PDA

View Full Version : Porsche vs Mercedes Museum

msommers
06-08-2019, 09:24 AM
I'll only have time to do one of these while passing through Stuttgart. I've been to the MB museum about 10 years ago and remember it fondly, very very well done but never the Porsche museum. I'll be with my fiance who is not really interested in cars but being a good sport and willing to do "the better one."

Has anyone been to both to comment? Is the Porsche museum on the same level as the MB? I personally didn't find the BMW one that great, having seen the MB one a few days previous.

npham
06-08-2019, 09:31 AM
I went to both last fall.

Objectively the Porsche museum is a step down from the Mercedes one. The Mercedes one is quite a bit bigger, and there's so many more random vehicles that you can check out. For someone who isn't into motorsports like your fiance, I think it's a no brainer to go to the Mercedes one.

I did really like checking out the Porsche one though. I would definitely sign up for the factory tour at the Porsche one if possible. They had some really cool shit to see. Also you can rent cars from them at the museum, which was a blast to bomb around Germany in a Porsche...

Xtrema
06-08-2019, 10:23 AM
MB > Porsche Museum

MB has more car history and bigger, feel like a better Museum.

Porsche has more racing history. I regretted not booking factory tour.