me to talk/say things he could get recorded.
we showed info thru the window.

Mitsu3000gt
03-05-2019, 05:11 PM
Playing the devil's advocate, could he not just claim he thought he saw an animal or something run out in front of thim, and you should have been a more safe distance behind him? Whether or not that is true, as long as he says he thought he saw something, it is reasonable to slam the brakes just in case, and there should have been no accident if following at a proper distance.

He sounds like a giant d-bag but I feel like even with video all he would have to do is say he thought he saw something he needed to stop for, no? What if this exact same thing happened (minus the ill intent) and the front car honestly did think they saw something dart out, so they floored the brakes?

Ferio_vti
03-05-2019, 05:17 PM
Playing the devil's advocate, could he not just claim he thought he saw an animal or something run out in front of thim, and you should have been a more safe distance behind him? Whether or not that is true, as long as he says he thought he saw something, it is reasonable to slam the brakes just in case, and there should have been no accident if following at a proper distance.

He sounds like a giant d-bag but I feel like even with video all he would have to do is say he thought he saw something he needed to stop for, no? What if this exact same thing happened (minus the ill intent) and the front car honestly did think they saw something dart out, so they floored the brakes?

You make a good point. One thing to point out, he came to my car, saying repeatedly that it's my fault cuz I was following too close, hoping I would react or something.
Sounds like that will be his story for now...
I guess we'll just see what happens...

Swank
03-05-2019, 05:21 PM
Yeah, it's almost impossible to prove a brake check with the intent to cause harm. If the cam footage shows aggressive driving leading up to the brake check it would help but still a long shot. All he has to say is he was having chest pains and hit the brakes. 99% of the time backing away from these ragers before an incident is the best bet.

Good luck OP, hopefully this works out for you.

roopi
03-05-2019, 05:21 PM
Let's see the video

max_boost
03-05-2019, 05:22 PM
What a shitty situation all around and yup, let's see the video.

thinmyster
03-05-2019, 05:30 PM
Let's see the video

:thumbsup:

Ferio_vti
03-05-2019, 05:31 PM
Video (sorry no time to up to youtube):
https://filebin.net/hn32uqihcx28rx9d/before.MOV?t=7cio2uan

https://filebin.net/hn32uqihcx28rx9d/result.mov?t=zzss6l6c

Mitsu3000gt
03-05-2019, 05:40 PM
I'm interested in the outcome but I think the OP is SOL. For example if I saw a shadow or something on the road, thought it was a dog or a child, and slammed on the brakes, it wouldn't be my fault if someone hit me from behind. The dash cam in the following vehicle wouldn't necessarily capture what the lead driver saw, and that shouldn't matter as long as the lead driver thought they saw something. It's something very easily abused if your plan is in fact to brake-check someone and cause an accident they will then be liable for. I think the insurance response will be that regardless of the lead car's intentions, the accident would never have occurred if following at a safe distance. Frustrating for sure, especially because it really sounds like this guy did it on purpose.

Thaco
03-05-2019, 05:50 PM
yeah i think you're fucked, if you couldn't stop, you were following too close, regardless of how quickly and unexpectedly he stopped.

Tik-Tok
03-05-2019, 05:52 PM
Depends on what the douche says happened to the police /insurance. If he says there was a car in front of him, the video shows otherwise.

civicHB
03-05-2019, 05:55 PM
Depends on what the douche says happened to the police /insurance. If he says there was a car in front of him, the video shows otherwise.

yep, hopefully his statement is false and the video proves him wrong.

Cagare
03-05-2019, 06:16 PM
Brake check or not, a rear ending is always 100% fault of the person behind unfortunately. He could have any amount of things he can say he stopped for. Unfortunately filing a false report won’t change the fault for the accident just cause the other driver problems potentially, but I don’t know if the dash cam will show that he stopped for no reason.

How did the conversation go right after the collision? You both knew what’s up at that point, or did you not talk to one another?

