PDA

View Full Version : Krispy Kreme

Pages : 1 [2]

403Gemini
03-31-2004, 03:53 AM
we should have a 2:00 am beyond meet in their parking lot. wait in line get donuts then hang out ;) that way its only like a 20 min wait as oppposed to 1 hr lol

EK 2.0
03-31-2004, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by cocoabrova
I waited in line today, crazeeee....I had time to kill so I thought what the hell. Never thought I'd ever spend $30 at a doughnut shop:nut:

I think you should bring some down for the meet tonight Al...

3G
03-31-2004, 10:45 AM
Competitors aren't worried. The manager of a nearby Tim Horton's said he expected people to try Krispy Kreme's selection; however, he expects his customers to return.

"Tim Horton's is still No. 1 in Canada," he said. "We buried everybody else."

Who thinks KK is going to bury Tim Hortons?

sputnik
03-31-2004, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by Mx6GtTurbo

I hope so. Tim Hortons donuts taste like ass. I am also not a coffee drinker so Timmy has nothing to offer me anymore.

KELSTAR
03-31-2004, 10:52 AM

Doubt it.. Unless KK decides to open up a franchise in each and every strip mall and have three or four within a five minute driving distance like Tim's. Where I live there are four that are all within a five minute driving distance. I think that says something.. KK IS A FAD! The hype will die down!

EK 2.0
03-31-2004, 11:10 AM

As long as Timmie's still makes the Chicken Stew ina Bread Bowl, I will eat there...I mean there is only so many donuts you can eat...and Mr. Horton's reaslised that and added stuff to the menu...

QuasarCav
03-31-2004, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by KELSTAR

Doubt it.. Unless KK decides to open up a franchise in each and every strip mall and have three or four within a five minute driving distance like Tim's. Where I live there are four that are all within a five minute driving distance. I think that says something.. KK IS A FAD! The hype will die down!

:werd: When I lived in acadia i could walk to like 3 timmys within 5 min.

timmys has the market covered, CJAY said there were 47 tims vs. 1 KK.

Wonder what would ahppen if they opened a jack in the box in calgary. Fat people all over would rejoice:barf:

ShOwOfF
03-31-2004, 11:24 AM
just had some. mmmmm, it was so good. :drool: best donut i've ever had. :thumbsup:

rage2
03-31-2004, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by QuasarCav
Wonder what would ahppen if they opened a jack in the box in calgary. Fat people all over would rejoice:barf:
I'd be the first fat guy in line lol. JITB rules.

Redlyne_mr2
03-31-2004, 11:53 AM

Not very likely, they are 2 very different stores and I dont think wendys would give up their biggest money maker that easily

AquamosH
03-31-2004, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by rage2

I'd be the first fat guy in line lol. JITB rules.

:werd: A Carl's Jr. wouldn't be bad either. :D

Dope Dealer
03-31-2004, 12:36 PM
They should open up an In and Out Burger and a Fatburger's in Canada...

SoSlowDx
03-31-2004, 01:18 PM
Carl's Jr
In and out

:drool:

QuasarCav
03-31-2004, 01:45 PM
are these restaurants good because we don't have them??

Or are they using the KK method of increasing the fat content by 200%?

I read a funny article in macleans about the US banning fast food so the americans would come to canada for the weekend and smuggle donuts and burgers out.

Sorry, all this talk about american fast food made me think of that!

sputnik
03-31-2004, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by SoSlowDx
Carl's Jr
In and out

:drool:

I'll give you a Hot Carl... and then a quick In and Out

:rofl: :rofl:

cocoabrova
03-31-2004, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by CycloneAWD

I think you should bring some down for the meet tonight Al...
Haha, I won't be waiting in line again for KK's, that's why I bought 4 dozen....so I'd get sick of/from them and not want to go back for awhile:rofl:

nismodrifter
03-31-2004, 06:44 PM
ok my mom brought some home today....after eating them I'll say that I don't really see whats so speical about them.....they are WAY to sweet IMO

7thgenvic
03-31-2004, 08:24 PM
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm i love getting fatter!

finboy
03-31-2004, 08:57 PM
tried one, don't like them

timmies ownz KK

CKY
03-31-2004, 10:01 PM
so what flavors do they come in other than the normal glazed donut??

CRXguy
04-01-2004, 12:36 PM
http://www.krispykreme.com/varieties.html

Anyways, In 'N' Out and Sonic should open in Canada! Best burgers ever. :drool:

mo_virgin
04-01-2004, 01:17 PM
How much do one of these franchises cost? wouldn't it be cool if everyone on beyond chipped in to invest in one? Beyond would have its own Krispy Kream!!!

403Gemini
04-01-2004, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by mo_virgin
How much do one of these franchises cost? wouldn't it be cool if everyone on beyond chipped in to invest in one? Beyond would have its own Krispy Kream!!!

