PDA

View Full Version : Carfax report for a house?

cidley69
06-23-2019, 07:07 AM
It would be useful to get a summary of work done to a house, similar to getting a Carfax/carproof when purchasing vehicle.

Is the purchase history with asking and sale price available in MLS database? Can a non-realtor access this info?

Can anyone request from the city or county a history of all permits pulled for a specific address? And does it include permit inspection reports?

Any thoughts on this? Maybe this is a new product we should create, lol.

ExtraSlow
06-23-2019, 08:29 AM
This is a good idea, but I don't know of a single product that provides this info. If a product was created that provided this information I think it would be popular.

cidley69
06-23-2019, 08:46 AM
Nevermind

gwill
06-23-2019, 10:04 AM
this company www.honestdoor.com for sales prices and alerts for permits in your neighborhood. I think they launched for edmonton and then Calgary is next.

You would think they could gather other info on permits real easily.

suntan
06-23-2019, 10:12 AM
Jordan Lotoski will give you pricing history.

Yes you can get permit history for a residence.

cidley69
06-23-2019, 05:58 PM
Is it possible to get insurance claim history about a house that isn't yours?

FraserB
06-23-2019, 08:47 PM
The history for permits pulled and their status is available from the city website for any address.

revelations
06-23-2019, 09:02 PM
Is it possible to get insurance claim history about a house that isn't yours?

No, thats a big privacy issue as the claims follow names around even as you move. There is a giant, private database the big companies share clients with each other.

JordanLotoski
06-23-2019, 11:06 PM
I can always provide history, answer questions and give my opinion...happy to help

kimm
06-24-2019, 07:46 AM
What I really prefer before making any rush or starting interact with any company is to read reviews and opinions of customers that have been interacting with this or that company already, so in that way when I decided to make a mortgage contract with CIty Worth, I've read all the cityworth mortgage reviews (https://www.revdex.com/reviews/cityworth-mortgage-llc/772781), and my point of view changed on one hundred and eighty percents.

kimm
06-24-2019, 07:50 AM
This is a good idea, but I don't know of a single product that provides this info. If a product was created that provided this information I think it would be popular.

Sometimes we just have not enough information about really useful things.

cidley69
06-24-2019, 08:07 AM
The history for permits pulled and their status is available from the city website for any address.

Anyone know the process for pulling permit records for Rocky View County?

89coupe
06-24-2019, 08:52 AM
Anyone know the process for pulling permit records for Rocky View County?

Same process as the city of Calgary. Phone their permit office.

https://www.rockyview.ca/CountyServices/BylawsEnforcement/Permits.aspx