PDA

View Full Version : FS: Silver/Blue 2008 Mercedes-Benz S450 4Matic - Beautiful Condition

Neil4Speed
08-04-2019, 09:35 AM
Vehicle Details
Year : 2008
Make and Model : Mercedes-Benz S450 4Matic
Exterior Color : Andorit Grey Metallic (Silver/Blue)
Interior Color : Anthracite (Black)
Auto or Manual? : Auto
Odometer Reading : 129,XXX
Location of Vehicle : Calgary, NW
Description :

Hello All - I thought I would post on Beyond if someone was interested in my old-man's Merc. Feel free to text/call me at the number below should you have any questions.

Offered for sale is a stunning, mechanically excellent, 2008 Mercedes Benz S450 4Matic (All Wheel Drive) with 129,XXX kilometers and finished in rare and desirable Andorit Grey Metallic (Silver Blue) over a complimentary black/anthracite leather interior.

The vehicle was delivered by Mercedes to its first owner in Vancouver who used the vehicle sparingly building to the mileage of 116,450 kilometers before I was able to aquire it in the Summer of 2015. I personally drove this vehicle back to Calgary from Vancouver after looking for the perfect example (within my price range). My criteria were strict, desirable color, excellent condition, well maintained with documented history, 2008+ 450 model with 4Matic in short wheel base (this spec reflects the best attributes of an S450 while being sensible on fuel and a flawless all weather performer) with Burred Walnut (high-gloss) interior finishes. The drive back to Calgary and my ownership experience is exemplified Car and Driver's magazine sentiment that "What we have here no long qualifies to be just a car anymore. It's something ... grander, like somewhere on it in tasteful chrome there should be a NASA badge. "

I won't go ad-nauseum into the full options list as any Mercedes costing $108,000 CAD in 2008 is going to come fully loaded however some special ones include:

- 600 watt harman/kardon® LOGIC7® surround sound system with Dolby Digital 5.1, DTS, and 14 speakers which sounds sublime and was a key selling feature for this audiophile.
- Switchable Comfort/Sports modes, Parktronic, Stability Control, Heated Steering Wheel, Anti-Slip Control, Navigation, Bi-Xenon Headlights, Brake Assist, Bluetooth
- Power Closing Doors/Trunk/Side Mirrors/Rear Window-blind, Heated Memory front seats.

As the pictures show, owners’ care has yielded an exceptionally beautiful and incredibly preserved example, undoubtedly one of the finest, S450's on the road today. The original body is entirely straight, retaining uniform factory correct panel fits and gaps and cloaked in a gorgeous, factory correct Andorit Grey finish that is deep and lustrous. This S450 is as handsome as the they come and is essentially showroom ready.

Inside you are ensconced – by leather, burl walnut and that distinctive Mercedes new car smell, the cabin of this luxury cruiser is a great place to be. The car’s interior is entirely original and equally as clean, the soft black leather seats exhibiting only virtually unnoticeable wear on the driver seat and the velour carpets/interior panels are flawless.

I take great pride in keeping the vehicle regularly cleaned. The brightwork is in excellent original condition, and the car retains its original 18" 5 spoke aluminum wheels wrapped in ContiProContact tires. Having spent most of its life in cities with limited snow, the car’s condition is quite unique in Calgary. Winter driving is remarkable in that it is completely impervious to poor weather conditions with 4MATIC paired with Electronic Stability Program (ESP) and Anti Slip Regulation(ASR).

I have the manuals, pamphlets, keys (2), a brochure. Since buying this vehicle, I have enjoyed about 13,000 kilometers. Premium fuel has always been used. The car has been exceptionally reliable this entire period, and I expect the same for many years to come. In my ownership, all maintenance (regular oil change with Mobil 1 synthetic, etc.) has been done by my German mechanic (who I have known and worked on my cars for over 25 years), Klaus Boll. This is a garage kept, Non Smoker/Kids/Pets, Accident Free, No Lien Vehicle with an Active title. A recently pulled Carfax are available for serious buyers.

I would not hesitate getting in this car and driving anywhere on the continent. The car is mechanically strong idling consistently and pulling strongly and with smoothness through each of the seven automatic transmission’s gears. The 4.7L V8 is absolutely smooth and torquey and the car is a joy from behind the wheel, whether tooling around town, through the mountains or overtaking down the highway. There is always ample power reserved with 335hp and 337lb/tq.

My feelings for this vehicle are evident however I was offered an opportunity to upgrade to a newer S-class in another color combination I have admired and since my S-class ownership experience has been so positive with this one decided to take the plunge. The color and timeless design, and relative rarity means that even today I get positive comments from others on "big blue".

Its amazing to me that you can get a vehicle these days at this price with no compromise in power, beauty, safety, reliability, comfort, and practicality. This is an excellent opportunity to acquire a beautiful Mercedes that checks all the right boxes for the discerning buyer of a daily driver or enthusiast: low original mileage for the year, gorgeous and desirable color combination, strong original mechanical and an supreme condition overall. If you’re in the market for a beautiful used S450 at this price point, it’s unlikely that you’ll ever find a better example. There are no squeaks, rattles, unusual road noise etc.

I welcome any questions or comments about the vehicle, but would request serious inquiries only. No Paypal, offers to sell the vehicle for me, low-ball offers, or tire-kickers.

Thanks for looking

Extras : Keys, Manuals, Records

Asking Price : $16,500

Contact Information
Phone : 403-667-1367

Pictures :

Neil4Speed
11-02-2019, 07:53 AM
Bump! Kind of forgot this was for sale as my folks kept using it. Price Drop to $15,450.