PDA

View Full Version : China warns students about risks of studying in USA.

ZenOps
06-04-2019, 06:26 AM
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trade-china-education/china-warns-students-academics-of-risks-of-studying-in-u-s-idUSKCN1T40RT

Official government stance is now that there is calculable risk to education in the USA.

I agree completely. Lot of lies, much non co-operation, not an open learning environment, theft, plagiarism, and still lingering racism. And to top it all off - possibility of inferior scientific research. European destinations (like Kim Jong studying abroad) still have high quality and standards.

Sugarphreak
06-04-2019, 01:10 PM

Xtrema
06-04-2019, 04:36 PM
US: You are stealing our IP at universities.

China: Don't go to US universities

US: Mission Accomplished.

Am I the only one that think US is winning (at least the battle, not the war) on isolating China further?

ZenOps
06-04-2019, 06:03 PM
Trump wants exclusion policies, just like NASA has a Chinese exclusion policy.

I can imagine the exclusion policy is to prevent Chinese youth from becoming smarter than USA counterparts. That's progress for you. I mean, if everything is a "competition" to be #1, no one ever said you couldn't simply do a Tonya Harding and not let the other girl compete.

Arguably, if you are in a superior position, and want to stay in that position - you *must* keep everyone else dumb, slow and kept fed with bad information (and occasionally break the opponents leg if they are really good). Its what I call the "Rob Anders" way, because youth today have no idea who Tonya Harding is.

America did not get to where it is without killing off everyone else (The British monarchy namely) Looking at it from the big picture what the USA did to Natives, Africa (slavery) British, North Koreans, Vietnamese, and 10 different states in the middle east, totally pales in comparison to just simply not letting Chinese be equal.

I've always said second place is not a bad place to be, as long as you are not near the bottom where you get enslaved or have your women and children napalmed (by John McCain) on.