PDA

View Full Version : LF: Drywall Repair Guy

JordanEG6
05-23-2019, 09:47 AM
So my dog chewed up my drywall this morning. Which is weird because we normally just let him roam around the kitchen area without any issues. We came home to the drywall corner ripped to shreds. I was wondering if anyone on Beyond can do a good job of repairing drywall or know of a company/person who does? Ideally I'd like for this to be done soon. I'm not super handy with this particular problem, but I do have the extra baseboards and house paint in the garage. Thanks in advance:

Swank
05-23-2019, 03:20 PM
As mentioned in an older thread most companies won't bother themselves with smaller jobs like that (https://forums.beyond.ca/threads/377532-Looking-for-small-drywall-repair). I know you said you aren't very handy with that kind of repair but I'd say give it a shot, at least the patching, that way you'll get better at it and if the dog nukes it again then you aren't out any money on the first repair. What area are you in?

thinmyster
05-23-2019, 04:00 PM
lol I got one of those too. I was going to patch it in the next week or so I’ll let yah know how it goes

ExtraSlow
05-23-2019, 04:03 PM
Until you get the dog figured out, why not just slap up some plywood or something? Won't make. It harder to do the real repair later, and will be durable and cheap.

ercchry
05-23-2019, 04:35 PM
Ever bondo a car? This is easier... can buy premixed mud too, sand, fill, sand, paint

spikerS
05-23-2019, 07:34 PM
Yeah, as said before, it's not a real hard or difficult job, however, it will be time-consuming. It's gonna probably need 3 coats of mud to bring that back.

Start with the drywall. Scrape everything down, and run some 80 grit sandpaper over it to knock all the loose stuff out, and then get a vacuum and suck all the dust out. Apply a REALLY generous coat of mud.

Once dry, run a scaper over it all to knock down the high points, and then run the 80 grit over it again to kinda level things out. Fill all the low points with another coat of mud. Let dry.

run some 180 grit over the area, get things nice and smooth with even transitions between the wall and where you have applied mud. Get everything nice and smooth. Apply a last and thin coat of mud. let dry.

Sand with some 220 grit sandpaper, blend everything really well. Use a sanding sponge if possible, and with light pressure, you can define the corner.

Paint.

Repeat a similar process for the baseboard except get some wood filler and use that instead of drywall mud.

If you need help, shoot my a PM. I can probably help you out, and I like to boop doggos.

JordanEG6
05-24-2019, 08:22 AM
Thanks for the info everyone. I have fixed small stuff before, but I thought maybe there would be some sort of different process with something like this. I have all the stuff except the wood filler. I'll start my attempt tonight haha. Thanks again.