PDA

View Full Version : HGH For Healing After Injuries

HiTempguy1
03-24-2019, 10:15 AM
So I broke my ankle the other day. All fixed up now.

I'm not big into doing anything not recommended by the doctor, but a coworker broke his wrist a while ago and used HGH during the recovery phase.

Says it was amazing and his doctor was astonished by how quickly/well everything healed.

Anyone have any reading material? Complications to worry about? Stories?

I'm pretty risk averse to these sorts of things, I'd rather not take something, but if the reward is a well healed ankle, thats pretty damn important to me.

ExtraSlow
03-24-2019, 10:25 AM
Don't know anything about this but will follow the discussion, sounds interesting.

CompletelyNumb
03-24-2019, 12:19 PM
Could heal your ankle faster. Could also grow any possible tumours in your body faster. Fair trade? :p

HGH is like a fountain of youth. Anyone over 40 would benefit from a moderate daily dose (except maybe those prone to cancer).

Gman.45
03-24-2019, 01:21 PM
If you do use it, be SURE to get it from a source that ensures it's been store/transported/etc in the proper temperature range. Otherwise it'll be next to useless.

heavyfuel
03-24-2019, 01:31 PM
^^ Just make sure the labels are in Russian and you gotta pay in Bitcoin, should be fine lol

ExtraSlow
03-24-2019, 01:37 PM
Is there any legitimate source for this stuff?

Darkane
03-24-2019, 02:18 PM
I would think an anti aging doctor.

Stack it with a small dose testosterone and kick ass.

HiTempguy1
03-24-2019, 03:18 PM
If you do use it, be SURE to get it from a source that ensures it's been store/transported/etc in the proper temperature range. Otherwise it'll be next to useless.

That's what I've been hearing. Definitely not something I would cheap out on. They say its actually available on amazon, but I have no idea what I am looking at.

My basic understanding is its the same stuff atheletes "dope" with.

Cancer is not a thing in either of my families, so should be good there. However, if you are serious, that definitely tilts me away from it. Doc says it should heal fine, I'll probably have arthritis when I'm in my 50's. Thats future HiTemps problem.

max_boost
03-24-2019, 05:04 PM
Sounds amazing and expensive

89coupe
03-24-2019, 06:03 PM
So I broke my ankle the other day. All fixed up now.

I'm not big into doing anything not recommended by the doctor, but a coworker broke his wrist a while ago and used HGH during the recovery phase.

Says it was amazing and his doctor was astonished by how quickly/well everything healed.

Anyone have any reading material? Complications to worry about? Stories?

I'm pretty risk averse to these sorts of things, I'd rather not take something, but if the reward is a well healed ankle, thats pretty damn important to me.

https://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-lifestyle/healthy-aging/in-depth/growth-hormone/art-20045735

What are the risks of taking human growth hormone if you don't need it?

Human growth hormone might cause a number of side effects for healthy adults, including:

Carpal tunnel syndrome
Increased insulin resistance
Swelling in the arms and legs (edema)
Joint and muscle pain
For men, enlargement of breast tissue (gynecomastia)
Human growth hormone might also contribute to conditions such as type 2 diabetes and heart disease and possibly an increased risk of some cancers.

Some research suggests that side effects of human growth hormone treatments might be more likely in older adults than in younger people. Because the studies of healthy adults taking human growth hormone have been short term, it isn't clear whether the side effects could eventually dissipate or become worse.

scboss
03-26-2019, 11:08 PM
I knew a guy that dropped dead from abusing it because it enlarged his heart and it quit on him. If its being prescribed by a doctor i wouldnt be worried short term you will be fine. If you are getting it from another source avoid at all costs

Maxx Mazda
03-27-2019, 06:02 AM
Pretty lengthy list of side effects. The bitch tits alone should be enough to put anyone off.

Misterman
03-27-2019, 07:13 AM

That's not exactly true. Storing it at proper temperature is important, but being out of a fridge for a few days getting shipped does not render it useless. It may effect it's shelf life, but most people don't buy the stuff to keep it in the fridge for a years time and not use it. Now if it's coming from China on a freight ship in an unrefrigerated seacan for 3 months, then yes I would have questions about it's potency.

