PDA

View Full Version : Big trouble ahead...NATO's expansion...

Toma
03-29-2004, 10:58 AM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/3578837.stm

mo_virgin
03-29-2004, 11:17 AM
Whats the trouble? US imperialism stretching its long reaching arm?

rice_eater
03-29-2004, 11:43 AM
so what, they are only creating a buffer zone for themselves. you cant tell me that any of these countries have the capability to threaten anyone. Bush is being very smart through all this, by moving the conflicts away from US soil, and therefor keeping his good ratings at home, and frankly keeping our asses safer. Terrorist attacks are taking place in other countries, while the only americans dying are tens of thousands of miles away, and more importantly, they are not civilians. I wouldn't be surprised if he gets reelected

hjr
03-29-2004, 03:18 PM
meh, that doens matter too much. non of those countries bring that much to the table besides being situated closer to the middle east. air bases are already being built i suspect

rice_eater
03-30-2004, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by hjr
meh, that doens matter too much. non of those countries bring that much to the table besides being situated closer to the middle east. air bases are already being built i suspect

they built one on the black sea last year or so

Ajay
03-30-2004, 05:57 PM
American neocolonialism at it's finest

rice_eater
03-30-2004, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by Ajay
American neocolonialism at it's finest
what are they colonising exactly? NATO is made up of other countries not US alone. I might not agree with all their policies but just automatically blaming the states for everything is stupid.

As far as those countries are concerned, I assure you they are more than happy to be in NATO, otherwise they wouldn't have spent so many years trying to get in. For one, they are safe militarily now, and also military bases create lots of decent jobs, which is something most locals there dont have.

Marsh
03-30-2004, 08:48 PM
it's all part of the communist plan...destroy NATO from the inside out...:rofl:

Ajay
03-31-2004, 05:53 PM
Originally posted by rice_eater

what are they colonising exactly? NATO is made up of other countries not US alone. I might not agree with all their policies but just automatically blaming the states for everything is stupid.

As far as those countries are concerned, I assure you they are more than happy to be in NATO, otherwise they wouldn't have spent so many years trying to get in. For one, they are safe militarily now, and also military bases create lots of decent jobs, which is something most locals there dont have.

Yes this is true. NATO is made up of a group of countries who bear the same interest. Who's the most powerful member....that would be the United States. Who hold's the most influence in NATO...that would be the United States.

I have no diagreement that this will create jobs and make those countries who are now part of NATO better off but who will be better off by their membership? The US can now establish their influence in these areas which in turn will be providing for their own self interest...neocolonialism.

I saw on Fox News today that the US is thinking of selling Taiwan an early defense radar system for roughly $1.78B and shortly after that scrolled by on the bottom of the screen it said the Pentago claims this would bolster American national security. Always acting in their own self interest is my point.

Toma
03-31-2004, 08:59 PM
LOL, American ass worshippers ;)

Who remembers when Russia and Cuba wanted to be friends, and that fuckin idiot Kennedy that was thankfully put out of his misery almost caused WW3..... thank god the russians had common sense....

When military bases were getting closer to Amercian soil the American babies cried, well, like babies.... boohooo hooo the bad Russians will be too close :rolleyes:

:D