PDA

View Full Version : Hiring: Motorcyclist Who Makes Videos

A790
03-12-2019, 01:21 PM
Hey all,

Looking for someone who rides to help with a series of "learn to ride" videos. This is project-based but can expand into regular work together if the right person comes around.

This is ideal for a videographer, student, or rider that is handy with a camera. Amateur, professional... doesn't matter to us as long as you can put out a good quality video.

Pay starts at $500 USD/video and has room to move if the right person is worth it. We want to do about 12 videos. We aren't expecting 10-minute long professional videos. We're looking for 3-5 minutes with a mixture of clips and voiceover. We will provide support on the script/storyboard/whatever else needed (outside of shooting the video ourselves). We'll also ensure that you/your social/your website is called out anywhere we post the video (though we will own the video once we pay you).

PM me :)

speedog
03-12-2019, 01:33 PM
There is this guy...

A790
03-12-2019, 01:37 PM
Not interested in working with cats :)

ercchry
03-12-2019, 01:43 PM
Would you supply said individual with a nice new Duke 790?? :D :rofl:

Nufy
03-12-2019, 01:46 PM
Step 1. Link to his YouTube

Step 2. Instructions... "Don't do it this way"...

Step 3. Profit ???

A790
03-12-2019, 01:47 PM
Would you supply said individual with a nice new Duke 790?? :D :rofl:

Well, we're wanting to do about 12 videos, so that's a decent down payment for one, no? ;)

ercchry
03-12-2019, 01:52 PM
Well, we're wanting to do about 12 videos, so that's a decent down payment for one, no? ;)

Damn close to retail depending on how much above the “starting” pay it goes! After that sort of exposure though, maybe a deal could be made with ktm or a dealer too... hrmmmm

A790
03-12-2019, 02:10 PM
Damn close to retail depending on how much above the “starting” pay it goes! After that sort of exposure though, maybe a deal could be made with ktm or a dealer too... hrmmmm

The sit ethe videos are going on does around 300k pageviews/mo and growing :)

LilDrunkenSmurf
03-12-2019, 02:20 PM
Damn my lack of teaching ability, filming, or charisma.

infamous
03-12-2019, 02:50 PM
Damn my lack of teaching ability, filming, or charisma.

i'm in the same boat....also my lack of motorcycle or class 6 is also a bit of a hinderance......

LilDrunkenSmurf
03-12-2019, 02:53 PM
i'm in the same boat....also my lack of motorcycle or class 6 is also a bit of a hinderance......

I have those at least. Not that teaching "how to ride" using a liter bike would go over well.

firebane
03-12-2019, 03:40 PM
So your outline is sort of vague... so I'm going to ask a bit more questions. You said "handy" with a camera... what type of camera are we talking about? Hand held? Mounted to something?

You mentioned you shoot the videos but who is doing the processing of the videos and what happens to the data from the filming?

Would this person be solely responsible for the storyboard/scripts? Or is this something you take care of? You say "support" but to what extent or degree?

Is this a "contract" type position or is this strictly a cash under table deal?

A790
03-12-2019, 03:49 PM
So your outline is sort of vague... so I'm going to ask a bit more questions. You said "handy" with a camera... what type of camera are we talking about? Hand held? Mounted to something?

Your call. You're filming the video.

What I meant is that we aren't expecting 2 cameras + light rig + sound guy to show up to film. It can be one person who is really good with a cell phone, or someone with all the gear and wants to get creative. As long as the end result does a good job delivering the content, it doesn't matter to us.

You mentioned you shoot the videos but who is doing the processing of the videos and what happens to the data from the filming?
You shoot the video. Do the video. Give to us. We pay you for it. It is now our video.

I'm not editing video. If I could do that, I wouldn't be hiring someone. :)

Would this person be solely responsible for the storyboard/scripts? Or is this something you take care of? You say "support" but to what extent or degree?
We have content created by riding instructors that the video will need to follow to a degree.

We can support as in do the entire script/storyboard for you, or leave it 100% up to you, and anything in the middle. What I don't want to do is stomp on someone's creativity. At the same time, we have a team of writers and graphic designers that can support as needed.

Is this a "contract" type position or is this strictly a cash under table deal?
I don't do "under the table". You will invoice us and we will pay you.

Kijho
03-13-2019, 09:33 AM
I have those at least. Not that teaching "how to ride" using a liter bike would go over well.

Thought the same, my lack of bike, and confidence to teach riding. Not experienced enough a rider.

Wanna work together and split? We may need a driver so I can film things too while driving (then we gotta voice-over after). Spring / summer weekend project we could bang out a few each weekend.

e31
03-13-2019, 09:50 AM
With the way the weather is warming up, it'll be Moto season in no time.

How about an Expert course on changing studded ice racing tires with the least amount of blood loss possible?