PDA

View Full Version : Ski with ExtraSlow - Norquay Carpool day Wednesday April 10th

ExtraSlow
03-06-2019, 04:17 PM
Beyond.ca ski trip? I'm going skiing next Wednesday and you can join me! Norquay is running their carpool day, which means an entire vehicle of people can ski for $50.

Norquay Details: https://banffnorquay.com/about-norquay/its-cool-to-car-pool/.

ExtraSlow details: I'll be leaving the city around 7:00 AM, and I live north-central. We can work out pick ups or rendezvous points. You don't have to ski with me the whole day (or at all), I'm pretty cool skiing solo. My ski ability is about what he user name implies. I'm not carving up the moguls or the terrain park. If you know Norquay, I usually hang out on the Mystic Chair, which is mostly blue runs.

If you are interested, PM me and we'll work out the details. I'm going out of town for a few days, so replies may be slow. It would be awesome if we got a whole gang out, but I realize midweek can be tough.

Let me know:
- if you have a park pass, as I've misplaced mine, although I should have no trouble getting one.
- If you prefer to drive and what you drive
- How many people you are bringing

Let's do this.

D'z Nutz
03-06-2019, 04:43 PM
I might be interested, depending on what my workload looks like next week. Might be a last minute decision though.

What time do you think you'll stick around until?

I have a park pass.

ExtraSlow
03-06-2019, 05:31 PM
Time is pretty flexible, but not right until the hill closes. Morning time is flexible too, that 7:00 Am departure may be unnecessarily aggressive.

ShermanEF9
03-06-2019, 05:55 PM
gotta do it right.

https://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/NDUwWDgwMA==/z/1GYAAOSw-pBcXkk-/$_20.JPG

ercchry
03-06-2019, 11:23 PM
gotta do it right.

[IMG]https://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/NDUwWDgwMA==/z/1GYAAOSw-pBcXkk-/$_20.JPGIMG]

I think that’s the only way to make it a better deal than the old Wednesday pay structure

heavyfuel
03-07-2019, 08:05 AM
I'm not down with carpooling because I like my space and I don't think it's gonna save the planet but I'm down for Norquay and to meet some Beyonders on the hill!

Brent.ff
03-07-2019, 08:14 AM
I'm not down with carpooling because I like my space and I don't think it's gonna save the planet but I'm down for Norquay and to meet some Beyonders on the hill!

Thats not the point. Its $50 for the vehicle, regardless of how many people are in it. So you can split the cost by whoever is in it. If you hate it, meet in canmore or something and hop in

heavyfuel
03-07-2019, 09:10 AM
Thats not the point. Its $50 for the vehicle, regardless of how many people are in it. So you can split the cost by whoever is in it. If you hate it, meet in canmore or something and hop in

$50 for the whole vehicle, as in a van full of people gets to ski for $50 total, or each?

D'z Nutz
03-07-2019, 09:18 AM
which means an entire vehicle of people can ski for $50.

Norquay Details: https://banffnorquay.com/about-norquay/its-cool-to-car-pool/.

Its $50 for the vehicle, regardless of how many people are in it. So you can split the cost by whoever is in it.

:dunno:

heavyfuel
03-07-2019, 09:24 AM
So if I show up alone then I should get a ticket for $50 lol still a great deal to not have a referendum on silly little things like music and stopping for a bite to eat and/or a beverage lol

I'm totally not into this carpooling thing, I'm just not but I'm down for skiing next week

bjstare
03-07-2019, 09:37 AM
They're in the car for like 45 min, it's not a trip to Vancouver :rofl:

lilmira
03-07-2019, 09:52 AM
Hypothetically, if you pick up like 20 people in a beetle just before entering the parking lot, do they still charge you 50 bucks per car? Is there some sort of fine print limiting the number to the legal capacity of the vehicle? Not much about saving money, more so for the hilarity.

heavyfuel
03-07-2019, 10:02 AM
They're in the car for like 45 min, it's not a trip to Vancouver :rofl:

That's 45 minutes too long, just the way it is. Let it go man, I said my peace, all I wanna do is ski, it's not your money.

Brent.ff
03-07-2019, 10:12 AM
Hypothetically, if you pick up like 20 people in a beetle just before entering the parking lot, do they still charge you 50 bucks per car? Is there some sort of fine print limiting the number to the legal capacity of the vehicle? Not much about saving money, more so for the hilarity.

They say legally sitted folks. So essentially can do it by number of seatbelts. If i remember right, ExtraSlow has a minivan so could exploit the hell out of this. Mom-mobile to the win

ExtraSlow
03-07-2019, 10:31 AM
Every person needs a seatbelt. My mom-mobile holds 6. My truck holds five.

ExtraSlow
03-11-2019, 11:44 AM
Okay, I'm back from Vegas and as soon as my head stops pounding I'd like to make a plan. Either post or pm me and we'll set it up.
heavyfuel, if you on me your cell number we can work shit out by text if you want.

Edit: it's supposed to snow Tuesday and be nice Wednesday.

heavyfuel
03-11-2019, 07:21 PM
Okay, I'm back from Vegas and as soon as my head stops pounding I'd like to make a plan. Either post or pm me and we'll set it up.
heavyfuel, if you on me your cell number we can work shit out by text if you want.

Edit: it's supposed to snow Tuesday and be nice Wednesday.

It all boils down to work for me, I've been on the scrape for a few weeks and this week is looking promising so I wanna see what kind of calls I get tomorrow and go from there.
If you got room and you'll have me, I'll roll with you and give you some gas $. PM'd you my #.

ExtraSlow
03-11-2019, 07:36 PM
For sure bud, I'll text ya.

For everyone else, I urge you to take this opportunity to hang out with "beyonds most reputable member (tm)"

ExtraSlow
04-03-2019, 06:18 AM
Final carpool day of the season is Wednesday April 10th. Accepting expressions of interest now.
Previous day was good times and less busy than expected.

D'z Nutz
04-10-2019, 07:20 PM
Did you end up going ExtraSlow? If so, how was it?

ExtraSlow
04-11-2019, 09:01 AM
Nah, no interest from beyonders or my other buddies, and a few things going on with the family, so I stayed home.
Oh well, got out for the one in March with an A+ beyond member, so that's decent. I'll keep. An eye out for this deal next year. It's a good one.