PDA

View Full Version : anybody here a Ford diesel tech?

SOAB
07-10-2019, 08:21 AM
I'm wondering if there is a Ford tech here that is willing to do some side work. I need to have my oil cooler changed out on my 6.0L powerstroke. I've tried to do a coolant flush as well as back flushing the cooler and the delta's are still fairly high so it's time to get the oil cooler changed out.

it is a daily driver so I need to get it done fairly quickly and it doesn't fit in my garage so I can't really do it on the street during the weekend.

hoping someone would be willing to help out and get it done in one day on a weekend or something. not looking for anybody to work for free so payment will be worked out.

let me know if you or someone you know is looking to make a few extra bucks on the side.

revelations
07-10-2019, 08:48 AM
There are many mobile mechanics on Kijiji - also check out Calgary Cash Jobs on FB groups - many mobile techs there too.

If you can at least pull the engine into your garage that would also help out quite a bit too (not the whole truck).

AndyL
07-10-2019, 09:20 AM
6.0 Ford, you should have a 2 post cab removal hoist on hand for all issues :angel:

Step 1 remove cab. Says right there in the maintenance manual :rofl:

Sorry it had to be said. :)

SKR
07-10-2019, 09:25 AM
6.0 Ford, you should have a 2 post cab removal hoist on hand for all issues :angel:

Step 1 remove cab. Says right there in the maintenance manual :rofl:

Sorry it had to be said. :)

I had a neighbor who worked as a mechanic, and had a couple 6 liters that he frequently had apart. He always tore the front end out (grille, radiator, intercooler, all that) and brought the motor out the front.

Lifting the cab is probably easier though, especially if they're built that way.

SOAB
07-10-2019, 10:04 AM
lol. I've heard them all.

even though this thing has a bad rep, it towed my trailer like a champ last weekend. just needs a little more care and attention than your average civic.

like i said though, the truck doesn't fit in the garage and working on it in the alley is not really an option.

pulling the engine out isn't really needed when just doing an oil cooler.

i'm not looking for a run of the mill kind of tech to help work on my truck. it could end up costing huge money if they're not familiar with the 6.0

AndyL
07-10-2019, 10:10 AM
Honestly, dagger performance.

4 tow truck companies who consistently keep buying 6.0 and 6.4s - all took them there for a reason...

Twin_Cam_Turbo
07-10-2019, 10:16 AM
All I can say is GLHF! Even my LBZ hasn’t been without it’s issues, no vehicle is immune to issues so the 6.0L can’t really be singled out.