PDA

View Full Version : German car parts vs US

ragu
04-22-2019, 01:30 PM
Looking for some input re: BMW M parts shopping. Oem and other.

Bmw dealership in town is ~30% more than ECS from states despite poor FX. However last time I tried US shipping i went through dykpost, customs and other fees added up to be a lot more.

Whats the cheapest source for German car parts or if I'm bringing it on from states, how do i do this to save?

prae
04-22-2019, 01:46 PM
Had reasonably good luck with Pelican. https://www.pelicanparts.com/ Still paid tax I believe. Dealers will give you discounts. I think I got 15% off my last parts order at Calgary BMW. I am not a regular customer, nor was this a particularly large order (maybe $300?).

J.M.
04-22-2019, 02:27 PM
FCP Euro
Pelican parts
Eeuroparts

You will pay tax on anything over $150 USD iirc.

Always choose USPS for shipping if possible. Eeuroparts has the option to pay shipping and tax up front when you order.

JustinL
04-22-2019, 04:06 PM
It depends on the parts too. You can actually source a lot of the parts through rockauto or autopartsway. Pelican has also been a great source of OEM parts for me.

schocker
04-22-2019, 07:37 PM
It depends on the parts too. You can actually source a lot of the parts through rockauto or autopartsway. Pelican has also been a great source of OEM parts for me.
I did see parts for my golf would show up if you put in the part number itself (Showing a couple day to get into stock) but were not listed in the normal sorting system. I have looked around a bit and will probably just put in an order with ECS for a bunch of spare filters/parts etc.

heavyD
04-23-2019, 02:57 PM
Toronto BMW dealerships are much, much cheaper than Calgary for M Parts. The only issue is that some of them want you to arrange shipping. For example I bought the BMW cold weather wheel and tire package for the M2 for $2700 from BMW Autohaus (plus $132 for the wheels/tires to be shipped on a pallet via Canadian Freightways that I arranged) where the local guys quoted me straight $4200 MSRP for the same package.

ragu
04-23-2019, 04:04 PM
So Rockauto, Pelican both ship out of US and eventually charge the same fees that one would if I order from ECS. Is that correct?

Great tip on Toronto BMW dealers, I'll check them out tomorrow morning.

GTR_Auto
04-23-2019, 07:23 PM
There are lots of local spots that can help out as well!