ShermanEF9
03-05-2019, 06:21 PM
What the police report says vs what insurance sees is two different things. its as simple as you hit a car infront of you. it doesn't matter why, what happened before, or if he slammed on his brakes for fun.

revelations
03-05-2019, 06:29 PM
Very quick opinion (would need more time to analyse) from watching the video:

- you were a bit of a douche for not letting this clown in to begin with, but he did barge in the end
- obvious brake check and the dumnuts then pulled over right after to show no one in front of him.

Thats likely going to be a refutable claim on the offendors part as this has been demonstrated here on /b before with the BMW on Beddington Tr. incident a few years ago where the brake checker had their insurance claim tossed - base on the dashcam footage.

Thank fucking christ you had a cam.

EDIT - anyone saying 100% rear-ender fault always - please check the thread in question:

https://forums.beyond.ca/threads/369513-Seeking-witness-NB-Deerfoot-Beddington-(video-inside)?highlight=beddington%2C+bmw

Accord driver's claim (the brake checker) has been 100% denied for damages (not even his vehicle by the way) by the girlfriend's (victim) insurance company.

born2workoncars
03-05-2019, 06:50 PM
Guy was being a douche, but why didn’t you just let him in and forget about it? Seems like ego made this into a bigger problem than it had to be. Let the dude cut you off and move on.

heavyD
03-05-2019, 06:57 PM
I have to admit after watching the videos it's probably best you take your medicine and learn from this avoidable situation. The truck driver was near the end of a merge lane and trying to get in and you didn't let him in. That's on you not him. I wish people in this city would understand that they are supposed to let merging traffic into their lane as this is something that happens far too much. As for the rear ender, while there's no apparent reason for him to slam on his brakes like that from this view you it is in the vicinity of an intersection and a merge lane on the right. It's also clear you were too close and didn't give yourself enough time to react so if anything it proves that you were at fault. I don't see you getting out of this so it's best to learn from this and move on.

Masked Bandit
03-05-2019, 07:00 PM
OP...you're screwed. You're at fault all day long here my friend, sorry.

max_boost
03-05-2019, 07:01 PM
Guy was being a douche, but why didn’t you just let him in and forget about it? Seems like ego made this into a bigger problem than it had to be. Let the dude cut you off and move on.

:werd:

When someone walks faster than you on the streets, you generally don't bat an eye but if someone tries to pass you on the roads, all hell breaks loose. :dunno:

I'm glad I got rid of my road rage almost a decade ago. Now I just don't care.

Thaco
03-05-2019, 07:01 PM
could have all been avoided if people knew what a zipper merge is...

max_boost
03-05-2019, 07:02 PM

Yup. Other drivers hate me but I always drive to the very end or I'll inch up and make the other driver drive to the very end before letting him in lol

shakalaka
03-05-2019, 07:18 PM
From the video it doesn't quite look like you were tailgating him or anything, at least not from what I can tell. It does seem like you didn't brake as soon as he did and you had a delayed reaction somewhat. Will be hard to prove that he did indeed do a brake check just for the sake of it because the video doesn't capture what is in front of him at the time when he starts braking. Keep us updated with what happens and what the cops say.

freshvibes
03-05-2019, 07:54 PM
Sorry that happened to you, but this situation was 100% preventable if you just let him in:dunno:

D'z Nutz
03-05-2019, 08:01 PM
Brake check or not, a rear ending is always 100% fault of the person behind unfortunately.

Except it's not.

https://forums.beyond.ca/threads/369513-Seeking-witness-NB-Deerfoot-Beddington-(video-inside)

msommers
03-05-2019, 08:09 PM
As soon as you started the story, I figured it was some d-bag in a pickup truck. I'm up in Macewan at the moment and the amount of pickups that drive like pricks around here is staggering.

Can only imagine what Airdrie is like :rofl:

dj_rice
03-05-2019, 08:20 PM
Is this the car that had the messed up door you were trying to fix awhile ago? If so, yeah after watching the videos...your hooped I think...and if Bill says your done. Your done. Just find it funny that you were so big ego to not let him in and then also had to prove your point by going in the middle of both lanes as well. But yet you stayed in your car cause you felt threatened when he got out of his car....not sure what to say about that but yolo.

Tik-Tok
03-05-2019, 08:22 PM
Bill knows about insurance, but he's not an adjuster.

lilmira
03-05-2019, 08:31 PM
I’m not seeing anything that can pin the accident on the trucker.

shakalaka
03-05-2019, 08:58 PM
Have to say, definitely a douchebag move to purposely not let someone in. The whole idea is to be courteous to other drivers and make room for them, not speed up when you see someone trying to merge. Not sure if that's what the OP did but I mean in general. I hate people like that.

spikerS
03-05-2019, 08:59 PM
Bill knows about insurance, but he's not an adjuster.

while true, do you not think he sees his clients claims on a daily basis and how they turn out? I would venture to say that if Bill says OP is at fault, Bill is gonna be right more often than any armchar quarterback on here. He has been doing this long enough to know what's up in these situations.

Tik-Tok
03-05-2019, 09:05 PM
His office didn't even know I had an accident, so I don't think he sees as much as you think he does.

blairtruck
03-05-2019, 09:24 PM
There is a few posts on r/edmonton about a dude who brake checked another dude for flashing his light bar. And the truck rear ended the car. The court date was last month. The brake checker was being chraged with careless driving. dash cam from witness and from Truck. when the car who braked checked found out the video was on facebook there were threats also if i remember correctly.
https://www.reddit.com/r/Edmonton/comments/aur7ss/update_turns_out_the_car_wasnt_merging_from_the/

ShermanEF9
03-05-2019, 09:26 PM
Have to say, definitely a douchebag move to purposely not let someone in. The whole idea is to be courteous to other drivers and make room for them, not speed up when you see someone trying to merge. Not sure if that's what the OP did but I mean in general. I hate people like that.

this. it doesn't matter if someone is infront of you when they merge. its not like you win a prize for being "first"

Thaco
03-05-2019, 09:30 PM

not to mention, he did the exact same shit to the ford SUV just before the truck did it to him... slightly hypocritical.

Disoblige
03-05-2019, 09:43 PM
I have to admit after watching the videos it's probably best you take your medicine and learn from this avoidable situation. The truck driver was near the end of a merge lane and trying to get in and you didn't let him in. That's on you not him. I wish people in this city would understand that they are supposed to let merging traffic into their lane as this is something that happens far too much. As for the rear ender, while there's no apparent reason for him to slam on his brakes like that from this view you it is in the vicinity of an intersection and a merge lane on the right. It's also clear you were too close and didn't give yourself enough time to react so if anything it proves that you were at fault. I don't see you getting out of this so it's best to learn from this and move on.
This.

OP, hopefully you learned from this experience.

spikerS
03-05-2019, 09:45 PM
His office didn't even know I had an accident, so I don't think he sees as much as you think he does.

oh, well i guess by your experience, he knows nothing...

?????
03-05-2019, 09:56 PM
Agreed as well.
I'm a very "aggressive" as most people would say driver and I probably would have done exactly what the truck did and make use of that lane till the end. Looked like there was enough room to me.
The issue I have with people like the OP is that they take the extra effort to speed up so you can't get in. I'd have no problem merging behind someone if they are driving at their constant speed and there was no room.

However, OP didn't deserve to be brake checked for that. Good luck.

ExtraSlow
03-05-2019, 10:02 PM
I could use some not at fault collision claims, maybe I'll start brake checking people. Win!

thinmyster
03-05-2019, 10:07 PM
So if this ended up being not his fault who pays for all the damages? 50/50? Assume your insurance would go up in this case too?

Did the brake checker in the other thread have to pay for all the damages?

rx7boi
03-05-2019, 10:14 PM
Damn, I know it's counter-intuitive but I should start moving from that middle lane into that right most lane so I can cut back in, even though I know it ends in a merge.

Makes no sense for me to stay in a slower lane behind more cars when I can get ahead in traffic.

+1 respect for Beyond delivering yet another life hack.

ThePenIsMightier
03-05-2019, 10:40 PM
Video (sorry no time to up to youtube):
https://filebin.net/hn32uqihcx28rx9d/before.MOV?t=7cio2uan

https://filebin.net/hn32uqihcx28rx9d/result.mov?t=zzss6l6c

You rear-ended a guy.
I figured it would be a video of you chasing him like a psycho with him just touching the brakes and you wrecking into him like a Nascar. No. He was well in front of you. He touched the brakes once and you didn't really react although you also didn't seem to gain much ground. Then he came to a fairly abrupt stop and you weren't really paying enough attention to react in time and you hit him. Hard, too! I think you blew it.
2-cents.

dirtsniffer
03-05-2019, 11:04 PM
Play stupid games. Win stupid prizes.

I don't think the video shows what he was or wasn't stopping for and with traffic stopped beside him there could have easily been someone trying to change lanes or something. Also, because you refused to let him in you can't even prove it was him that you got into a pissing match with.

speedog
03-06-2019, 07:13 AM
Play stupid games. Win stupid prizes.

Regardless of what occurred in video 2, exactly how much would've it hurt or cost the OP to just let the guy in in video 1. Yeah, it as maybe a bit dickish for him to come up and push over like that at the end of the merge lane but the OP certainly was no angel by continuing to be an ass by their own further actions. Should've just let him in, grind your teeth a little bit and go on with your day but instead the OP just created a whole bunch more of shit for themselves to deal with.

dj_rice
03-06-2019, 09:13 AM
Was OP driving the Honda Prelude? Now that its been in a fender bender, the value has gone way down, I'll give you $500 for it now

Mitsu3000gt
03-06-2019, 10:20 AM
Just kind of a general comment regarding not letting people in, there have been lots of times I have not let people in, not because I am trying to be an ass, but because it's extremely slippery and likely would not be able to stop in time if someone cut in front of me, eliminating the safe following distance I once had. I remember one instance in particular, I was in the far right lane of Crowchild right where it turns into Bow Trail/ 9th ave by the old children's hospital. All the d-bags who fly down the left lane and now want in at the very front come to a complete stop in the middle of Crowchild to try and force their way into the right hand lane going onto 9th ave. It was extremely icy, I couldn't stop in a shorter distance than the space I had left, and this guy literally forces his way RIGHT in front of my car. We weren't going fast at all but by the time I stopped/slid I was probably 1" from hitting him. He leans fully out his window to scream at me, fingers me, etc.

Brent.ff
03-06-2019, 10:29 AM
Yeah, it as maybe a bit dickish for him to come up and push over like that at the end of the merge lane but the OP certainly was no angel by continuing to be an ass by their own further actions. .

Dont think it was dickish at all, there was easily a truck width of room between him and the 4runner and the guy was accelerating to take the obvious space. Had the guy been allowed that space (i.e., zipper merge), there would be less impact to traffic flow.. Only dick was accelerating to block the space and not allowing him in. Where the hell else was he supposed to go by that point?

Tik-Tok
03-06-2019, 10:38 AM
Dont think it was dickish at all, there was easily a truck width of room between him and the 4runner and the guy was accelerating to take the obvious space. Had the guy been allowed that space (i.e., zipper merge), there would be less impact to traffic flow.. Only dick was accelerating to block the space and not allowing him in. Where the hell else was he supposed to go by that point?

He could have slowed down to get behind OP. It's one thing I consistently notice about drivers. No matter how much room is behind a person, they have to throttle it to get in front of them, instead of easing off the gas to go behind.

Brent.ff
03-06-2019, 10:43 AM
He could have slowed down to get behind OP. It's one thing I consistently notice about drivers. No matter how much room is behind a person, they have to throttle it to get in front of them, instead of easing off the gas to go behind.

open space at end of merge lane - zipper merge. He was doing what is the most effective until the OP felt like flexing

Misterman
03-06-2019, 10:52 AM

So true. Guy pulled this shit with me the other day. His lane is ending, I'm bumper to bumper with the car in front of me, his front bumper is in line with my passenger rear door. 4 car lengths of room behind me. Dude decides he is going to just try to force me to make space for him by speeding up and putting his signal on. Fuck him. I just held my position and he just started moving over. If I had collision insurance on the car I was driving, I probably would've just called his bluff and let him hit me if he took it that far. I ended up letting him in, but blaring my horn behind him for 2 straight city blocks. He opened his window to try and yell some profanities, I asked if he was a halftard or fulltard? Which enraged him further, told him if he wanted to make a deal about it he could pull over. Otherwise fuck off.

I will say though, the zipper merge seems to most misunderstood by people who continuously tout about other people not using it. OP's incident aside as I haven't seen the video. But in general, zipper merge is used for construction zones shutting down a lane. The problem in Canada is that you physically cannot do a zipper merge, because they drop the limit from 100 to 50, which removes any semblance of following distance that is required for traffic to zipper in. They think we are being safe, but instead we just cause a clusterfuck and a traffic jam. U.S. has it figured out, speed limits don't even change unless they're physically impacting the driving lane.

Tik-Tok
03-06-2019, 10:52 AM
open space at end of merge lane - zipper merge. He was doing what is the most effective until the OP felt like flexing

That wasn't a safe open space though IMO, not with traffic slowing down ahead.

prae
03-06-2019, 11:06 AM
What gives me a LOL is that OP effectively did something similar to the antagonist, merging in front of the car he was originally behind. Then he gets butthurt about another vehicle doing it to him.

heavyD
03-06-2019, 11:09 AM
That wasn't a safe open space though IMO, not with traffic slowing down ahead.

Yes it was. The OP was not bumper to bumper and clearly could see the intentions of the truck to merge ahead of him and instead of doing the right thing and letting him in, he speeds up. I would have done the exact same thing as the truck driver in that situation (the merging part). Seriously some of you are reaffirming why this city is such a trainwreck on the streets at times with your lack of general understanding of how merging lanes should work as there's also responsibility required of the driver in the lane that vehicles are merging into to pay attention and be courteous.

rage2
03-06-2019, 11:23 AM
https://nationalpost.com/news/canada/all-hail-the-zipper-merge-how-canadian-politeness-is-killing-the-efficiency-of-our-highways

At the first sign of a lane coming to an end, the Canadian strategy is to immediately cram into single file and abandon the soon-to-run-out lane.

Then, as cars slowly inch ahead through the gap, they zealously defend the sanctity of the line by aggressively blocking the entry of any and all late mergers.

But the late mergers always get through, forcing the queued drivers to watch with mounting frustration as BMW after BMW cuts to the front of the line.

The system is dangerous, anarchic, slow — and in some of the better-driving parts of the world it’s illegal. In Germany or Austria, refusing entry to a late merger can get you a ticket.

ExtraSlow
03-06-2019, 11:35 AM
Slowing down in a merge lane is awful. Merge with the gas pedal, not the brake. OP FTL.

Kg810
03-06-2019, 11:48 AM
Yeah OP is fucked and an idiot, imo.

- If you're going to take the merge lane, take it all the way to the end just like the truck driver did.
- Don't be a little baby and speed up to prevent drivers who are actually utilizing the merge lane correctly and then cry about it.
- You put yourself in the position for an altercation and by the looks of it you didn't even hit the brakes until the last second. Slow reaction much?

Little Dragon
03-06-2019, 11:55 AM
Give all the info to your insurance, doesn't hurt to include it on the police report but keep in mind police and insurance determine fault separately. If the police side with you, at least you won't get a ticket. Then it's up to your insurance to fight with his and determine fault.

In our case the police sided with my ex, ripped up the tickets and we told the other guy's insurance to pound sand when they wanted to place fault. Brake checker's insurance ended up paying for majority of damages to ex's car instead.

Edit: I haven't watched your video yet but our situation might be different as the guy came to a complete stop before being hit. You can check the video in the thread linked previously.

vengie
03-06-2019, 11:58 AM
That is one of the dumbest series of events I have ever seen...

This is on you OP. :banghead:

rage2
03-06-2019, 12:07 PM
I don't even get how he rear ended the guy. He wasn't tailgating him, just wasn't paying attention and slammed what looks like full speed into the truck.

That wasn't really a brake check or anything, he's slowing down marginally more than the truck beside him. :dunno:

lasimmon
03-06-2019, 12:43 PM
Yep thats gonna cost the OP.

All because you sped up and didn't let the guy in. Idiot.

Hell, I don't even think he was break checking you, everyone on the right slammed on the breaks and someone could have been in front of him. Had tons of time to stop if you were paying attention.

Rocket1k78
03-06-2019, 12:49 PM
Sorry to say but OP is fucked. I was expecting the truck guy to be a complete douche after the first incident but he wasnt and the brake check was not really super obvious that he was trying to mess with him. I'm also surprised at how fast op slammed into him

I go down that exact route every morning and i always choose the left lane even though its always longer to avoid this shit. I used to have serious road rage and i would do similar to what op did and not let people in if they went all the way down the merge lane, whats even worse is i would sometimes be the a hole and go all the way down then butt in.
I got in a serious incident years ago and got off super lucky for how bad it got and it literally started off with something this petty. People are getting killed over this shit now FFFS

G-ZUS
03-06-2019, 01:00 PM
Wasnt there a similar situation posted on here when dashcams were just gaining popularity? Some Asian girl rear ended some arab looking guy ok the deerfoot north to beddington ramp and he was proven at fault due to her dash cam as there was nothing or no one ahead of him

shakalaka
03-06-2019, 01:04 PM
The lack of appropriate driver training before you get your license here with the influx of immigrants who have varied kinds of driving experience is a great recipe for disaster. If we had population like the US, we'd have collisions 24/7. The right thing to do is the zipper merge at the end of the merging lane - BUT people seem to think that is the other person trying to butt in and purposely go out of their way to stop them from merging. The more significant issue is when people try to merge as soon as they realize that the lane is stopped or something. That causes more significant issues. Boils my freaking blood sometimes but I try not to react to it. Of the worst kind of mergers are the ones that DO NOT FUCKING KNOW WHAT A FREE FLOW LANE IS!!! They just stand there like fucking numb nuts waiting on other side to clear out when they don't need to. Argh...that's just whole another topic though. Thinking about the incompetence of people driving on our roads including fucking taxi drivers boils my fucking blood.

Disoblige
03-06-2019, 01:06 PM
Wasnt there a similar situation posted on here when dashcams were just gaining popularity? Some Asian girl rear ended some arab looking guy ok the deerfoot north to beddington ramp and he was proven at fault due to her dash cam as there was nothing or no one ahead of him
https://forums.beyond.ca/threads/369513-Seeking-witness-NB-Deerfoot-Beddington-(video-inside)
As posted from Deez already, but that situation shows clearly nothing in front. Evidence was more clear.

Edit: Hmm, but I guess video does kinda show there was nothing in front of him either if we wanted to play devil's advocate. I think the reaction time is still poor though.

lilmira
03-06-2019, 01:10 PM
Do people push their shopping carts aggressively just the same as they are driving? I wonder

sabad66
03-06-2019, 01:11 PM
just watched the videos and i'd say OP is 100% at fault here. Roads looked dry and it's obvious that you had enough time to stop even if it was a brake-check. You were probably pissed/distracted which messed with your reaction time but unfortunately that's on you.

i'll agree with others that you should have just let him in from the beginning. The roads were dry and there was enough room for him. Instead you decided to basically play chicken with him and force him into the shoulder lane which ultimately stressed you out/made you anxious which caused you to not pay attention a half minute later and rear end him.

my opinion is you take this is an expensive lesson and change your driving habits in the future. there is no prize for holding your ground and not letting a guy in (regardless if you think he is a dick for "butting in line"). It's just not worth it.

Star1995
03-06-2019, 01:42 PM
Not only are you fucked but you're an idiot too, the guy you hit didn't brake check you or that's the worst brake check in history. He touched his brakes once before hand and not to mention the car in the right lane was also stopping so something was happening in front that you didn't notice. Now that the video is in the public domain you can expect to see this on the news in the next few days. Enjoy your fine, insurance rate hike and the humiliation of your actions.

