PDA

View Full Version : Cartoon character Dora disappoints Edmonton kids by leaving mall early

nismodrifter
03-29-2004, 02:52 PM
EDMONTON (CP) - Determined parents with star-struck children in tow rushed the barricades at a shopping mall when a popular cartoon character pulled the plug on a promised photo opportunity.

Hundreds of families were more than a little miffed after being told by mall staff that every child would get a photo with Dora the Explorer, a popular animated character aimed at pre-schoolers.

But when Dora hit the door, tempers started to flare.

"We jumped the rope and u-turned our stroller but we couldn't catch up," said Roxanne Schuler, who stood in line with her four-year old son for two hours even though she has cerebral palsy which makes it difficult for her to stand.

She said her son didn't want to eat or go to the bathroom for fear they might miss their chance for a photo.

"They said, 'Sorry, Dora has to catch a plane back to Dora-land,' " complained Johnny Goulding, who waited in line with his four-year old daughter for more than three hours.

"You had maybe close to 500 parents and kids and they all screamed and cried at once. Do you know what that sounds like?"

Management for Londonderry Mall where the event was held said they would not comment on the incident until Monday.

This remind anybody of an OLD Full House episode?? ahhahh

"RIGBY THE RIP OFF RIGBY THE RIP OFF" :D

Khyron
03-29-2004, 03:02 PM
How about not standing around for 3+ hours waiting for some goof in a costume.

Khyron

hjr
03-29-2004, 03:15 PM
damn, that sucks. could the not have just grabbed a bum and shoved him in the suit? pay him with coffee and keep the kids happy!

benyl
03-29-2004, 03:47 PM
Why is Dora so popular... even boys like Dora dolls...

RickDaTuner
03-29-2004, 07:20 PM
Doras Wiked Y'o hahah I even catch a few episodes here and there, my Neice shure Loves her too!! more than i do :thumbsup:

xkon
03-29-2004, 08:21 PM
my kid loves dora... she teaches spanish!!!

RickDaTuner
03-29-2004, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by xkon
my kid loves dora... she teaches spanish!!! one of the Reason I like it so much

Ethnic cartoons are the New cool

Gonthro
03-29-2004, 08:36 PM
yea, my kid has a crush on dora :P

403Gemini
03-30-2004, 12:00 PM
who the fuck is dora? those parents are retarded. khyron said it best.

BebeAphrodite
04-01-2004, 03:21 AM
is dora the blue thing?

SoSlowDx
04-02-2004, 01:58 AM
Dora is cool my sister loves that show haha it's educational

the blue thing is blue clues:D

Super_Geo
04-02-2004, 08:05 AM
Originally posted by Khyron
How about not standing around for 3+ hours waiting for some goof in a costume.

Khyron

How about doing something special for your kid that would make them happy for days... (which might involve waitng around for 3+ hours)

It sucks that they just shafted everyone though...

Ben
04-02-2004, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by CuteAsianAngel
is dora the blue thing?

hahahahahahahaha

That made my morning!

I have no idea what this Dora craze is about...I'm a Fred Rogers Ernie Coombs baby.

Gonthro
04-02-2004, 10:23 AM