PDA

View Full Version : WTB 85-87 Corrolla

GorG
03-29-2004, 02:06 PM
I've been looking for an AE86 for a long time now, i almsot go a sweet deal yesterday but it was bought in the first day... NE Ways, The main things that i'm looking for is HB, 5 speed, 2 Door(not a big thing it can be 4), the clicks dont really matter to me aslong as the engine runs. If anyone is looking to sell one or knows of some one selling one would you be able to forward it to me.

Also if anyone is thinking of selling an E30 then PM me, i'm looking for a 320 or 325/ 5 speed 2 door. Thanks

nosegrindR
03-29-2004, 09:34 PM
those things are hard to come by, my friend had 3 but sold 2 of them, he's keeping one for himself

good luck:thumbsup:

ttt

method
03-29-2004, 09:37 PM
ae86 only came in 5 speed, and 2 doors.

GorG
03-31-2004, 03:24 PM
^^^^^^^
That’s not true, maybe the JDM ones did but not corollas that are found in Canada, standard and two door in a corolla here in Canada is actually quite rare to come by.

Thanks anyways,i'm just really waitingontomorrows bargina nd finder:D

Seanith
03-31-2004, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by GorG
^^^^^^^
That’s not true, maybe the JDM ones did but not corollas that are found in Canada, standard and two door in a corolla here in Canada is actually quite rare to come by.

Thanks anyways,i'm just really waitingontomorrows bargina nd finder:D

The AE86 GTS only came in 5speed and 2 doors i believe he meant. But who wants a SR5 anyways? :dunno:

chukilabs
03-31-2004, 05:27 PM
there right ae86 only came in 2 door not 4 door

nosegrindR
03-31-2004, 08:03 PM
the GTS trim right?

chris
04-01-2004, 10:05 PM
ae86 are not all corollas from 1985-1987, they had regular fwd carollas between those years as well, a lot of times in the bargain finder they will advertise for a 85-87 corolla and it will be cheap, but they are not always corollas, be aware, look for gts or sr5 trim, the were the two models of carollas that were rwd, im pretty sure with the sr5, but im not possitive. And as for the bmws, bargain finder has a few.

GorG
04-01-2004, 11:34 PM
Originally posted by ~$eanith~
But who wants a SR5 anyways? :dunno:
Engine wont last long anyways. i'm friend was telling me that JDM sourse has a few 4age's in stock, which i wanted to take a look at.

Originally posted by chris
ae86 are not all corollas from 1985-1987, they had regular fwd carollas between those years as well, a lot of times in the bargain finder they will advertise for a 85-87 corolla and it will be cheap, but they are not always corollas, be aware, look for gts or sr5 trim, the were the two models of carollas that were rwd, im pretty sure with the sr5, but im not possitive. And as for the bmws, bargain finder has a few.

DAMN, thats all i have to say.... :confused: thanks a lot for opening my eyes, i actually found one today, it was h/b, 5 spd, but 4 door and i was under the impression that every corolla from the time fram of 85-87 was an AE86 , so what your pretty much saying is that not all the corollas are rwd?>?>? do they weigh as much as an AE86?>?>?, Also do you know any good sites on corolla specs because i need to read up on them more, thanks for the tip. The reason i want an ae86 is not so much drifting.... even though i wouldnt mind trying, but they weigh next to nothing i'm pretty sure they can get really good 1/4 times if done properly, they have some good weight to power ratios, but not with their stock 90 hp power house.

Redlyne_mr2
04-01-2004, 11:42 PM
K lets clear things up a bit seems to be alot of confusion. AE86/AE85 are rwd corollas from 84-87 , the fwd corollas of that vintage are not known as ae86s. The ae86 is also slow, you're looking at mid to high 17s on a good running stock engine. They are not a drag cars. visit www.club4ag.com or www.dorikaze.com, dorikaze is a Canadian site so its a good place to visit.

GorG
04-02-2004, 12:02 AM
Thanks a mill, on the sites, hmm i must have been mistaken on the the power to weight ratio then. just out of curiousity what are the specs on your ae86 redlyne?, and also how long did it take you to get your ae86 in the amazing condition it is now?

Redlyne_mr2
04-02-2004, 12:11 AM
Originally posted by GorG
Thanks a mill, on the sites, hmm i must have been mistaken on the the power to weight ratio then. just out of curiousity what are the specs on your ae86 redlyne?, and also how long did it take you to get your ae86 in the amazing condition it is now?
When I bought the car it was beat ass, go check out the Gallery in Dorikaze to see before and after pics of my car. I replaced both front fenders with brand new ones, replaced the rear hatch with a totally rust free one, replaced the passenger door with a rust free one. then cut out the rear arches including gas cap area. welded in new rear arches using brand new arches off of another pair of front fenders that i bought, smoothed everything out with fiberglass bondo then sent it out to paint. there is a panda ae86 for sale in TO(the link is in the classified on dorikaze), its rust free and very very clean. If you can get a decent price on it it would be worth the $750 to have it shipped here, you could even drive it across the country if youre brave for about $300 in gas food and motel. Check vancouver as well there are always clean ae86s out there.

GorG
04-02-2004, 12:21 AM
Yea i saw the gallery, that looks like a lot of hours put into it, but it came out good, extremely good. Yea i dont know about TO thats kind of out of my way :P i could get it shipped here, Vancouver is a bit closer,a nd i road trip coudl be involved :D, hmmmm thanks a mill, oh yea one more question how does importconcern.ca work again, cuz i'm not a so sure about it, do they have set prices on most of those cars, because i cant figure out if there are any reserves on them or not.

GTS Jeff
04-06-2004, 04:03 AM
just a heads up. yes the corolla is a light car, but its really hard to get it going insanely fast. theres a crazy twincharged corolla in calgary that makes well over 200whp and those guys are good drivers too, but even then, the car still runs 14s. even ppl with the oh so godly 20valve swap usually run in the 15s.

GorG
04-06-2004, 08:14 PM
MMMMMMMM 20V :drool: :drool: :drool: , i guess displacement cant be out weighed by weight and power, i dont know i'm still very intrested in it my friend knows of one being sold for 15000 now so im supposed to get in touch with him in a little while about seeing the car. hmmm do they have usually bad accelration, is that the flaw of them taking so long to start off?

Masta Dz17
04-06-2004, 08:22 PM
good luck, i may know of one pm me

Redlyne_mr2
04-06-2004, 09:20 PM
I might be selling mine when I get back to Alberta so if youre interested let me know. I wont be letting it go for nothing though

mota20
04-10-2004, 12:51 AM
GorG
you have a nice taste in a car i am also looking for an eight six trueno. 1985 preferably why? becuase the car was accually made for rally that year and has a longer second gear providing wider rpm range for a nice drift.me,thats what i would use mine for because i am trying to git into that but my car dont do that considering its a 27 year old accord thats fwd but it does do really good in autocross. but if anyone knows about a good trueno let me know trueno being the Toyota Corolla sprinter gts 1.6 l 90hp rwd car known as the ""'eight six""" pm me if you know anything

anything over 200hp on the trueno is not worth it because it would just spin around on you... seen a dude beat an fd350 with a trueno stock well besides the suspension upgrades but the fd was pushing 300+hp...something to think about