PDA

View Full Version : Stores 'round Calgary

snipa_mini85
03-29-2004, 12:20 PM
I currently own a '97 F-150, and i am looking to do a suspension lift on it, but i need to be able to lower the suspension when i park in my garage. Does anybody know of any stores/websites that are able to do this?

EK 2.0
03-29-2004, 01:06 PM
To the best of my kowledge air bags will be able to do that for you, BUT that being said...

I dont think Air Bags are soemthing you wanna be riding on if you are using the lift to go chewin or the like do you know what I mean??

Get in touch with Toys For Trucks, and they should be able to advise you onto something...they are located in the SE down 52...thats right...In the Foothills Industrial Area

Gonthro
03-29-2004, 01:27 PM
deflate your tires :P thats what my brother has to do to get his wheelin truck in the garage :P

turboMiata
03-30-2004, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by CycloneAWD
To the best of my kowledge air bags will be able to do that for you, BUT that being said...

I dont think Air Bags are soemthing you wanna be riding on if you are using the lift to go chewin or the like do you know what I mean??

Yeah, most trail rigs are converting their factory air bags into coils. Just a few things less to worry about.

Once you put on a lift, you'll realize that your tires are too small. Pretty soon, you'll be running 35's and you're parking your truck on the streets from that point on. I haven't measured yet but I think my rig is close to 8ft tall now.

Best solution is to get a bigger garage.

mrbojangles
03-30-2004, 04:03 PM
Air bags are becoming more common for offroad use. Though as stated above, more to deal with. Lots of fab/frame work depending on the application. $$$

hendosa
03-30-2004, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by mrbojangles
Air bags are becoming more common for offroad use. Though as stated above, more to deal with. Lots of fab/frame work depending on the application. $$$ I agree, get a truck cover:thumbsup: