PDA

View Full Version : Miata owners... are they really that fun?

370Z
08-08-2019, 09:04 PM
I've always loved the look of the previous gen Miatas... anyone here own one before??

Are they really that fun?

shakalaka
08-08-2019, 09:28 PM
Can't get over my feelings about it that no male out there should be driving one. Don't care how fun they are. lol.

Twin_Cam_Turbo
08-08-2019, 09:39 PM
They are fun but the lack of torque can get old fast. I’ve owned four, a supercharged 1.6 1992, 1.8L 1994, 1.8L 2003 Sport and a 2004 Mazdaspeed. I regret trading my S2000 for the Mazdaspeed.

ee2k
08-08-2019, 09:44 PM
I've always loved the look of the previous gen Miatas... anyone here own one before??

Are they really that fun?

Midlife crisis? I guess it's better than having a 20yo girlfriend.

jabjab
08-08-2019, 09:44 PM
Awesome track cars. I've taken the first Gen one with gt2871and it ripped like hell and handled like a go kart at Castrol

speedog
08-08-2019, 09:45 PM

Is it?

370Z
08-08-2019, 10:16 PM
39/M/Airdrie, straight guy married to a woman with no kids. Just looking to experience other sports cars before I get to my real mid life crisis lol

At this point, I'm honestly leaning to just buying a newer 370z and be done with sports cars for the rest off my life lol

I really do want an Alfa 4C one day though... but that will a good mid life crisis car, it's an automated manual so it'd be perfect for my aging body.

- - - Updated - - -

Is it?

Isn't it?

Mitsu3000gt
08-09-2019, 10:04 AM
I don't own one but I have have driven them a few times now and IMHO they are not that fun. They do have a following, but I have never understood the fuss about them. They feel really slow (no torque + Calgary altitude), they're not that nice to drive, and I can count on one hand how many times I have seen non-female drivers in them. To me, if you're going to get a dedicated "sports" car and sacrifice all practicality and in this case masculinity, it should at least feel fast. There are very few cars I can think of that need a turbo worse than the Miata, maybe the FRS/BRZ.

If it's between that and a 370Z, the 370Z is a no-brainer in my opinion. I'd even take something like a GTI over a Miata, and if you're buying new, Miatas are grossly overpriced - you can buy a Golf R or CTR for similar money to a Miata GT if either of those float your boat, and they are way more fun while also being more piratical and usable year-round. Just my opinion anyway.

Skrilla
08-09-2019, 10:14 AM
Can't get over my feelings about it that no male out there should be driving one. Don't care how fun they are. lol.

First reply...thought it would maybe take 3 or 4 for this statement to come out.

I only ever owned one, nothing fast about it, but you could toss it around and have some laughs. Apparently they make amazing auto x cars as well. Always loved the looks of a nicely set up first gen.

eglove
08-09-2019, 10:25 AM
My gf loves hers. I don't mind driving it when I get the chance. It's quite fun, feels like you're going fast but you're really not haha.

Twin_Cam_Turbo
08-09-2019, 10:36 AM
My gf loves hers. I don't mind driving it when I get the chance. It's quite fun, feels like you're going fast but you're really not haha.

This is what makes them good cars. The ability to have fun at lower speeds. They also have better steering feel than pretty much any other cheap sports car, including the 86 and S2000.

jwslam
08-09-2019, 10:38 AM

Is it?
Need to hear from max_boost

revelations
08-09-2019, 10:38 AM
Definitely not for big dudes.

eglove
08-09-2019, 10:39 AM

Why not have a 20-something year old gf AND a miata. Win-win?

- - - Updated - - -

Definitely not for big dudes.

Yea, my buddy is 6'6 and his eyes are above the windshield. Haha

Twin_Cam_Turbo
08-09-2019, 10:43 AM
I’m 6’2” and usually foamectomied seats fit me fine. On one with a rollbar I slotted the floor to drop the seat brackets another inch to pass the brookstick test.

ExtraSlow
08-09-2019, 10:44 AM
Maybe owning a Miata would help you get the 20 year-old GF? Win win?

eglove
08-09-2019, 10:47 AM

No, that would only get you gay hairdressers

Mitsu3000gt
08-09-2019, 10:48 AM

Chances are that 20 year old GF is already driving a Miata - cost savings opportunity for the OP if she lets him drive her car.

LUV2REV
08-09-2019, 10:57 AM

This is the oldest & dumbest response to the Miata for those who seemingly suffer inferiority complex - Lame...

tonytiger55
08-09-2019, 11:24 AM
My sister had the Mx5 back in 2007. Really fun to drive on small windy roads in London.