There certainly is.

I would think an anti aging doctor.

Stack it with a small dose testosterone and kick ass.

Stacking with test gives some great results. But honestly even most of these vitality clinics don't deal with GH.

That's what I've been hearing. Definitely not something I would cheap out on. They say its actually available on amazon, but I have no idea what I am looking at.

You definitely don't want to be buying random unlabeled vials from the internet for 200$. But most of the legitimate stuff you can find is massively marked up and being sold for 600$ a kit. If you can find a guy who uses it himself, and buys in bulk for a good price and just gives it to his friends for almost no mark up, you can get it for 300$ a kit.......................or so I hear..........

My basic understanding is its the same stuff atheletes "dope" with.

Athletes dope with a number of things, GH being one of them. But more commonly it is EPO's, gives more red blood cells, red blood cells carry oxygen, it's basically cardio in a bottle.

Cancer is not a thing in either of my families, so should be good there. However, if you are serious, that definitely tilts me away from it. Doc says it should heal fine, I'll probably have arthritis when I'm in my 50's. Thats future HiTemps problem.

Even if you had cancer, and GH accelerated it, you can actually be better off a lot of the time. Instead of it growing silently and not knowing you have it, GH can make you aware of it and be able to do something about it immediately. Either way, for your purposes you wouldn't be taking huge doses that would have a big effect on cancer growth.

I knew a guy that dropped dead from abusing it because it enlarged his heart and it quit on him. If its being prescribed by a doctor i wouldnt be worried short term you will be fine. If you are getting it from another source avoid at all costs

Never takes long for the fear mongering stuff to come out. lol. I'm not saying this story isn't true, but even if it is "abuse" is the key word here. It's interesting the way doctors will just jump to conjecture when trying to find blame for something though. Who is to say that this guy was not just pre-disposed to enlarged heart whether he took GH or not? There's plenty of cases of this where the patient never touched any sort of AAS or GH in their life.

Pretty lengthy list of side effects. The bitch tits alone should be enough to put anyone off.

Good thing that one isn't true.

ExtraSlow
03-27-2019, 07:33 AM
So the "legit" source you recommend is getting it from "some guy who gives it to his friends for no markup"? Sounds totally problem-free. :facepalm:

Misterman
03-27-2019, 07:40 AM
So the "legit" source you recommend is getting it from "some guy who gives it to his friends for no markup"? Sounds totally problem-free. :facepalm:

Well considering you can buy fakes directly from the pharmacy you're taking a gamble either way. My source has been reliable for the last 5 years. Personally I'd trust someone that uses it and can confirm it, over a pharmacist that has no idea about it. This is one scenario that's quite a bit different than getting a regular prescribed medication.

89coupe
03-27-2019, 03:39 PM
Quote:
Trust me, I’m a criminal who uses and sells drugs on the side, I got your back.

:rofl:

tirebob
03-27-2019, 04:07 PM
Speaking as somebody who has broken their ankle more than once, if there was anything I knew of that could take that would have helped it heal better, I would have been all over it. Almost 50 now and the issues that my ankle creates suck bad! 50 comes quick Hitempguy1... Way faster then you think. Suddenly your still feel like your 20 in your head, but the pain and stress makes you feel 90. Heal that shit as perfect as you can or you will pay later. I am dealing with all that shit now and it sucks.

scboss
03-30-2019, 12:50 AM
Never takes long for the fear mongering stuff to come out. lol. I'm not saying this story isn't true, but even if it is "abuse" is the key word here. It's interesting the way doctors will just jump to conjecture when trying to find blame for something though. Who is to say that this guy was not just pre-disposed to enlarged heart whether he took GH or not? There's plenty of cases of this where the patient never touched any sort of AAS or GH in their life.

Even if he was pre disposed to it guaranteed it made it worse. Its the reason why so many bodybuilder are passing away and have nasty gh guts.

Maybe you haven't been affected, but its one of those things that when it happens its to late.

heavyfuel
03-30-2019, 03:53 AM
I actually ran this by my doctor yesterday, and yeah he said long list of side effects. Cons outweigh the pros as far as "regular" use goes.

gatorade
03-30-2019, 04:52 AM
You can get this prescribed by a doctor or buy it from other sources. It's actually legal to possess but illegal to sell. Your doctor can actually give you advice on how to safely use it. However it's pretty damn expensive to buy and you'd need to find a doctor or friend who has alot of experience prescribing patients it. Misterman obviously knows what he's talking about (probably has some experience using or friends) while everyone else is just basing things on what they heard i.e. bitch tits comment.

Misterman
04-01-2019, 08:19 AM
Even if he was pre disposed to it guaranteed it made it worse. Its the reason why so many bodybuilder are passing away and have nasty gh guts.

Maybe you haven't been affected, but its one of those things that when it happens its to late.

I never said anything about myself.

Ironically "GH guts" aren't from GH. They're from insulin. Obviously GH can have a certain effect being that it's primary function is IGF-1 release. In any sense you're simply backing up what I said, you're talking about bodybuilders, and therefore referring to abuse.

I actually ran this by my doctor yesterday, and yeah he said long list of side effects. Cons outweigh the pros as far as "regular" use goes.

It would be more beneficial to talk to a doctor that actually knows something about the subject. You would want to talk to an endocrinologist or the like.

ExtraSlow
04-01-2019, 08:37 AM
It would be more beneficial to talk to a doctor that actually knows something about the subject. You would want to talk to an endocrinologist or the like.
Hahahah, good luck getting in to see one of those for an ankle injury.

HiTempguy1
04-01-2019, 09:11 AM
Speaking as somebody who has broken their ankle more than once, if there was anything I knew of that could take that would have helped it heal better, I would have been all over it. Almost 50 now and the issues that my ankle creates suck bad! 50 comes quick Hitempguy1... Way faster then you think. Suddenly your still feel like your 20 in your head, but the pain and stress makes you feel 90. Heal that shit as perfect as you can or you will pay later. I am dealing with all that shit now and it sucks.

Thanks for the info, really appreciate it. So far, healing has been very pain free, I'm hoping my choice to endure 14 hours in the waiting room at the UofA hospital was the price I had to pay to get a good surgeon.

I have no interest in taking long term. Just the absolute minimum to heal up my ankle as good as possible.

HiTempguy1
04-01-2019, 09:14 AM

You guys are being AWFULLY shitty about something that helps people with healing injuries. I get what you are saying, but mister isn't being outrageous, I'd rather source from a friend who was seeing results and had a good "supply" vs rando internet purchase 100% of the time. Its no different than virtually any other purchase I make in life, except the friend being honest and trustworthy is super important because its your health we are talking about.

2Legit2Quit
04-01-2019, 09:44 AM
I broke my fibula last summer (worst summer ever), had a plate and screws put in, the swelling took forever to go down/away. I work from home so I had the luxury of keeping it elevated as much as possible for a long time, I'd say and the doc says it's healed nicely but still feel like it's not on par with my now "good leg". Dealing with crutches for so long was probably the worst part of it all for me, but play it safe and let it heal as best you can, which it seems like you're doing.

ExtraSlow
04-01-2019, 09:49 AM
You guys are being AWFULLY shitty about something that helps people with healing injuries. I get what you are saying, but mister isn't being outrageous, I'd rather source from a friend who was seeing results and had a good "supply" vs rando internet purchase 100% of the time. Its no different than virtually any other purchase I make in life, except the friend being honest and trustworthy is super important because its your health we are talking about.
1) you are MR SHITTY on beyond, so c'mon.
2) whens your appointment with an endocrinologist? I'd be fascinated to hear what they have to say about your ankle. 100% serious, it's that's a path that people can take to better healing, let's all learn more about it.

Misterman
04-01-2019, 09:51 AM

Not sure what an ankle injury has to do with getting educated on risks of GH use?

It's actually pretty easy to get in to a clinic that specializes in hormone replacement therapy though.

Misterman
04-01-2019, 10:00 AM
2) whens your appointment with an endocrinologist? I'd be fascinated to hear what they have to say about your ankle. 100% serious, it's that's a path that people can take to better healing, let's all learn more about it.

Feel free to start reading about studies if you want to gain more information on the subject.

http://www.medicineatmichigan.org/web-exclusives/2016/february/medsport-studies-hgh-acl-repair

austic
04-01-2019, 10:12 AM
I looked into it after tearing my pec but the risks outweighed the benefits. Recovery has been over a year and still not back to where it was so maybe i choose poorly?

arcticcat522
04-01-2019, 10:13 AM
Nothing too important to add, however I shattered my heel around 15 years ago and it is debilitating at times (Ankle joint)It was always soar, but has continuously gotten worse each year. Every Dr. I talk to sends me for Phisio. It helps for a few weeks, but nothing long term.

I'm interested to see if there are anything out there that can help.

HiTempguy1
04-01-2019, 10:18 AM

Exactly, its pretty bad when mr shitty calls you out on your own shit. Who else who knows better than the shit lord himself? ;)

I'm going to look into it now since its been suggested. Last week was really busy, you can tell its spring, phone ringing off the hook for sales, didn't get much chance to research.

ExtraSlow
04-01-2019, 10:53 AM
Exactly, its pretty bad when mr shitty calls you out on your own shit. Who else who knows better than the shit lord himself? ;) I think it's just because your soft millennial feelings got hurt.

HiTempguy1
04-01-2019, 12:49 PM
I think it's just because your soft millennial feelings got hurt.

I've sent an ethics complaint to Apegga because you keep bullying me :cry:

ExtraSlow
04-01-2019, 12:53 PM
I've sent an ethics complaint to Apegga because you keep bullying me :cry:

Is that what they are good for? I've been wondering.

Misterman
04-01-2019, 01:31 PM
I looked into it after tearing my pec but the risks outweighed the benefits. Recovery has been over a year and still not back to where it was so maybe i choose poorly?

No way to know for sure. Even starting now would probably help from this point on. So far I've seen 3 friends heal a knee, recurring hip issue, and a shoulder with GH. And of course my own shoulder.

gatorade
04-01-2019, 09:37 PM

Ironically "GH guts" aren't from GH. They're from insulin. Obviously GH can have a certain effect being that it's primary function is IGF-1 release. In any sense you're simply backing up what I said, you're talking about bodybuilders, and therefore referring to abuse.

Correct, people who talk about the negative side effects are referring to the worst cases. Pretty much people who do too much, who probably stack it with other steroids without proper PCT and people who abuse it in the long term. The wrestlers who you hear about dying of heart attacks are those, who have been abusing it for decades, and can't stop using it because they notice the huge drop in performance when they stop using. Again this is not just the use of HGH but multiple steroids like test or anavar. The average and responsible user will not have such side effects if their use isn't long term. If someone is using it just for a single injury, then he'll be fine.

scboss
04-02-2019, 01:09 AM

I thought it was a combo of hgh, insulin and the massive amounts of carbs. But like you said its abuse which is not what we are looking at hear.

The only reason why i'm skeptical is because I don't understand how it has such little risk short term but it is not prescribed regularly for injuries.

Misterman
04-02-2019, 07:40 AM
I thought it was a combo of hgh, insulin and the massive amounts of carbs. But like you said its abuse which is not what we are looking at hear.

The only reason why i'm skeptical is because I don't understand how it has such little risk short term but it is not prescribed regularly for injuries.

Simple, because of it's negative perception as being a PED, it just isn't really studied enough for the average doctor to be able to understand its benefits. However there are studies out there, and they show very positive results in most cases.

Not to mention it is pretty cost prohibitive for most people. So the payoff just isn't there for most people to heal up a little quicker.

HiTempguy1
05-02-2019, 10:41 AM
So, as a follow up, I didn't do any of this.

Just had my 6 week checkup, Doc told me it healed in 6 weeks what normally takes 3 months, so gtfo and don't come back. Apparently the secret is a steady diet of mcdonalds, maybe the growth hormones help :rofl:

I can start walking today... well, relatively speaking. I'd fall over if I tried to. But I can put complete body weight on it. Time for physio and getting back to business!

max_boost
05-02-2019, 11:08 AM
If it can turn me into Cap America. I want it.