PDA

View Full Version : For Sale Screen Tent for picnics / camping

ExtraSlow
07-20-2019, 08:20 AM
I have a Woods brand "modular screen house" for sale. This is the type of thing you can set up over a picnic table to keep out the sun and bugs. It has no floor so it's not really suitable for sleeping in. Has a side room for kids/gear/pets, although Iv'e never used it. I'm sure this was purchased at Canadian tire, although they don't seen to sell this model any more.

Pics:

Good Features:
- 13x13 foot floor size in main room plus the smaller side room, Fits over most picnic tables
- You don't have to set up the side room if you don't want. I never did.
- provides shade, keeps out the bugs if you keep the doors zipped closed.
Not so great features
- This thing is HEAVY and LARGE when packed up into it's carry bag. I can carry it with one hand, but I complain while doing it. Maybe you are tougher than me, or maybe you'll need to hands.
- This thing has been well used. No obvious rips or missing parts, but I'm not guaranteeing it.
- It will shelter you from light sprinkles, but it isn't and never was fully waterproof. I guess if it was really rainy you'd need to put a tarp over it or something.
- One of the roof poles has been bent and looks weakened. I assume it will break one day, but I've set it up many times and it doesn't seem to be getting worse. Just keep an eye on it. See upper left in first pic.
- Your wife and kids will never keep the doors zipped closed and you'll wonder if they like getting stung by wasps/mosquitoes or if they are just trying to make you yell. I can't help you with this.
- If you want to peg it down, it comes with those same cheap pegs as everything else, which aren't much help. You can buy your own better pegs, or just not peg it at all. Both work well.

Price - One case of beer, your choice of brand. Much pick up from me in Mount Pleasant.
I'm a little busy this weekend, so PM me and we can work something out, but don't expect fast replies.

ExtraSlow
08-02-2019, 07:30 AM
I'd prefer to sell this to a beyond member, pm me.