LilDrunkenSmurf
03-06-2019, 01:46 PM
Not only are you fucked but you're an idiot too, the guy you hit didn't brake check you or that's the worst brake check in history. He touched his brakes once before hand and not to mention the car in the right lane was also stopping so something was happening in front that you didn't notice. Now that the video is in the public domain you can expect to see this on the news in the next few days. Enjoy your fine, insurance rate hike and the humiliation of your actions.

Wow, that was just straight up savage.

thinmyster
03-06-2019, 02:04 PM

And a rep for you good sir! Good Day.

bjstare
03-06-2019, 02:25 PM
Wow, that was just straight up savage.

Was it savage, or was it just honest? Just because it's the blunt truth doesn't automatically mean it's savage IMO. haha

Mitsu3000gt
03-06-2019, 02:38 PM
I finally was able to watch the video and that was not a brake check haha. OP entirely at fault - completely avoidable IMO.

lasimmon
03-06-2019, 03:24 PM
Too bad the OP won't come back and say anything.

ExtraSlow
03-06-2019, 03:29 PM
He's busy filing a hurt feelings report now.

Buster
03-06-2019, 03:36 PM
I saw the OP do at least two things that were against the law, and a few more that were just stupid.

OP is why my kids have their seatbelts on before we leave the garage.

SJW
03-06-2019, 04:45 PM
OP is a dickbag driver. Fuck, 2 seconds out of your day to let someone in who is merging correctly. I hope you get the book thrown at you dickhead.

benyl
03-06-2019, 05:03 PM
Was it savage, or was it just honest? Just because it's the blunt truth doesn't automatically mean it's savage IMO. haha

Can't be Savage. No M3 involved here.

ThePenIsMightier
03-06-2019, 11:55 PM
He's busy filing a hurt feelings report now.

Maybe, but if we refer to his previous video, we can see that he dealt with this most recent brake check far better than his first time seen here:
Skip to 25 sec mark
eSE3fkeHAmo

snowcat
03-07-2019, 03:56 AM
Ahh the ol gun it to block someone from merging in.

Big man behind the wheel and then when you have to face that person you hide in your car.

Along with texting drivers, uneducated and scared drivers, you’re the problem with Calgary.

speedog
03-07-2019, 07:02 AM

Big man behind the wheel and then when you have to face that person you hide in your car.

Along with texting drivers, uneducated and scared drivers, you’re the problem with Calgary.

Hello pot.

Tik-Tok
03-07-2019, 11:19 AM
Yes it was. The OP was not bumper to bumper and clearly could see the intentions of the truck to merge ahead of him and instead of doing the right thing and letting him in, he speeds up. I would have done the exact same thing as the truck driver in that situation (the merging part). Seriously some of you are reaffirming why this city is such a trainwreck on the streets at times with your lack of general understanding of how merging lanes should work as there's also responsibility required of the driver in the lane that vehicles are merging into to pay attention and be courteous.

I know exactly how merging lanes should work, and I'm not defending the OP's douchiness, but a full size truck did NOT have enough room for a proper safe merge, even before OP sped up. Merging into that space would have left probably less than a meter between OP and the truck, which is not sufficient at that speed. If the SUV in front had to do a sudden brake, then OP would have plowed into the truck. If I were the truck, I would not even have attempted to try for that spot, I would have slowed to get behind OP.

Hello pot.

In fairness, Scat doesn't hide behind his bike, he just runs away.

sabad66
03-07-2019, 11:36 AM
I know exactly how merging lanes should work, and I'm not defending the OP's douchiness, but a full size truck did NOT have enough room for a proper safe merge, even before OP sped up. Merging into that space would have left probably less than a meter between OP and the truck, which is not sufficient at that speed. If the SUV in front had to do a sudden brake, then OP would have plowed into the truck. If I were the truck, I would not even have attempted to try for that spot, I would have slowed to get behind OP.

what if the space between OP and the guy behind him was even smaller/more dangerous? if i remember correctly from the video, OP merged in from the right as well so very likely there was little room behind him.

Disoblige
03-07-2019, 11:54 AM
Is it safe to say this is the last time we're going to hear from Ferio_vti?
R.I.P. another Beyond user who got shamed out of here.

Same as ddduke, just lurking in his alias too scared to post. https://forums.beyond.ca/members/37800-dropdat

Nothing wrong with owning up to mistakes. We're human.

heavyD
03-07-2019, 01:55 PM

Same as ddduke, just lurking in his alias too scared to post. https://forums.beyond.ca/members/37800-dropdat

Yeah I think all of us have made mistakes on the road at one time or another and it's nothing to be ashamed about. In fact I would hope that he may have learned a lesson and will be a better driver for it. No reason to be scared to post as it's just the internet and not serious business.

dj_rice
03-07-2019, 02:01 PM
Yeah I think all of us have made mistakes on the road at one time or another and it's nothing to be ashamed about. In fact I would hope that he may have learned a lesson and will be a better driver for it. No reason to be scared to post as it's just the internet and not serious business.

:werd::whocares: can admin see the last time he logged in to confirm hes hiding? LOL

Rocket1k78
03-07-2019, 03:14 PM
Hello pot.

100%. i wish i had the time to find the video where he harasses some jay walker in forest lawn and when the guy doesnt back off he books it :rofl:

dirtsniffer
03-07-2019, 03:38 PM

Dang Ferio first posted in 2002.

Maxx Mazda
03-07-2019, 04:03 PM
Wow what a dickhead for not letting the truck in! He had an entire empty lane to move over to as well!

Beyond justice is best justice.

370Z
03-07-2019, 05:28 PM

This...OP is a fucking idiot. I used to live in Evanston so I know exactly where this took place. It's a zipper merge location but every fucking morning some dumbass will slam their brakes in order to merge it at some random place, and if you try and go to the end and zipper merge, there is always a 50/50 chance some dumb fuck like the OP who doesn't know how these lanes work and won't let you in because they think it's "wrong".

Asian_defender
03-07-2019, 05:46 PM

:clap:

dino_martini
03-07-2019, 06:01 PM
Do people push their shopping carts aggressively just the same as they are driving? I wonder

Have you ever been to Costco on a Saturday?

ThePenIsMightier
04-09-2019, 07:52 AM
You make a good point. One thing to point out, he came to my car, saying repeatedly that it's my fault cuz I was following too close, hoping I would react or something.
Sounds like that will be his story for now...
I guess we'll just see what happens...

So, ummm... Any updates?
I imagine everything went super good with the police report and all the video evidence you presented?
What happened to the links you posted?

spikerS
04-09-2019, 08:43 AM
LOL, he deleted them after being told he was an idiot. Looks like I saved a copy of them. I will reload them to YT so we all can see the douchebaggery again.

ZiLZfQUess8
Sxcgx5rfVQs

give it a couple mins for the links to become active.

ThePenIsMightier
04-09-2019, 08:50 AM
LOL, he deleted them after being told he was an idiot. Looks like I saved a copy of them. I will reload them to YT so we all can see the douchebaggery again.

ZiLZfQUess8
Sxcgx5rfVQs

give it a couple mins for the links to become active.

Nice save on the savings!

bourge73
04-09-2019, 08:53 AM
Fucking op deserves a beat down. Clown

rx7boi
04-09-2019, 09:01 AM
I've been following this witch hunt from the get go but never watched the videos until now. Say what you will but I don't see anything in front of the truck that merits such a brake response.

At 0:15, there's no cars in front of him pretty much all the way until the light. Then, the way his truck veers and shakes when braking at 0:20 isn't normal in my experience. It's a clear day with nothing on the ground from what I can see.

Buddy even gets out of his truck and gestures with a "alrighty get over here and let's get this done, faggot."

All I see in this thread is a bunch of victim blaming, advocating for zipper merging while pushing in like a douchebag and casually blowing past brake checking so you can stand on your soapboxes and hound OP to death.

Y'all are crazy lol. If you're gonna play devil's advocate, at least play both sides.