PDA

View Full Version : Putting winters on, front passenger wheel has a worn lug.

nzwasp
03-10-2019, 11:09 AM
So Im putting winters on this car im selling and I just got to the passenger front wheel and one of the lugs is so worn its not a hexagon anymore, its just round and worn. This is a 2016 toyota corolla with 20k on the clock, I suspect since my uncle was the last one to change and he does his mid 80s cars at the same time that he ended up stripping the lug or using one of his old lugs on her car. Should I just put the winters on the rear wheels or just keep all seasons on. They were planning on driving to Edmonton today.

BokCh0y
03-10-2019, 11:39 AM
Put the winters on the drive wheels. Move the lug to the non-drive wheels. Also the road to edm today should be good. I came baack yesterday afternoon and they were shoveling and cleaning up everything, it wasn't shit like friday.

I have a spare lug btw. Do you want it? Free.

BokCh0y
03-10-2019, 11:44 AM
Also, roads in edm itself are shit as of yesterday.

adam c
03-10-2019, 12:25 PM
Assuming you want the lug off, there’s extractors for it, you can also take a socket and hammer it over top of it

nzwasp
03-10-2019, 01:17 PM
Ya I want the lug off I bought an extractor but it still wouldn’t come off so I decided it wasn’t my problem. The guy who is buying it is the same guy that stripped it.

ShermanEF9
03-10-2019, 03:34 PM
i'd personally keep all the tires the same. mixing and matching is never a good plan.

also edmonton roads will be better today. I live here and havent had issues.

benyl
03-10-2019, 09:05 PM
You sure it isn’t the locking lug? Haha

nzwasp
03-10-2019, 11:11 PM
Nope the locking nut is slimmer and had a weird shape be pretty hard to strip that

mr2mike
03-11-2019, 09:38 AM
Buy a cheap socket smaller than the lug and hammer it on carefully. Then breaker bar with a quick push will break it free.
Can try to pound the lug out but usually doesn't come out and the socket is also a lot weaker from a move like that.
Have busted a few sockets getting locking lugs off this way.