PDA

View Full Version : Advertising Automotive Technology - Old guy rant

ExtraSlow
05-15-2019, 06:59 AM
So, I know technology is a part of our daily lives, particularly our smartphones, and our cars interact with those phones, but there MUST be a better way to advertise this capability.

Recently heard on the radio:

"Audi - has the most progressive technology"
"Mercedes A-class - "the most interactive tech car in it's class"

What the hell? I don't know what any of that means, and I don't think it's really that compelling.

Is this just old man yells at clouds material, or is anyone else irked by this stuff? Happy Wednesday.

speedog
05-15-2019, 07:33 AM
Ancient guy here, I get irked by people who get irked.

ExtraSlow
05-15-2019, 07:37 AM
Ancient guy here, I get irked by people who get irked.

Happy irk then buddy!

schurchill39
05-15-2019, 12:07 PM
They are all just the latest and greatest buzz words. It doesn't ever mean anything but it gets you thinking about their product in relation to the latest trends (technology in this case). Marketing can be so misleading in the sense that they want you as the consumer to fill in the blank as to what their pitch actually means. "The most interactive tech car in its class" okay so does that mean its got lots of buttons? Is most of it voice command? Can I use electronics to adjust 10 different settings in my seat? Are there different driving modes that get adjusted with a button that I physically press and select before each drive? Basically draw your own conclusion based on your needs, which I suppose makes it a successful marketing technique.

At the end of the day its horse shit and you need to let it flow in one ear and out the other. I say this as a fellow angry old man yelling at clouds.

Masked Bandit
05-15-2019, 12:38 PM
Marketing buzzwords, heavily coated in bullshit.

01RedDX
05-15-2019, 12:40 PM

Tik-Tok
05-15-2019, 12:51 PM
This is just hyperlocal contextual marketing to capture the bleeding edge technological synergy value add between driver and car.

Xtrema
05-15-2019, 01:05 PM
Clean Coal

dirtsniffer
05-15-2019, 02:03 PM
So, I know technology is a part of our daily lives, particularly our smartphones, and our cars interact with those phones, but there MUST be a better way to advertise this capability.

Recently heard on the radio:

"Audi - has the most progressive technology"
"Mercedes A-class - "the most interactive tech car in it's class"

What the hell? I don't know what any of that means, and I don't think it's really that compelling.

Is this just old man yells at clouds material, or is anyone else irked by this stuff? Happy Wednesday.

It's what happens when you have a marketing team that doesn't know what they're selling.

lilmira
05-15-2019, 04:59 PM
My shit is military grade.

speedog
05-15-2019, 07:21 PM
This is just hyperlocal contextual marketing to capture the bleeding edge technological synergy value add between driver and car.

That's maybe the biggest mouthful of bullshit I've ever seen posted on beyond, well done sir, well done.

ExtraSlow
05-15-2019, 07:31 PM