You might find it boring and under powered on the open straight Canadian roads. Also, if you a bigger guy that likes eating Alberdah beef......Yeaaaaah this may not be the car for you.

redblack
08-09-2019, 11:38 AM

Sugarphreak
08-09-2019, 11:42 AM

370Z
08-09-2019, 11:52 AM
Haha thanks for all the replies.. I'm staying away. They're ridiculously overpriced too, I was looking at this Kijiji ad just posted yesterday...2010, silver with prht, hail damage, 185,000km, sitting for a year in a parkade for God knows what reason and he wants $14,500 for it :banghead:

Guess I'll go back to saving up for a V8 Camaro or Mustang.

Orrrrrr.....a Veloster? Haha fuck no

eglove
08-09-2019, 11:55 AM
haha thanks for all the replies.. I'm staying away. They're ridiculously overpriced too, i was looking at this kijiji ad just posted yesterday...2010, silver with prht, hail damage, 185,000km, sitting for a year in a parkade for god knows what reason and he wants $14,500 for it :banghead:

Guess i'll go back to saving up for a v8 camaro or mustang.

Orrrrrr.....a veloster? Haha fuck no

s2000

Disoblige
08-09-2019, 12:04 PM
V8 Camaro or Mustang? I rather drive a 370Z haha.

Why not used Corvette?

The Cosworth
08-09-2019, 12:11 PM
It’s a small, light and nimble car. A buddy of mine has one and he gets compliments from senior guys about how much they loved theirs back in the day. I wouldn’t personally buy one as it’s too weak.

Said friend here. Yes lots of older guys love it. I also get a lot of hush / quiet questions from younger guys who are actually intrigued by them but don't want people to know. It is funny. No, they're not fast. Yes they're dirt cheap to maintain (brake pads were $7). I've had mine for about a year and it is hilariously fun. I'll keep it for a while. However I don't get guys with hard-tops. To me 50% of the fun is top down with it. Even with the canvas top up, it kills a lot of the fun I have with it.

I've had an STI, a Cobra Mustang, Mistu, etc over the years. They're all different. The Miata is more like a GTI, Civic, Integra in the sense that I can haul ass around corners (to the point of not braking) and the true twisty roads are a lot of fun. I wouldn't commute in it daily if it was my only car, but I'm happy I got to try one and enjoy one in life.

Twin_Cam_Turbo
08-09-2019, 12:12 PM
Said friend here. Yes lots of older guys love it. I also get a lot of hush / quiet questions from younger guys who are actually intrigued by them but don't want people to know. It is funny. No, they're not fast. Yes they're dirt cheap to maintain (brake pads were $7). I've had mine for about a year and it is hilariously fun. I'll keep it for a while. However I don't get guys with hard-tops. To me 50% of the fun is top down with it. Even with the canvas top up, it kills a lot of the fun I have with it.

I've had an STI, a Cobra Mustang, Mistu, etc over the years. They're all different. The Miata is more like a GTI, Civic, Integra in the sense that I can haul ass around corners (to the point of not braking) and the true twisty roads are a lot of fun. I wouldn't commute in it daily if it was my only car, but I'm happy I got to try one and enjoy one in life.

Wow long time no see. Didn’t even know you got a Miata, but saw you had a second child? Congrats

revelations
08-09-2019, 12:18 PM

LS swap with a bass exhaust note and youd be fine.

Maybe dont go with feminine colours either?

The Cosworth
08-09-2019, 12:27 PM
Wow long time no see. Didn’t even know you got a Miata, but saw you had a second child? Congrats

Haha thanks. Yeah I still lurk time to time but new job too so don't have a lot of time to get involved. Yeah that second kid is actually more work and less fun (and Phreak mentioned).

As for the Miata. I got out of motorbikes completely and this was my replacement. Rebuilt it all winter. So far happy with it. Probably won't be a forever car, but definitely can see me keeping it a few more years. Also made me really look at the Boxster now with a new love, especially the later designs. Mine is a 1996 1.8L. Basic one but it is fun. Red-Black and I went on a trip through BC and Highway 31A between New Denver and Kaslo in the Miata with the top down is about the most fun I've ever had in a vehicle, bike or car.

https://i.imgur.com/HxkzpIb.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/dw3sE2S.jpg

Xtrema
08-09-2019, 12:29 PM
Had a chance to test out ND during this year's Mazda country tour. It's very tossable but if you get your rocks off on accelerations, you will be disappointed.

It's also not a good grand tourer either. So other than track, I think they are quite boring in North America.

Put that in HK or Hakone where there are a bunch of slow windy mountain roads, you would be in heaven.

Disoblige
08-09-2019, 12:34 PM
You guys raise a good point on the landscape.
Miatas are great cars depending on the environment they are in.

No different than if you lived where there are a bunch of small windy roads and can't use that big HP.

killramos
08-09-2019, 12:42 PM
^ This.

And here we live in an environment where you need 400+HP to pass safely so no miatas lol

The Cosworth
08-09-2019, 12:43 PM
^ This.

And here we live in an environment where you need 400+HP to pass safely so no miatas lol

You're not passing anyone in a Miata. You're going 110 with the top down listening to tunes feeling like you're doing 180 because you're 3 inches off the ground. It is still fun and legal. I've come across speed traps and my heart goes to my throat, until I look down and realize I am doing 70 in a 70 zone. Haha.

The difference is that I do 110 into Calgary, then hit the off ramps on Deerfoot at 110 as well.

Gman.45
08-09-2019, 01:47 PM
Anyone else drive the newer retractable hardtop Miata? I was very impressed with it. I'm not super tall, 6'0, but am not small, and it fit me ok. Not fast.

triplep
08-09-2019, 01:50 PM
If your looking at a Miata, why not look at picking up a 2000 - 2005 MR2 Spyder? I had one for a little bit and it was a fun little car, super light (lighter than the Miata) by about 300lbs, if you slapped a turbo on that thing I am sure it would go.

rage2
08-09-2019, 02:09 PM
Father in law has 2. Was thinking of buying one of him to keep it in the family. I barely fit in it, hilarious how tiny it is parked beside him.

370Z
08-09-2019, 05:37 PM
Father in law has 2. Was thinking of buying one of him to keep it in the family. I barely fit in it, hilarious how tiny it is parked beside him.

Yes! Honestly I really just love the look of them (the previous gen), a silver or gray one, put some coilovers on it and since nice black rims. Nothing "girly" about that. Maybe I'll buy one thet go under $10,000.

mr2mike
08-09-2019, 10:17 PM
Guys looking at a Miata are not in the market for a girlfriend of any age.

- - - Updated - - -

If your looking at a Miata, why not look at picking up a 2000 - 2005 MR2 Spyder? I had one for a little bit and it was a fun little car, super light (lighter than the Miata) by about 300lbs, if you slapped a turbo on that thing I am sure it would go.

Just slap a Gen3 3S-GTE motor in there. More reliable than adding a turbo to that motor in the Spyder.

speedog
08-09-2019, 10:36 PM
Yes! Honestly I really just love the look of them (the previous gen), a silver or gray one, put some coilovers on it and since nice black rims. Nothing "girly" about that. Maybe I'll buy one thet go under $10,000.

You can just keep telling that to yourself. :)

370Z
08-09-2019, 10:48 PM
You can just keep telling that to yourself. :)

You're old and intolerant.

speedog
08-10-2019, 12:22 AM
You're old and intolerant.

It happens.

bjstare
08-10-2019, 07:32 AM
Since they retain their value reasonably well (I think NA's have probably bottomed, I could see clean ones appreciating), just buy one and drive it for a summer. Or even a month. Sell it for what you paid if you don't like it.

shakalaka
08-10-2019, 09:18 AM
This is the oldest & dumbest response to the Miata for those who seemingly suffer inferiority complex - Lame...

It is not a 'response'. It is an opinion. You know that thing that everyone is entitled to and usually differs from person to person? What is 'old and dumb' is being ignorant to the opinions of others that apparently do not match with yours and that is actually what's truly lame.There is nothing inferior or superior about an opinion. All the power to those that like them and enjoy them.

C4S
08-10-2019, 09:45 AM
I love Miata, I miss mine, ( 1992 or 1993? when they were under $20K) it was small and nimble, few of my friends drove Miata too, (I guess it was a trend) great shifting, ok power, cool looking, and fun with top down! (Easy one hand control)

The new Miata seems like a great car, look very nice and sleek, 180HP is very good for such small car, and for around $40K, is indeed good price, when you look at a CRV or RAV4, they are $40K anyway .. :clap:

Damn .. I want one! :angel:

The Cosworth
08-10-2019, 10:09 AM

I also enjoy how tiny it is:

https://i.imgur.com/T9aBZkH.jpg

speedog
08-10-2019, 10:37 AM

I would probably enjoy owning one, a Fiat X1/9 would be something I would like more having driven one in the past but they're pretty much all gone and parts are difficult to source as well at reasonable prices.

The Cosworth
08-10-2019, 12:14 PM
I would probably enjoy owning one, a Fiat X1/9 would be something I would like more having driven one in the past but they're pretty much all gone and parts are difficult to source as well at reasonable prices.

It's true. I considered MGs and FIATs but the difference in knowledge and parts availability was a massive factor for me. Having to order basic stuff from England vs dirt cheap parts for the Miata was a big +

ExtraSlow
08-10-2019, 12:50 PM
Is the frs/brz also pretty fun? Seems like the same kind of concept, minus the 'Vert.

370Z
08-10-2019, 01:09 PM
Is the frs/brz also pretty fun? Seems like the same kind of concept, minus the 'Vert.

I like really small cars, preferably only 2 seats, therefore I wouldn't consider one...too big. I also think the styling of the FRS is incredibly bland.

Darkane
08-10-2019, 01:57 PM

That’s what she said! No wait, I’m not great at these things.

That’s not what she said! There! ;)

Twin_Cam_Turbo
08-10-2019, 02:16 PM

Pretty boring car imo.

mr2mike
08-10-2019, 05:02 PM
Del Sol?

370Z
08-10-2019, 06:05 PM
Del Sol?

Forgot about those lol... we use to call them Del Slow back in the 90s... such a cool car though. Car makers need to bring back these 2 seaters.

If Nissan hadn't quashed the IdX I would've probably bought one.

ExtraSlow
08-10-2019, 06:28 PM
Nissan pulsar nx.

rage2
08-11-2019, 09:58 AM
Forgot about those lol... we use to call them Del Slow back in the 90s... such a cool car though. Car makers need to bring back these 2 seaters.

If Nissan hadn't quashed the IdX I would've probably bought one.
The del sol VTEC wasn’t bad. Was the closest we could get to a civic type r at the time. On of our moderators had a green one. Cool little car to zip around in.

ThePenIsMightier
08-11-2019, 01:20 PM

Lame but this was essentially a hard fact for literally more than a decade. I think there was an SNL or Mad-TV skit with the line "the only car more gay is the Volkswagen Cabriolet!"
https://i.pinimg.com/474x/f8/27/b8/f827b8a82bcec3eddc2f5368173232e1--mazda-mx--mazda-miata.jpg

Now, times have changed. Getting your ass repeatedly handed to you at AutoX by these tiny little bastards makes people look at them differently.

03ozwhip
08-11-2019, 02:02 PM
The 90-94 MR2 was also an amazing car. I loved mine and miss it all the time. I was just looking at them and wow, the price of them is crazy.

I sold mine for $8300 back in 2008? They're more than that now and they aren't in particularly great shape or low k...

bjstare
08-11-2019, 02:37 PM
Lame but this was essentially a hard fact for literally more than a decade. I think there was an SNL or Mad-TV skit with the line "the only car more gay is the Volkswagen Cabriolet!"

Aka the bitch basket. I would also drive one of those, if I could find a 16V. Would be a blast, I couldn't care any less how many people think they're gay.

370Z
08-11-2019, 05:21 PM
https://i.pinimg.com/474x/f8/27/b8/f827b8a82bcec3eddc2f5368173232e1--mazda-mx--mazda-miata.jpg

Now, times have changed. Getting your ass repeatedly handed to you at AutoX by these tiny little bastards makes people look at them differently.

Uh ya, also, the whole being homophobic thing makes you look like an idiot?

killramos
08-11-2019, 05:29 PM
I think you need to stop taking things so seriously, especially if you want to drive around a miata lol

The jokes could get old pretty quick :rofl:

370Z
08-11-2019, 05:32 PM
I think you need to stop taking things so seriously, especially if you want to drive around a miata lol

The jokes could get old pretty quick :rofl:

Me? No i obviously don't care lol some people were just talking about it here...

heavyD
08-11-2019, 06:58 PM
The del sol VTEC wasn’t bad. Was the closest we could get to a civic type r at the time. On of our moderators had a green one. Cool little car to zip around in.

I owned one of these as at the time it was the only way to get a B16A in North America. It was a fun car to boot around in.

370Z
08-12-2019, 10:45 AM
Got this email response back from the Kijiji seller after I told him I'll pass because I'd be disappointed in the lack of power coming from a 370...

"By the way, I beat every lamborgini, ferrari‎ etc. many a time off a stop- it has super acceleration--better than those guys. It's maximum speed is lower than those, probably, though. It was serviced by a guy who's owned and raced a ferrari"

This is a 2010, with no mods.

killramos
08-12-2019, 10:47 AM
Yea I’m sure getting an oil change from a guy who owns a Ferrari (lol btw) makes it a ton faster.

Edit: *used to own a ferrari

370Z
08-12-2019, 11:23 AM
I dunno, now I'm kind of wondering if I'm making a big mistake...I had no idea Miatas were that fast!

Sugarphreak
08-12-2019, 11:28 AM

Tik-Tok
08-12-2019, 11:29 AM
I dunno, now I'm kind of wondering if I'm making a big mistake...I had no idea Miatas were that fast!

I think the guy was kind of exaggerating. Just take one for a test drive.

Mitsu3000gt
08-12-2019, 11:35 AM
Got this email response back from the Kijiji seller after I told him I'll pass because I'd be disappointed in the lack of power coming from a 370...

"By the way, I beat every lamborgini, ferrari‎ etc. many a time off a stop- it has super acceleration--better than those guys. It's maximum speed is lower than those, probably, though. It was serviced by a guy who's owned and raced a ferrari"

That is exactly how I have always imagined the attitude of the average Miata owner to be haha. The sad thing is he probably isn't trolling you, especially coming from Kijiji.

But hey, if it was serviced by someone who once had a Ferrari, who knows how fast it is....

370Z
08-12-2019, 11:39 AM
I think the guy was kind of exaggerating. Just take one for a test drive.

So was I haha

The ad has so many red flags. It's a 2010 with 185,000km with minor hail damage for $14,500, which is a RIP off... on to off that it's been sitting for over a year, the guy sent me pics but the car is covered in dust lol I'm thinking it doesn't run properly that's why he parked it.

killramos
08-12-2019, 11:47 AM
So was I haha

The ad has so many red flags. It's a 2010 with 185,000km with minor hail damage for $14,500, which is a RIP off... on to off that it's been sitting for over a year, the guy sent me pics but the car is covered in dust lol I'm thinking it doesn't run properly that's why he parked it.

Must be all that ferrari rubbing off on it

D'z Nutz
08-12-2019, 11:56 AM
for $14,500, which is a RIP off...

Nice car. What's the retail on one of those?

More than you can afford, pal. MAZDA.

you&me
08-12-2019, 12:06 PM

I like how he added "probably"... you know, just in case that isn't entirely factual.

370Z
08-12-2019, 12:27 PM
He reminds me of Lonzo Ball's dad...Big Baller brand.

94boosted
08-16-2019, 01:24 PM
I've only ever driven a Mazdaspeed NB and briefly owned an ND, here's a summary of my experience with the ND.

Pro's
- An absolute boat load of fun at an autocross course, slaloming with your foot literally welded to the floor is a hoot and putting down times that are substantially faster than much more powerful cars never gets old
- Consumables, again for performance driving, are dirt cheap
- On-ramps & off-ramps are fun
- Strong re-sale value

Con's
- Lack of torque gets old fast (I sold mine after 5 months of ownership)
- Front suspension geometry is not ideal
- Car really needs stiffer springs F&R and stiffer anti-roll bars F&R

Here's mine :)
https://i.imgur.com/XsXQBaO.jpg

They also have better steering feel than pretty much any other cheap sports car, including the 86 and S2000.

The ND arguably has the worst steering feel of any car on the planet in my opinion, in order to get any front camber we had to pull pretty much all of the caster out, coupled with an electric rack, I had no idea which way the wheels were pointed. I've never driven an NC so I'm assuming it was way better.

Twin_Cam_Turbo
08-16-2019, 01:33 PM
I've only ever driven a Mazdaspeed NB and briefly owned an ND, here's a summary of my experience with the ND.

Pro's
- An absolute boat load of fun at an autocross course, slaloming with your foot literally welded to the floor is a hoot and putting down times that are substantially faster than much more powerful cars never gets old
- Consumables, again for performance driving, are dirt cheap
- On-ramps & off-ramps are fun
- Strong re-sale value

Con's
- Lack of torque gets old fast (I sold mine after 5 months of ownership)
- Front suspension geometry is not ideal
- Car really needs stiffer springs F&R and stiffer anti-roll bars F&R

Here's mine :)
https://i.imgur.com/XsXQBaO.jpg

The ND arguably has the worst steering feel of any car on the planet in my opinion, in order to get any front camber we had to pull pretty much all of the caster out, coupled with an electric rack, I had no idea which way the wheels were pointed. I've never driven an NC so I'm assuming it was way better.

I’ve only driven NA/NB so my statement only applies to them, NC and ND I have no idea.

mzdspd
08-21-2019, 01:57 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0qppUHN2Uc

Entertaining and informative video comparing the NA/ND2 Miatas..

370Z
08-21-2019, 03:43 PM

She emails me again a week later asking if I ever need any financial advice to contact her :rofl::rofl:

I googled her name, she's actually an old lady who works as an investment advisor for Acumen... which explains some things...

killramos
08-21-2019, 09:09 PM
Sounds more like someone who would work for WFG

370Z
08-21-2019, 09:43 PM
Sounds more like someone who would work for WFG

That's initially what I posted... but then i googled her name.

bjstare
08-22-2019, 01:19 PM
Found your next car. You're welcome.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/2016-mazda-mx-5-miata-10/

eglove
08-22-2019, 01:32 PM

Holy fuck, do want

never
08-22-2019, 01:43 PM
^ now THAT would be fun to drive!

370Z
08-22-2019, 02:27 PM

Nnnoooooooice.

rage2
08-22-2019, 03:29 PM
Many years ago I had a chance to drive a Monster Miata. The car was so front heavy that it was a coin toss between plowing into a corner or snap oversteer on turn in under braking, then ridiculously oversteer with little weight over the rear wheels under power. There was no balance to that car whatsoever. With that said, it was the most fucking fun I've ever had in a car at the time haha.

bjstare
08-23-2019, 07:59 AM
Many years ago I had a chance to drive a Monster Miata. The car was so front heavy that it was a coin toss between plowing into a corner or snap oversteer on turn in under braking, then ridiculously oversteer with little weight over the rear wheels under power. There was no balance to that car whatsoever. With that said, it was the most fucking fun I've ever had in a car at the time haha.

I was reading on s2ki the other day that one of the members there has a LS Miata that's like 51/49 or 52/48 or something. That's not too bad, all considered.

rage2
08-23-2019, 09:53 AM
I was reading on s2ki the other day that one of the members there has a LS Miata that's like 51/49 or 52/48 or something. That's not too bad, all considered.
Could be the case. This was 10+ years ago, probably early generation MM with the Ford V8.

bjstare
08-23-2019, 09:58 AM
Could be the case. This was 10+ years ago, probably early generation MM with the Ford V8.

Ya I assumed the ford one. Makes sense.

Nufy
08-23-2019, 11:18 AM
https://staceydavid.com/projects/banshee

Toms-SC
09-01-2019, 08:42 PM
Don't forget that there are forced induction options.
The latest generation of Miata with an Edelbrock roots blower
The previous generation of Miata with a Cosworth (Now, Flying Miata) roots blower

370Z
09-01-2019, 08:45 PM
Don't forget that there are forced induction options.
The latest generation of Miata with an Edelbrock roots blower
The previous generation of Miata with a Cosworth (Now, Flying Miata) roots blower

Cosworth actually owns a Miata!

max_boost
12-30-2019, 05:38 PM

just gotta find the right one

mzdspd
12-31-2019, 09:40 AM
SavageGeese is putting out a really good video series on the Miata about the driving dynamics and design/engineering behind the car

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MpBc3K3aZgc

The Cosworth
01-06-2020, 01:27 PM
SavageGeese is putting out a really good video series on the Miata about the driving dynamics and design/engineering behind the car

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MpBc3K3aZgc

I've watched all of them. I actually am thinking of keeping my NA now, even though I have 4 cars. Hahahah. I got a GTI, which feels great, then you get into the NA and use the shifter and it feels fantastic.

Tik-Tok
01-06-2020, 01:29 PM
I've watched all of them. I actually am thinking of keeping my NA now, even though I have 4 cars. Hahahah. I got a GTI, which feels great, then you get into the NA and use the shifter and it feels fantastic.

Well yeah, you live on a 30km/h zone, lol.

The Cosworth
01-10-2020, 09:10 AM
Well yeah, you live on a 30km/h zone, lol.

The whole town except for the highway on-off ramps is a 30 zone. LOL

The Cosworth
01-11-2020, 02:27 PM
Last one up, around the 18 minute mark he starts talking about suspension geometry. Super cool technical discussion IMO

38SE1-1hBlI