.... i say 5 of us gets together and does this, could you imagining opening one up in chinook mall?! lets do it!!!

lam-boy
04-01-2004, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by 403Gemini

.... i say 5 of us gets together and does this, could you imagining opening one up in chinook mall?! lets do it!!!

i believe you'd be potting around 100,000 dollars each of there were about 5 of you guys. it takes alot of money to get places like this started.

my dad wnted to start up a tim hortons by our house. they wanted 700,000 we said no thanks.

Weapon_R
04-01-2004, 01:45 PM
I think all of the rights to KK have been sold already, therefore there is little chance of being able to open your own.`

mo_virgin
04-01-2004, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by lam-boy

i believe you'd be potting around 100,000 dollars each of there were about 5 of you guys. it takes alot of money to get places like this started.

my dad wnted to start up a tim hortons by our house. they wanted 700,000 we said no thanks.

Dude... you think a franchise is only gonna cost you 500K??
I say hot ones like Krispy Kream are close to a mil+

3G
04-01-2004, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by Weapon_R
I think all of the rights to KK have been sold already, therefore there is little chance of being able to open your own.`

:werd: I heard only one is allowed per Canadian city

RC-Cola
04-01-2004, 06:38 PM
The rights to Krispy Kreme Canada is owned by one guy/company in Ontario. He can open as many as he likes across Canada with the approval of the Franchisor. In other words he can open twenty in Calgary if he wants as long as the owners of KK in the States approves his site selection.

BTW the cost of opening a Krispy Kreme is around the $750,000 mark.

Dj_Stylz
04-01-2004, 06:51 PM
If the owner lives in Canada why does he need the States to approve? If he is owner he should be able to put it where ever he wants to without having to ask anyone since he is owner...

Altezza
04-01-2004, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by RC-Cola
The rights to Krispy Kreme Canada is owned by one guy/company in Ontario. He can open as many as he likes across Canada with the approval of the Franchisor. In other words he can open twenty in Calgary if he wants as long as the owners of KK in the States approves his site selection.

BTW the cost of opening a Krispy Kreme is around the $750,000 mark.

I inquired over 3 years regarding the qualifications and requirements to be a franchisee. Financial commitments run US$2million with US$500k paid up front in cash. Franchisee must also have a net worth of over US$1million after the $500k paid.

Even at that time, all franchises were spoken for. The owner you are referring to is KremeKoInc, who has all exclusive rights to KK in Canada except BC (run by KremeWorks). KremeKoInc is a joint venture 39% owned by KrispyKreme from the USA. The remainder is owned by the parent company of Superstore I believe.

KrispyKreme stores typically are no less than 15kms apart within a population based of roughly 100-150k people (not including the satellite locations which do not actually manufacture the donuts).

Studies also show that every time KK opens a store in a certain market, the surrounding competitors DO NOT suffer. In fact they actually do better as it KK's entry improves the overall demand for donuts.

kevie88
04-01-2004, 08:02 PM
I had some of these today... Too much sugar!!:barf: I had one of the glazed donuts and a high-test (Double Espresso and dark roast ) coffee, and I was totally on a sugar/caffine buz all morning!! :nut: :nut: :nut:

I'm still waiting for the crash.. :zzz: if it doesn't come soon I'm not sure if I'm going to sleep tonight :rofl:

ninjak84
04-01-2004, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by lam-boy

$700k for a Tim Horton's is fairly cheap I think.

Assuming an average turnover rate on the Timmie's market, you would be making a profit within a few years. If you consider the $700k as an investment rather than a purchase, it doesn't seem so bad anymore.

fcuk_it
04-01-2004, 08:12 PM
watch out for the dounut scalpers in front of krispy kreme... haha i got hit by them yesterday waiting in line... they say they bought too many and had boxes of them in their car selling for 9 bucks a box... hahaha
look for a 2004 red expedition in front of the store haha

Chester
04-01-2004, 08:55 PM
hahahahha donut scalpers

7thgenvic
04-02-2004, 02:43 AM
whats so great about them, other than the fact that they are super fatty!

BebeAphrodite
04-02-2004, 04:14 AM
HA HA HA HA HA HA
donut scalpers
who the hell would waste their time for approx $1.50...
I woulda bought the donuts for that price rather than wait in line
went to KK today at 11:40 pm... there were around 50 cars there when I arrived...
good thing i had nothing to do

mcshow
04-02-2004, 11:01 AM
its pretty funny though, my buddy said that some guy went to the krispy kreme shop and bought a ton and then sold them and the U for like a dollar, and it was funny cuz he said he waited for like 2 minutes to get one, and some people drove down from edmonton to get them

girlRACER
04-03-2004, 01:46 AM
I noticed people at the University were selling them to raise money for charity and everyone was carrying small boxes of them :( Too bad I missed it all and they sold out quickly.

SoSlowDx
04-03-2004, 06:57 PM
Donuts that come with heart attacks!!! :clap: